Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

korofrog posted:

I think it all comes down to what mod you're putting in. If you've got 2 mods for the same slot but the primary for one is +X while the other is +X%, you'd have to compare it to see which one would be the best. In my case for QGJ, +12k protection would be way better than +94% which would only get me about just over 5k. Thankfully they were different slots so I didn't have to do a lot of comparison.

I'll swap the mods around to RG at some point but I think, if I mathed correctly, I'll be around 45.5k protection with 4 mods. I'll try to find better for him so maybe he can absorb any super rey damage in arena.

The harder part is going to find mods for my pig guard that'll give me +health, +protection, and +potency.

Also, different mod-types only give certain stats. Top left only does offense (flat). Mid-left only does defense (flat).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
On the plus side of this update though...Sims + multi sims mean i get done with my dailies WAY faster. I still need to slog through GW but my fully decked GS+REY+RG make it a laughable autobattle

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

On the plus side of this update though...Sims + multi sims mean i get done with my dailies WAY faster. I still need to slog through GW but my fully decked GS+REY+RG make it a laughable autobattle

Just wait until you hit someone with mods. It's...um...good luck?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The best part is that since mods aren't reflected in power level simming is extremely dangerous!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Here's a guide to modes

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4so8mo/an_initial_guide_to_mods/

If I ever rewrite the OP, it will basically be a repaste of the above link

quote:

Shapes
Secondly, mods come in 6 different shapes. The shape determines that primary stat it will/can have.
Square mods will always have offense as the primary stat
Arrow mods can have; Speed, accuracy %, offense, offense %, defense, defense %, HP, HP %, prot, prot%, crit avoid % (lolwut)
Diamond mods will always have defense
Triangle mods can have; Crit %, crit dmg, offense, offense %, defense, defense %, HP, HP %, Prot, Prot %,
Circle mods can have HP or prot
Plus mods can have; Potency, tenacity, offense, offense %, defense, defense %, HP, HP %, prot, prot%

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Just wait until you hit someone with mods. It's...um...good luck?

Being a lowly level 74 means the final GW team has just recently been full gear8/9 80s. Still no mods in sight after doing 24 GW battles today.

Also I am the new #1 on my shard when i normally was sitting @50-30

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Fortunately, my GW was pretty easy. Guess I refreshed before many people had mods?

Here's my current arena Whale.

P.S. That rey has two +47% offense mods, 2 +15% health sets, and a +15% crit chance set, which brings her to 62% crit chance.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Preemptive goondolences to those in IGD who are gonna miss the raid, we gotta set up some rules about participation/damage post-mods or lots of people are gonna get screwed

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The thing is though, the mods themselves aren't such a bad idea - it's just that they should not cost cantina energy, their challenges should be on daily attempts like the old challenges, the challenges should not require specific faction and last but no least they should absolutely not introduce the kind of power creep they did.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 13, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Preemptive goondolences to those in IGD who are gonna miss the raid, we gotta set up some rules about participation/damage post-mods or lots of people are gonna get screwed

Yeah, I've said several times that people need to be attacking once. I only got high damage cause I got in on P1.

e: There used to be an easy target for me in Arena. He sniped me several days in a row right before payout, so I made it my personal mission to attack him every chance I got, even if it means I get 50-100 fewer crystals. I'm not sure I have that option anymore. His Anakin now has 37k HP, 65k Prot, and 152 Speed.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 13, 2016

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

The thing is though, the mods themselves aren't such a bad idea - it's just that they should not cost cantina energy, their challenges should be on daily attempts like the old challenges, the challenges should not require specific faction and last but no least they should absolutely not introduce the kind of power creep they did.

Also they should be like +4.7% offense or +1200 protection not +47% and +12000.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I've said several times that people need to be attacking once. I only got high damage cause I got in on P1.

Thing is I think those numbers ARE all just 1 attempt. p4 is slowing down a bit so hopefully we can somehow get 40+ in, but I think we're gonna have to artificially gimp our teams going in so we're not doing more than 10% or so on any non-p1 attempt to give everyone a chance. 500k+ dmg is very easy in p2 and p3 now and that's a big % of his health.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Thing is I think those numbers ARE all just 1 attempt. p4 is slowing down a bit so hopefully we can somehow get 40+ in, but I think we're gonna have to artificially gimp our teams going in so we're not doing more than 10% or so on any non-p1 attempt to give everyone a chance. 500k+ dmg is very easy in p2 and p3 now and that's a big % of his health.

Option B is we move some people over to QGJ that want to lead T7s, and some people that have only a couple 7*s from there over to here.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Mal this is what I am working with:

https://swgoh.gg/u/herux/

Any tips/recommendations would be dope as we discussed in guild chat.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Here's my box o' heroes. Any suggestions for a team or where to focus? I seem to be stalled.

Edit: The drat link:
https://swgoh.gg/u/jmorris4371/collection/

Phummus fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 13, 2016

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
That's because you don't have any heroes, HA!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Phummus posted:

Here's my box o' heroes. Any suggestions for a team or where to focus? I seem to be stalled.

