Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't think we'd consider kicking someone till a few weeks idle, specifically because of things like vacation and moving and stuff.

I pitched the idea of sending more folks to IGD and the response was lukewarm. T6 tank is dragging real bad right now and I think the rank-and-file are a little wary about diluting our 85s any further.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly low level players may be better off in a guild that's blasting through non-heroic rancor. I've noticed since I joined QGJ as a lowbie that I have tons of high lvl raid gear but I have to grind stuff that drops from lower lvl Rancor raids and it's a huge pain because of uniformly lovely drop rates from nodes.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
When EP gets a zeta are we gonna call him ZP or Zep? Because I'm fine either way

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Challenge multi-sim is almost my favorite over 4x speed

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inimicul posted:

Since the Jawa Engineer looks impossible to get without hoping he shows up in the market for 150 gems per 3 shards until 80, what's a good 5th slot? IG 86, IG 88 or HK?

Also, is there a post somewhere that explains how matches in galactic war are picked? Some days I just run into a wall 15 levels higher than me and have to give up on that day.

Guild store is how I'm farming JE. It's a bit of a grind but not as bad as some others.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've been mindlessly farming EE from guild store cuz of that p1 rancor comp, but do i even need to bother if i'm gonna have zader this week?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

F2P Gadget toons:
Rex - Group Tenacity Up, defensive dispell

Don't forget his 100% chance of 25% tm down on primary, which is huge

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Avail posted:

I check the OP but couldn't find it.

What is the recommended emulator to play this on pc from andriod, NOX?

Thanks in advance.

I think MeMU is the one with the best bonuses.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Should the ships priority list have sun fac in front of Maul? I feel like those guys have switched places.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

Hera ezra kanan sabine zeb will be pretty insane

You'll get only Chopper and 3* Hera and like it you sunuvabitch

Love,
EA

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MichiganCubbie posted:

They said we're getting all six characters for free if we do the events, right?

Did they say that? If so, this would be a great month to be a beginner since you'd have a full synergistic team by the end of the month.

e: nm, i'm an idiot. A newer player probably wont be able to complete all the events. Still, it seems like unprecedented generosity.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 10, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

I'd drown a cat for a 4* Baze rn

Thats like $10 worth of crystals

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Two quick questions:
1. How do you set your loaner guy for cantina battles?
2. Could some of my allies switch to somebody other than Wedge? Preferably somebody sithy/empiry

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Pretty sure my cantina battle leader is Zader right now.

469-134-913

Sent you an ally invite. I'm Pet Sheev

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I figured out why I was only getting Wedges on Cantina battles. The ally offerings will not show anybody on your team from your roster from your most recent attempt. I reset hundreds of times with my empire/boba team, tried clearing squad, and doing the challenge reset trick to no avail. Out of frustration, I ran a failed attempt with my rebels and now I'm instantly getting Zaders, Mal's Boba, and EPs.

e: and thanks to Chili for the Zader. 3*ed cantina 8G and consequently 7*ed my own Vader :D

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 11, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
QGJ is still full but we have a dude idle 10 days. Is that the guy that was moving? The moving guy was SA name field mousepad and the idle dude is GoH name kernel fault.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
While it's not an end game situation, I'm gonna try out a Zader lead in arena this week. I'm the only guy in the top 20 of ships on my shard running Executrix so I suspect I'm also one of the 1st to be reliably farming zetas. I certainly haven't seen any in the top 20 of arena.

My question is: what do you guys think about the rest of the team? My hunch is that high speed AoE approach will best leverage the lead. So: TFP & Sid. The problem is that now I have to choose 2 from EP, ST, RG, and Boba.

I'm working on Maul too with his zeta + lead next on my list.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can see the benefit of Dooku being the 5th. Zader, TFP, Sid, Dooku, EP seems like it would get a ton of TM down chances.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CaptainPsyko posted:

Biggest advantage of Dooku, if you're not running a dispel, he gives you a chance to stun someone through the pretaunt.

I was thinking of the tons of basics via counter -> tons of passive tm down chances

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, buy furnaces from guild store/shard shop. They're a huge bottleneck.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Given the surging prevalence of zetas in the meta, would it be a good idea to re-word the OP to say something like GET 5-8 DS SHIPS TO 4* ASAP, so that newer players are ready to begin farming them as soon as possible? It doesn't look like there's a level requirement for either the Tier 4 Executrix challenge or the Tier 3 ship ability mats challenge, so it seems like the sooner you have your DS ships ready to do attempts to get your Executrix, the better.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around mods, since I'm just now at the point where I have a top tier arena team to start gearing / modding out and develop.

