Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Please keep talking about how awesome Lando is. I'm about at 5 stars on him and can't wait to get him leveled and geared. Leia is fast behind him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It's been more than 24 hours since they've completely loving broken PVP and GW with mods. Has there been any official response yet?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.

Ha ha ha ha. Holy poo poo. How are they so bad at this?

Also a couple of questions for QGJ goons:

Should we do a quick T5 to burn through some of these extra guild coins?

If they really drop the ball even more on these mod changes and I end up quitting, who wants to be the new leader?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Mods are cool.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So their fixes so far are to just make poo poo even more difficult?

I hit 90/100 on FOTP today and :toxx: I will quit this game if I bring him to 7 star before they actually make this poo poo bearable again. PVP and GW are absolute nightmares now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has 26 active people.

:negative:

I'm dialing back quite a bit. I've got some weird health stuff going on right now and I don't really want the added stress of trying to advance in this game with the way things are right now.

I'll still do my dailies and stuff but I just wanted to apologize in advance.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Mods were just nerfed hard.

Whatever, how about a refund of the bazillion credits and energy I wasted on them?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I haven't done T7 yet but I feel like I've been swinging above my weight class with Teebo lead, QGJ, Rey, AA, Fives. I really need a potency mod for Fives and I really need to get Fives and Teebo to G10 but I can still put up some good numbers on T6. Once you get a hang of the timing you can use Master Tactician to keep your dudes healed from the occasional hit that sneaks through and to get Teebo stealthed more consistently.

I would love to run Ewok Elder but I have like The Worst Luck with raid loot and still need to build like 7 droid callers right now so I'm putting all available guild bux into those.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So this may be old news and is certainly not incredibly useful to know but apparently Mod Table (not Mod Challenge) battles count as Hard Mode battles for the sake of today's guild activity.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'm at the point where I can nearly solo P1 (today I hit 95%) on T7. I would need to get someone to take over IGD, but if you guys want to take on T7 I could transfer over and get you guys started on Han shards.

I don't think we're quite there yet. We've really only got a handful of people who actually put up big numbers on T6 right now.

Personally I'm alright with QGJ being the casual guild while IGD plows through T7s.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
What kind of poo poo rear end teams are people putting together for the Potency mod challenge? I've got Vader beefed up and obv a nearly maxed RG and... snow trooper at like level 30 and 3 stars.

I think it's real dumb that First Order dudes don't also count as Empire dudes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jerkface posted:

From the latest update

Really sucks that they now are going to be balancing things around mods. I feel like they need to balance around the base characters, so that you are actually rewarded for increasing your powers with mods. Instead of what is likely to happen: mods become mandatory

Yeah I agree. They seem way too interested in pushing the carrot just a little further rather than you know, releasing new characters and poo poo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Even outside of droid teams I'd rate IG88 decently high. I want to say he's better than Savage but they are two very different dark side dudes so I'm not sure how to compare them but he's definitely better than Sid and Asajj currently.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

Just got an update, here's the only significant change:

Snowtrooper: "Assault Training" now correctly grants Turn Meter to Empire allies.

Literally one day after I 3 starred the first Potency challenge. :suicide:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
People are still throwing money into the game on account of it being Star Wars so why not scrape by with the minimum possible effort and probably the cheapest bargain barrel dev team they can get away with?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wintermutant posted:

Speaking of their excellent QA, did they break QGJ's 3rd skill? Several times today I've used it, dispelled a buff from the enemy, and not gotten the team buff from it.

Evasion Up and Offense Up both do this sometimes. I suspect that it's something like the debuff effect lands but they "evade" the trigger that gives you Offense Up. I don't have any real scientific data on this or anything but it always seems to happen with Dooku/Ben/Lumi buffs.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

Please don't spend any money on this game right now, the developers have not earned it. This game caters to mega whales who spend several hundred a month on it.

Seconding this. I actually spend way more money than someone should on mobile games and I still will not buy anything in this game. Beyond the fact that the value of the purchases for this game are laughably bad compared to just about any other phone game, there's the issue where the development team likes to make big sweeping changes at the drop of a hat with no notification. What you spend your money on may be worth far less minutes after you purchase it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Uh. Have you ever played against a modded OB, STH, RG, Rey, QGJ/GS/Whatever team comp? Holy poo poo, modded right, I can't beat that at least half the time, and my team is fully modded, 5* level 15. Alterrnatively, OB, STH, B2 or Sun Fac, Rey, QGJ/whatever.

