Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Cool, so it is going to be Shoretrooper again.

I can get a 7* Emp no problem, but they need to bring the drat event back first.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I didn't quite have my rebels at the time it first came around, but my rebels are now ready to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Avail posted:

About to have Wedge 7* in the next day or so.

So far I have Biggs, wedge, Lando, sthan 7* for my rebel team with JKA, AA, and Leia 6*. I'm in desperate need of a new arena team.

Phasma (L), Lando, daka, QGJ, Rey is my current arena keeps me in the in the 1xx range, need some new blood.

sub in STH for Daka and that's pretty mean.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm real real glad that they nerfed the speed Meta last year, and Poe along with it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can we refer to Wiggs opening hit as sniping some Biggly?

That would just make my loving month.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm running into an issue where everyone I fight is using a top-tier god-mode arena team for defense and although mine is pretty good... I really can't beat these squads with much surviving.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I wonder what the 5 crew ship(s) will be. I'm betting one of the Hans plus Chewbacca for the Millennium Falcon, so I'm gonna finish farming up chewie.

I doubt clone wars chewie has any Han/MF synergies. More Likely Han and Lando for the time being.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Whitey Snipes posted:

Ended up at 197 with 6.5k points, it's annoying that there was an additional lottery aspect based on your shard. Now I'm 45/50 on Shoretrooper which is just the worst!

gonna be same here

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So wait, is this shore trooper never going to be available ever again, in any other way?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

He doesn't feel broken to me but that's probably cause I don't run meta teams. He is great against droids but your standard Wiggs/Lando opening salvo nearly oneshots him (gear X, 40k+ protection).

"I don't run meta teams"

"I kick his rear end with Wiggs/Lando"

:psyduck:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

No, I get *my rear end* kicked by them.

My team is Emp/Vader/TIE Pilot/Shoretrooper/Snowtrooper (yes really) at the moment. :)

now I understand

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So, I've become affected by some bug where the final GW team I face every day is just this level 80, 4*, G4, no mod CHAOS DUNK.

I don't know what I've done to deserve this.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 6, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's the bug that has not been fixed for nearly 5 months now.

Nah, I was getting lovely 2nd from last and last teams up to 2 weeks ago.

edit:

I really need them to add more toons to GW.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I extremely hope they just add his rear end to the GW store in a month or two.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

I'd agree to 25% and 33% for the drop rates just based on what I've tracked. I'm at a 32.5% shard rate for cantina at 750+ attempts. I was almost as low as 20% for the first 300 so it's safe to say there's a lot of randomness or other unknown factors.

What's the general strategy for using Rey's abilities? Prioritize 2nd ability if you have no buff and 3rd if you do? Use 3rd over 1st even if you have no buff? I'm assuming mods you want offense and then either crit or health for the sets. Focus on offense/speed for the stats on the mods themselves? Am I missing anything?

Because I'm usually trying to avoid triggering the RG taunt right out of the gate... it depends on the health left after Geo Soldier does his opening special. If they get low enough that I feel like I can kill the other character, I go for 3, if they still have a lot of protection, I go for 2, and save 3 for the first hit after that. If 3 probably won't kill them, and 2 will trigger taunt; then I'll hit'em with the basic and hope she gets a focus.

Malgrin posted:

Different things have different drop rates. Cantina is about 1/3, white/green/blue are roughly 1/3, but purple drops are around 1/5.

Depends on the purple, also.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 8, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Wait, people still use Rey? While she still has one of the highest damage as an individual hero, she doesn't have synergies with anyone else, which is what makes her so much weaker than Rebel, Droid, or Empire teams right now.

Why are you pretending that it's super easy to pivot to the latest meta?

Yeah, Rey is still super common in the 200-50 arena range. Sub 50, I see a lot more Wiggs. But honestly, the single-most important thing I see to set your arena team apart right now is an EP + RG.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

I am part of the problem on this. I haven't been getting in as much damage as I probably could. I just really do not enjoy anything about this raid so I have been lazy.

I stopped doing it. QGJ has been working on it since raid launch and we're not even to P3 yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

I'm I'm only 60 and don't have access to Wedge yet, should I spend resources on Rey or just pass on her? My current team is STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/Lumi. Was planning to swap Lumi for Rey once I got Rey's gear up a bit. It's still a rough swap because Lumi is almost 7 star and Rey is only 4.

Seems like she's a safe pass for the time being.

She's good damage for filler, but there's better comps that necessitate she not be around.

Go ahead and start farming Biggs I guess. AA too, because you need a strong all-rebel squad to get EP.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 9, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Credit heist is back, :swoon: and it's a beautiful thing.