I read the OP and what I'm getting is that you want MK-V Speed primaries on most everyone? And then protection mods on people like Baze/STH?

I've just been throwing cheap tier 1-2 health mods on all my people and maxing their level for a triple health bonus on everyone but I'm at the point where I need to start min-maxing to compete as I'm gradually falling out of the top 20 and now top 50 in my shard.

If you're just getting into mods, the first thing to do is beat the first tier of mod battles, then beat tier 3 of health mod challenge. Then spend a week or so farming 3-5* health mods for everybody on your arena team.

After that, you can keep farming looking for nice 2ndaries etc. But it's probably better to slowly start working on progressing through the mod battles, unlocking mod challenges, and 3*ing the crit chance challenge (which you can do because you've been working on scoundrels for credit heist, right? :D)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm cumming everywhere

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there something wrong with raid tickets or has their accumulation changed? I've spent 2 crystal refreshes each on cantina/regular energy plus the mid day refresh today and I'm showing 0 tickets earned, while plenty of folks have 600.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Davethulhu posted:

Are you looking under guild management? Because the daily ticket thing there has been bugged forever. Look under guild activities to see how your daily ticket accumulation is going.

Yeah that was it. Thanks.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
QGJ has an opening. If you're still guildless and you have at least one 7* (or are at least reasonably close, so you can get Rancor rewards), post your ally code here and I'll get you added. I'm Pet Sheev in game so when you see my ally request accept it or I'll make you write new Kylo Ren fanfic.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

He's a good, versatile Zeta, but if you don't have whatever else is needed to field a good empire/sith arena team I'd hold off.

He's also boss in the Rancor raid and AAT, but again, you need the rest of his cast to make that poo poo happen.

Another thing is that Vader is difficult to 7*. However, if you have him close to 7*, then you probably also have been working on his buddies (mostly EP/TFP).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mumur posted:

I've got a solid 7* Empire/Sith team if I wanted to go that route with Vader. Don't really need him for Rancor as my Teebo squad does fine. I could make a fast Yoda switching mods. I just don't know how the rest of my Jedi would do as outside of QGJ and Yoda most are mediocre. Maybe a QGJ/Yoda/Wiggs/JKA team for arena?

My early experience with Zader arena lead isn't great. I've seen youtubers say he's a solid arena lead, but he seems to underperform for me vs. the same team with EP lead. All my fast guys (EP/Sid/Boba) go first, then I never get another turn for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If you've got a solid set of Sith, then Maul might be a good choice for you. He seems really strong in arena (although I don't know how he fares elsewhere).

Beyond that, it's hard to go wrong with utility zetas like Barris & Boba. Zeta Dooku looks pretty ridiculous with a nihilus lead too.

e: I'm currently waffling between Maul & Boba for my 2nd zeta if that's helpful (my jedi are admittedly underdeveloped). While I'm disappointed with Zader's arena performance so far, I don't regret him being my first Zeta since he's useful in GW/AAT and should eventually let me solo the Rancor once I get Rex.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 17, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just a follow-up regarding my disappointment with arena zader. Chilichimp and CaptainPsyko helped me figure out that I needed Shore instead of RG in the team.

While the pre-taunt is really important (it's great for any comp), I think the bigger component is the fact that Shore grants TM to ally special abilities while he's taunting. This is very specifically useful to the Zader lead since he's great at TM reduction but provides no TM gain. That was the big piece I lost trying to simply sub zader for ep in my previous arena comp: EP/tfp/vader/RG/Boba. EP gives TM to everybody but Boba in that comp.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I mentioned this a few days ago but it might have gotten lost in another discussion topic: QGJ has a spot open if there's anybody in need of a goon guild. If you're interested, send an ally request to me @ 782-793-678 and quote this post to confirm and I'll get you added.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 20, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

Finally found an Arena team that seems to be working for me. Zaul, Palp, Nihilus, Boba, Zavage. Managed to take #1 spot and I've been using my spare attempts to practice against the Rex/GK/Zylo teams in #2-#4 while I wait for payout, and I'm 3/3 so far.

I'm impressed with Zavage. Even at G10 he is tanky as hell, and the AI doesn't complete ignore him like some other tanky toons. His dispel is also pretty clutch at times, removing a stun or ability block can be a massive benefit.

Doesn't this kinda leave Boba's cheese out in the wind? I get that he's pretty resilient with resolve, but I'm surprised he's effective as a de facto tank.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

With the recent changes I'm curious what the pros think I should do in the future.

