Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Pyronic posted:

that's a pretty good point. I just keep imagining mod challenges as some mystical far off goal i'll never be able to have energy for while they keep adding important characters to cantina.

To elaborate a bit, if your situation were more neutral, e.g. if you only had a rebel team finished, I think the recommendation would be different. But the fact that you've already got a decent foundation for a resistance squad makes me think nabbing that speed mod unlock is a good choice. To compare your situation to mine, I worked on rebels, then empire (because i unlocked 7* EP) and scoundrels (credit heist/smuggling/crit chance mods), but my next choice will be resistance because 5* speed mods seem hugely important to the end game arena meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Damienz posted:

Is it viable to switch Wedge into a Rebel team as early as at 4-stars?

If he's geared up (for survivability) and Biggs is 7*, yes. Probably half of his value lies in turning Biggs into a beast, and he can do that without stars.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

3-20m every time a credit heist comes around. It's random, but you mostly wind up getting ~5m each time it comes around.

If I recall correctly, the rewards from credit heist don't get above 3m until you hit tier 3, so working on your scoundrels is probably good advice in terms of cash flow. Lando/STH/Boba/IG-88 + whoever else (per the OP).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Some new Bounty Hunters to go with Boba's Leader would be fantastic.

Ponda Baba & Dr. Cornelius Evanzan synergies ahoy!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Im sick as gently caress right now. I cant breathe

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Are you excited? Or feel sick cause of money you've spent? Or should we call a doctor? Some context would be nice here.

Haha, I'm mostly just quoting this goldmined fyad thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It seemed appropriate. Krennic/DT look pretty sweet and shore being farmable is nice. I just switched to using my empire team in arena today so this is yet again a timely development for me.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Made 7.5m in credit heist. Spent it all on mods. :feelsgood:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pyronic posted:

im having trouble with the last stage with g8-10 level 85 guys and they still almost all go before me so dont feel bad.

Holy crap. Empire must really be the way to go. My dudes (+Boba) are lvl 80/G9 and I think the only guy I lost was RG.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TARDISman posted:

Should I bother buying Grievous shards from the ships shop?

Nope

e: nope as he's currently built.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can somebody make Gen Probe an officer in QGJ? He's on the ball consistently.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: switching from rebels (wiggs/lando/X) to empire + boba in arena. I've gone from struggling to stay top 50 to 30-25. Both teams are more or less equal in total power, but there are at least a dozen rebel squads that I'm crushing now that gave me trouble before.

Now that I'm pushing top 20 I see there's a whole new strata consisting of empire teams with shoretrooper. Oh well, I'm still happy with the results.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Yup. The way to get past that meta is with Boba Fett. The way to get past the Chaze meta that will be in front of that is rngeeezus

I'm finding TFP is amazing for offsetting the babby Chaze teams I saw in the 40s/30s. I love his 1-2 punch aoe debuff with Boba.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

This is true. I don't know why we still play this...

Because we're massive Star Wars nerds.

This assault battle is WAY easier than the last one. The ewoks didnt even get a turn til the last few stages of the 2nd tier.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah EP's aoe stun + TFP's aoe buff immunity + Boba's aoe ability block did the trick.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aleth posted:

To add to this at last check we have quite a few of us Euros so 2am GMT starts with a 24 hour hold aren't that great for us. The only way we can fit in most of the Americans and Euros in a reasonable window seems to be morning PST, midday/early afternoon EST, evening GMT? I don't know if we have anyone further east that get screwed over though.

I mention this any time somebody asks, "What time should we start raids?" in guild chat. We really need a few new officers in QGJ to help with raids. Their delay and poor timing is demoralizing.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Straw poll: I have STH, Tarkin, AA, and IG-88 at 7*. Who's next from cantina? I'm thinking its a toss-up between Mace, HK47, Leia, Sidious, and Nebit, with some outside consideration to Greedo (for possible bounty hunter comps)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah arena. I have vader halfway to 7 & I think he'll be my first zeta, so that sounds like the choice

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How is Krennic in a vacuum and/or in an empire team without DT?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

I tried once, but you definitely want him level 80 and G9-10 to get better buffs from him. He just wasn't good enough. I've had a couple ships hit 5-6* lately, so instead of putting credits into Tarkin, they've been going over there. I've just started dropping below 30 again, so I'm thinking I need to make Tarkin a higher priority again. That said, I've generally heard that once your admiral's ship is ~ level 70, you want to focus on getting all your ships to 80, then level your admiral to 80, then ships to 85 (if their ability upgrades are worth it), and all my ships are not 80 yet.