I got 5M from my first one. Was totes happy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I clear it with STHan, Cad Bane, Greedo, Boba Fett, Chewie

Lando would be better, and I'll probably work my freshly 80 IG88 in there somewhere, but this comp works for clearing the top tier. Mods on everywhere are what really pushed it over the edge.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Karzon posted:

I love IG-88 with an omega on his leader ability for these heists. The dots shred the high health elites and bosses.

Chewie lead is actually better than you'd think here too, because of all the AoE.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

New tournament coming, reward will be a new guy from the upcoming movie, not the shoretrooper again:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76197/new-tournament-tank-takedown-tinkering#latest

Also, they're saying that the tank raid is going to be balanced, but no timeline was provided.

Fuckin' good. Jesus. As of right now, it's borderline impossible for any guild that isn't easily farming T7 Rancor... which is insane. Normal raid should be farmable for guilds that are farming T6 Rancor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
QGJ just doesn't have enough 80+ members, I think.

We have about 10 consistent damage dealers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No dice,

can I interest you in a Yoda event?

... again...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I think a merger with GGA might be needed for us to be able to do anything in the tank raid.

How is this not already a thing?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Qgj has like 12 people who do good at the raids. Would prefer it if all of us could go if anyone was going to move.

Lets get poo poo going that way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vodos posted:

Gotta be honest, I'm ready to jump ship because doing that loving tank every day with no rewards for weeks to come is loving frustrating. I skipped 2 days and am still 3M ahead on damage done.

After like 2 weeks, I stopped entirely.

I just picked it back up again, but drat, man... It sucks being able to hang top 10 after not participating for like 10 days.

Applied to IGD, the guild I helped found *single tear drop*

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 13, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Get your poo poo alt out of IGD, Mal, the we need the fuckin' space. :grin:

QGJ and GGA should merge, we don't have enough dudes to field 3 guilds anymore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So another Squad Tournament this weekend?

I just realized that means we're probably not going to get a credit heist.

gently caress you, Devs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Drashin posted:

Can someone add me to a guild please my account name is Drashin and my ally code is 295-234-633 I don't care what guild.

Go to the spreadsheet linked in the OP and friend someone from QGJ. Once they've accepted you as a friend, you can apply to their guild.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just finished old Ben and I need some advice on what's more important right now:

Lando, Wedge, JKA, or TIE Pilot?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Can you do the top scoundrel events? If not, then do Lando.

Yeah, I do scoundrels without any real trouble.

Malgrin posted:

How's your EP doing?

I have a 4* EP, waiting for the next event to finish him up.

edit:

I kind of want to get ahead of the Meta so I'm leaning TIE Pilot... but JKA is necessary for so many raid comps, and he's not slouch in Arena either. I have basically no damagy Jedi right now (outside of QGJ, of course)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing Ships will be next week, after the Chirrut Imwe grind has thuroughly drained everyone of their GW token stores.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Node 9 of GW today was... EP (lead), RG, QGJ, JKA, Lando.

For the record, this is why I hate GW.

To add insult to injury, my node 12 was also not a chump squad, so I couldn't finish it today. Node 9 took all of my reserves to get past so I could preserve my a-team for node 11.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

So, purely through bronziums and free GW shards, I've got a Jedi Guardian at five stars, 18/85. Should I farm her the rest of the way? I know she's terrible, but I'd only be farming a little bit for her.

No, he's terrible.

He was the last of my 7 stars to get raised to 80 and I still regret it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

That sounds pretty fantastic, need to work on my TFP and Snowtrooper (he's like level 70 6*).

She, and she's now easily the worst hero in the game now that Ugnaught has a use in AAT. Also, unless you have something you need right now, you should save your resources.

Yeah. This sounds terrifying, but I am going to see how it goes. They've done mostly well with their last few content patches.

Jedi Consular?

That's a dude with a beard.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Jedi Guardian, as in Jedi Knight Guardian.

Jedi Consular is also a regrettable decision, but actually has value, as opposed to JKG, who has none. Back when there were very few Jedi worth leveling up, JC was worth it to get Yoda.

Oh, yeah, gently caress Jedi Knight Guardian.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

What the hell is Jedi Knight Guardian anyway? Some weird humanoid mouse? Is that the same race as Manny Bothans?

lol Manny Bothans? Can't believe I've never encountered that before.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Double?

What makes you think the currencies won't directly compete?

Also, yeah, Nute Gunray as a Droid Ship Commander makes a lot of sense.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 17, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

What about chewbacca and Dooku? They are literally shown piloting ships within the main series

Not Clone Wars Chewbacca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
LOL. The Executrix?

gently caress you, that can't be a real ship name.

Spakstik posted:

I wonder if I should stop spending arena tokens on Tarkin since it sounds like we're going to get character shards.

They won't be giving you 7* worth of shards, so unless you're already 6+, I'd say keep going.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 18, 2016