I whale'd it up a little to boost my level up quickly and get a baby Chaze going but have since stopped once I hit the longer stretches where money required becomes exponentially more for less gains.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shabadadeepoo/collection/

Regular Energy - Currently gearing out Wiggs/Chaze/Lando and my main focus characters rather than grinding shards. I do the Royal Guard hardmode for my daily activity though.
Cantina Energy - I'm currently pushing straight for 7* Wedge then moving to the mod farming everyone detailed
Cantina Credits - I haven't decided between QGJ or Fives. I have more of a Jedi team going than a Clone Team right now and need to know which direction to proceed. I did waste some credits on getting Ashoka since I needed her ship starred up for ship arena.
Guild Credits - I got most of Jawa Engineer before switching to Rex then Darth Maul. I've got Rex at 60/80, JE at 60/80 and Maul is lagging behind but what I'm focusing on right now for his dark side ship.
Squad Arena Store - I pushed Ackbar before I joined the guild and can 5* him, but after getting enough shards to 7* STH I don't know if I should be pushing Leia or IG-88, or hell Savage and Sidious since I'm pushing Maul and already have Sidious at 4 stars.
Galactic War- After getting Lumi and Biggs to 7* I've been completely focusing on Dark Side ships or grabbing up Biggs X-Wing blueprints anytime I see them as he is a ridiculous tank keeping me in the top 10-15 on my shard in ships
Fleet Store - I've been grabbing any Vader/Scimitar/Slave 1 shards that appear but spending the rest on the occasional Wedge shards or Sun Fac's ship. I'll be grabbing Chirrut now that he appears there and I won't have to pay like $200 to 7* him.

Major adjustments in strategy i should make or anything?

Having a 5* Baze/4* Chirrut makes all the rebels outside of Wiggs/Lando less of a priority for you. You'll still use them for various raid comps/events, but Chaze/Wiggs/Lando is your arena team for the foreseeable future.

E: gently caress, I forgot about Boba. Get Boba, then get QGJ. He's an end game jedi and has plenty of value in TM reduction comps.
Get Teebo/Phasma for the same reason.
Mal's order is accurate for the fleet shipments, although I'd throw Vader shards in there too since he's a pain to get shards for otherwise. I wouldn't keep spending fleet credits on Wedge since you have another way to get him (although I can see it being tempting when you're close to 7*).

Personally I spend the minimum energy on hard nodes (currently JKA), and the rest on gear.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Space Crabs posted:

Everyone suggests Teebo but I loving hate ewoks :colbert:

I'll cut you

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

I'm getting waxed in arena and flight arena because I'm severely undermodded (among other reasons). Should I just grind out a whole bunch of high level health mods and slap them on my characters until I can finally build out the right combination of teams for mod challenges? This would mean taking a break from grinding out TFP or other node-based characters that I need for mod challenges, is why I'm at an impasse.

I can currently do health, crit chance, and tenacity mod challenges on the 5* level.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tadashisa/collection/

Mod farming seems best handled in stages.
Stage 1: 3* the health mod challenge and put 5* health mods on everybody.
Stage 2: slowly replace health with CC on your attackers once you get that one 3* (should be pretty quickly since STH/Lando/Boba are early priorities)
Stage 3: if you have good jedi, 3* the defense challenge. This unlocks 5* mods in the mod shop and you can start hand picking those when a good one shows up
Stage 4: gradually fill in the other gaps in the recommended mod setups as you find them in shop and put together empire, first order, resistance, and jawa teams.

Trying to be super efficient about it and holding off farming until you can get the perfect mod for a given character just doesn't seem feasible in a practical sense. All those teams take a LONG time to farm/gear. You need something that works day-to-day in the meantime.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cidrick posted:

Am I allowed to invite non-goons as long as they're cool? I play in a guild with some real life friends and I'm sure they'd appreciate shooting the poo poo.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Don't do what I did and put 6* into Cad Bane like an idiot bitch

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Hey, y'all, I need a guild to start farming the cute lil' Jawa. My IGN is PrincessGarbage, my ID is 649-241-823 and I'm level 55.

Sent invite

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Oh is that what that "Priority Heroes" section is for? I was wondering if that was what I should focus on.

Specifically: Lando, STH, Boba. All 3 are scoundrels, Lando/STH are rebels, and all 3 have utility pretty much the entire game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was just wondering if Cassian/K2SO might not be a good choice for new players since it gives a very early rebel synergy they can then sub out for more advanced rebels later. I realize they don't fare well in later metas due to lack of speed, but that doesn't become a huge issue until lvl 75 orso.