Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If it just one spot look to see if that is where water settles on the outside cause it is probably coming in up from there. Home Ownership: Why is this happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sparks let you know it has power

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I never pass up an opportunity to get a more uncloggable toilet.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

devicenull posted:

WTF kind of toilets are you buying that don't come with all the internals? I've never seen that before!

I suggested replacing it, because having a nice comfort height elongated toilet is a nice upgrade over the builder grade poo poo.

Why have a builder grade poo poo when you can have an upgraded poo poo: House Ownership

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sheet vinyl is way cheaper and looks the same without gaps for liquids to seep into IMO. I you need a water resistant to the max flooring.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Inner Light posted:

Sounds like your microwave was extra safe by having grease make the radiation safety holes in the door glass even harder to get through.

The grease takes the radiation bullet for you

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Installer is probably more important then flooring if it is from a reputable manufacturer. Traditional hardwood is refinish-able if the time ever comes. Typically you will be gone though. Floor transitions might be more important.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
loving raccoons chewed through the roof to become illegal tenants in my attic. Your days are numbered the raccoon Hunter is under contract.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrLogan posted:

Look at this humble brag. You don't have to point out you have the dream garage.

Not sure are they both manual transmissions?

Also I’m partial to the diamond interlocking blocks that grass grows in the holes as a drive.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I find it best to just remove the whole house and start fresh. How else are you gonna get a 12 foot tall posting basement?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sell that couch and get one of the ones that comes it individual parts.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can redneck mudjack with that door foam stuff if you insist upon the cheapest

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If your in a subdivision surveys are cheap problem solvers, other surveys are inexpensive problem solvers. In my state it take a city council vote to change a subdivision property line but I would get on to prevent dumb neighbors from being angry

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

devicenull posted:

This happened....

Tire attached to chain attached to tractor
Good as new

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

The local gas company used a bunch of "Driscopipe" in their lines, which apparently has a habit of degrading rapidly in hot, dry climates.

I'm in Arizona.

You should be fine then.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Loud washer dryer neighbor chat,

I would remove the drywall and sound deaden the space with whatever works best, then go with active noise cancellation equipment if you have money but no desire to move.

Cheaper solution is to hang sound reducing blanket like things. Not sure what you can do about thuds.

Or hire them a house keeper to do laundry during the day.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
As stated rockwool is your friend. Insulating the entire chimney top to bottom like they do now in a retrofit though is probably impossible. My guy suggested running a gas log with a constant pilot flame to keep the cold out. Not efficient at all though. I had him cap off the top and put a warning label on my grates. So far so good. Gonna stuff a tv in there with a Yule log setting.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I got all my heirs info stored on a C64 datacette.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Upgrade posted:

I’m getting the water shut offs to the house swapped out to something that isn’t “ancient and already leaking a bit” but one of the many previous plumbers who worked on this haphazardly scattered concrete over the pipes in a weird four inch tall pyramid wedging one in so they need to send me an updated quote for the work.

4 inches? You can sledge hammer that start swinging. Disconnect the meter first. Its free water!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PainterofCrap posted:

~five minutes later ~

I dunno, sounds like you have the situation under control

Seems like the sink is no longer clogged so I give this 5 out of 5 garys.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

GlyphGryph posted:

For anyone wondering, this is the part of the foundation the inspector said I should get someone to look at:

We looked at it so it's good now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So the part to fix my ice maker was $400. A new fridge with working ice maker was $1150. Guess who now has 3 refrigerators.