:laffo: You can't even win all the time against an equally matched team if you do everything right. The game's RNG can just take a dump all over you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm sure the next Clone Wars character will be yet another clone trooper but I can dream of Hondo.

E: Or that 4 armed Sith guy, whatever his name was. We need more Sith.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

iGestalt posted:

Grevious? he's already in the game as ~the worst grind~

Nah, this dude (spoiler alert he's totally a Sith dude):

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

iGestalt posted:

Wow.

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff? How the gently caress do I get their job.

tbh it's probably more of a marketing/branding gig than it is someing lore centric. Presumably there is a fuckoff massive series bible at Disney for Star Wars and some poor soul has to ensure that all Star Wars branded poo poo adheres to it. They sure as gently caress aren't just going to give that info to clown shoes dev Capital Games and hope they work out so Disney has an actual grown up to take care of that.

E: That approval process makes me wonder about (potential cartoon spoilers) Ahsoka being a night sister at first. At one of the recent big events they outlined what her story was going to be before Clone Wars got cancelled and I wonder if at the point when CG first got the approval they were still going off of that and were going to make her affiliated with the Night Sisters in the last season (who by the end of Clone Wars were pretty much all dead).

Jibo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 3, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If you sperg hard enough, all of your dreams will come true.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Hughlander posted:

Wish the loving empire event would come back. I want my Vadar shards.

Same. I'm 2/100 on Vader right now and I haven't touched it (but am now ready for it).

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well we currently have like 0 guildbux and we should probably let more people weigh in before we decide anything.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope we get crystals for this down time. I'm down to 19 at the moment.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ok Fella posted:

You need to have the entire cantina band unlocked to do the raid this is horseshit!

I think you mean Jizz Band.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yo. Members of Qui Goon Jinn, we need to slow down raid damage. We're like halfway through Phase 4 and only 13 people have hit him. Try not to put up big numbers until we get more people on the board.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

doogle posted:

We only have like an hour left on our tier 7 rancor which is at like 5%, I can invite people if you want to drop your guild to finish this thing for us.

For real come kill our rancor and get some free rewards.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

two_step posted:

Someone on Reddit is claiming that they changed raid damage, so that a bunch of people all clearing P1 will all count their damage. If so, we need to be a lot more strict about damage caps or something.

That may be. I didn't pay any attention to what was going on but our T7 in QGJ melted pretty quickly.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hello all. I have not been around much lately but I'm happy to say I've freshly purged some inactive people from QGJ. We have 10 slots open.

I've also promoted a few people. Please feel free to let me know if you feel you should be an officer as there really wasn't any method used to select the current group.

Finally, do we want to change our guild message? The old schedule is kind of obsolete now that you can see the next guild event in the client.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The game gave me a link for a survey. I started filling it out and as soon as I typed up my reasoning for Galactic War being the worst part of the game it crashed out and wouldn't let me back in.

:argh: Jesse

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Field Mousepad posted:

Jibo what are y'all raiding? I'm lvl 71 and only have a handful of 5* peoples, not sure if that's too low or not.

Currently doing T6, hoping we can get back into T7 soon but who knows with the new raid coming. Only like 50-75% of the guild ever participates in any given raid anyway so as long as you have at least one 7 star person to get raid rewards you should do well.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
For the record, please let me know if you are adding me as a friend with the intention of joining the guild. I get a bunch of rando friend requests all the dang time and I reject them unless it's something I'm looking for.

Better yet, just put SA in your name and I will add you and invite you for sure.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
QGJ will be able to afford something.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yo. Checking in to say I just got back from vacation last night to find out my internet is hosed. It looks like I may not be able to get in to the game for a bit while my ISP is figuring it out.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Throw my vote in for a merge. I've pretty much given up on raids because I hate them and they take so long but if we can get enough people to do T7s of the Rancor again then I'll probably start contributing to them again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If only they could make GW something other than a hideously unfun hour long daily slog...

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
At the very least they will probably have some kind of Black Friday promotion. But I doubt we'll see a major update right as everyone leaves for a long weekend.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but it seems like every GW node after 5 is like PVP whale teams with some kind of terrible tank composition.

On a related note:

:911:

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 16, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
If Vader isn't a pilot when the patch goes out then I bet they are holding off to release his TIE Advance as a special ship unit. Lando/Han could have a similar thing with the Millennium Falcon but I'm guessing they are just missing because it's incomplete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Last time the tournament came around mine reset at like 6 or 7 AM EST. No idea if these are universal.