His matches feel really weird because Mace/AA are so defensive and he's pure offense. I win a lot of come from behind matches because of his offense buff and tie swarm.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've lost enough times now to him by himself that I can highly recommend DM/Scimitar in ships, especially as a reinforcement. When he comes in, puts cloak/offense buffs on everybody except one guy who gets counter, you are hosed if you don't have an immediate buff removal available.

E: could a QGJ officer accept Vallis Rin? He's a friend and goon who never posts. Ally code 987-852-915

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 9, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How does that Teebo/EE/Phasma/QGJ/TFP team work? I get that it's generally about denying TM, but how do QGJ/TFP/EE fit into that tactic?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Davethulhu posted:

Ok IGD goons, do we want to try a heroic tank again? We have the currency for a regular one now, heroic would have to start after guild rollover tomorrow.

I'm not even in IGD, but give it a whirl guys. Worst case scenario you lose 2 days of boring-as-gently caress normal AAT grind.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ive got RG almost to gX and he's a withering proposition, especially on empire teams where EP/Vader come with their own huge health pools. Either of those guys can take a full wiggs combo to the face, stay standing, and then you're stuck with RG's 70k health/prot pool.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Welp. I guess I'm spending money on cartoon spaceships

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

I would recommend not spending money on this game right now...

I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, how many matches last 8 rounds? I know my Vader never gets more than 4-5 turns

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's the scroll when you upgrade gear? I thought it was new bonuses, but I could swear I saw 6 speed scroll when I upgraded TFP to GX, but in his stat screen he's still showing his pre-upgrade speed.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Well, y'all can stop worrying about GK Chaze and just focus on Zoba. Just went 1v3 vs the hardest to beat dude on my shard, Zoba vs. GK Chaze.

Are you saying Zoba is the new preferred zeta? I was planning on Zader, but I can easily switch to Zoba since he's currently in my arena squad anyway.

Today was a cool day for me cuz I farmed my first zetas. For anybody that's not there yet, I got 2 on the 1st try, 1 on the 2nd. If that trend continues, then 6-9/week seems like the rate of return.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another question: QGJ is trying HAAT. I know I don't have enough teams to participate in every phase. Where should I concentrate my effort?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I understand Zaul is the hot poo poo, but I dont have him anywhere close to being ready. My question was Zader v. Zoba, cuz those are my G10 candidates.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

General Probe posted:

Need your 9 digit ally code brah

Sent you an ally invite, will invite to guild as soon as you accept.

Also, what is IGD membership currently? I want to do a postmortem on the QGJ hAAT attempt in an hour or two and talk about shuffling members so that instead of 2 guilds doing T7/T6 raids we can have one doing T7/T6 and one doing T7/T7.

I think if the top 5 contributors from QGJ swapped with the 5 most casual IGD folks, it would be more like T7/T7, T6/T6. Dark refreshment knocks out 30% of hpit for QGJ by himself.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, a cracker jack pit crew isn't exactly a hard thing to pull together.

I agree. I'm just basing that assessment on the numbers I see in our raid. The top 5 guys put out dmg in the 2-3 million range. Everybody else is 500kish or less.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Boozie posted:

If I'm running Boba and TFP in arena does Boba get the speed mod priority?

I would give it to TFP only because he has the higher speed ceiling. Boba's opener packs more punch, but if giving him more speed means the opponent's TFP/Biggs/whatever goes before your TFP, you could be screwed.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
mmmmmm whale dick

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gen Probe had nominated Pyraen and Aleth to come over and frankly I think he should come over soon too, along with Repugnus.

e: buttsaucer too

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

overdesigned posted:

If QGJ can take one more, I'm in the exact same situation (lvl 78) in Roci and I guess it's time for an ascension. I'm Kel Kion, 168-899-873, someone let me know if there's space and I'll drop guild.

We certainly have the room. 47/50 right now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

Today's episode of "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" has been broght to you by the letters F and U...

Man, that's early too :(

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't see magmatrooper mentioned much in the various raid compa in this thread, but he seems like he'd have good synergy in zader TM teams. (not an original idea, I saw him used in an Ahnald vid)

Is there a particular reason he's not popular?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Woebin posted:

Oh, guess I figured that's what the player ID was for. I'm finding the number 435-784-481 in my profile, that ought to be it.

Sent you an ally invite

e: barreft too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

padijun posted:

366-828-555 if I could get an invite to QGJ too. My favorite tertiary Star Wars character who got an EU backstory is Willrow Hood

QGJ is full at the moment. Our idlest dude is only about 2 days too, so I think we'll be full for a bit. Check back in a week or two.

e: unless there's a pubbie we can kick that I don't know about.