Edit: The drat link:
https://swgoh.gg/u/jmorris4371/collection/

I mean, at this point my advice for everyone starts with Phasma, Rey, RG, QGJ. That fifth slot could be a lot of things, but probably GS or Daka are your best bets.

Given your team, for arena, just run QGJ (L) + jedi until you have those.

e: IGD people. If you are online when the next T7 raid starts, I would highly recommend jumping in and doing as much damage as you can in P1. We no longer have to worry about clearing T7, so this lets you get on the board with your first team comp, then sit out the raid until we have 45 people.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 13, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

It also may be about time to move a few people over to QGJ to help them get T7 rolling.

MalTwo was pretty cool before he went to GGA, so I vote for MalOne.

:getin:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It's been more than 24 hours since they've completely loving broken PVP and GW with mods. Has there been any official response yet?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The devs have said that they are working to re balance the mods and should have more information on what that will include in the next 24 hours. They said something about actually testing it this time and trying to get it right for once.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I'm so close to quitting. This mod poo poo is confusing and broken as hell.

I feel like every time I get close to a goal, they pull the football away. I was almost level 80 too. Then they broke GW and made me want to shoot myself in the face. Then they broke the whole game so that I can't even clear the third last tier in GW because every loving character on that team has every mod slot filled with level 15 mods.

I'm going to take a few days off at the very least to evaluate how much the last couple of months has hosed up my life and whether it's even worth continuing even if they fix mods.

If this game was based on any other IP...

edit: I know, I'm a dumbass whale with an addictive personality and way too much spare cash to spend on entertainment. But if I'm not even getting the entertainment what the gently caress good does it do

Halverine fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 14, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've accepted the fact that I will probably never be able to complete GW again. Upside is I have all the GW shipments toons and 26 lvl 80 7* toons so I can suffer a credit crunch.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So mods are clearly retarded, and hopefully they tone them down big time, but it is worth pointing out that right now, they can greatly level the playing field between those who have their guys fully geared and those that don't. In the current state, you can spend about 5 million credits and 500 or so cantina energy and be just as good as someone that had thrown down thousands of dollars for this game. Even if you bought all that for crystals, you are talking something like 7,000 crystals or $50 to be just as good as their 10 grand.

In the end, this, more than anything else is why they will *have* to change the mod system, the whales won't stand for it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

two_step posted:

So mods are clearly retarded, and hopefully they tone them down big time, but it is worth pointing out that right now, they can greatly level the playing field between those who have their guys fully geared and those that don't. In the current state, you can spend about 5 million credits and 500 or so cantina energy and be just as good as someone that had thrown down thousands of dollars for this game. Even if you bought all that for crystals, you are talking something like 7,000 crystals or $50 to be just as good as their 10 grand.

In the end, this, more than anything else is why they will *have* to change the mod system, the whales won't stand for it.

what's stopping them from getting the mods too tho

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

They get them too but the difference between fully geared fully modded whale and fully modded f2p is like 2%

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I'm all for bridging the gap somewhat but holy poo poo, the amount of frustration I have experienced in this game lately and they go ahead and let people basically double any stat(s) in the game?

Mods are a good idea if implemented well but for me this was the straw that broke the camels back and demonstrated to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that this company deserves no more of my money or free time. They fundamental are unable to deliver a stable and fun product and it seems they are not learning from their mistakes.

Anyway, peace out, I'm quitting to devote my time and energy to more worthy developers. This has been building up for the last couple of weeks so it's not just about mods, this game just isn't fun for me anymore. I'm fine with people thinking this is just sour grapes from a whale who spent around a grand on this game and now the unwashed masses get to have a team that is as good if not better than mine. It doesn't matter if the brick wall I faced in GW this morning named chendley is a ftp person or the biggest whale on the planet. I'm at the end of my personal Galaxy of Heroes journey, I'm cutting my losses and moving on.

GGA you all rock. Put in as many requests for gear as you can over the next few hours and I will give away as much of my gear as I can.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Halverine posted:

Anyway, peace out, I'm quitting to devote my time and energy to more worthy developers. This has been building up for the last couple of weeks so it's not just about mods, this game just isn't fun for me anymore. I'm fine with people thinking this is just sour grapes from a whale who spent around a grand on this game and now the unwashed masses get to have a team that is as good if not better than mine. It doesn't matter if the brick wall I faced in GW this morning named chendley is a ftp person or the biggest whale on the planet.

Hey, I'm close to quitting too, so I understand. However, they did fix a lot this patch, and I do think we will see a significant toning down of this game. That said, it does sound like at the very least you need a break, and that quitting would probably be good for your sanity. Try to stay away from lovely mobile games. I hear FFEXVIUS is a better game, but much like this one. I spent about 5 minutes on it, then decided that I don't want another new addiction. I also like Future Fight, it's more diablo style combat and they have more content and their devs don't gently caress up quite as often. I had to choose between this and that game...too much of a time sink.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Malgrin posted:

Hey, I'm close to quitting too, so I understand. However, they did fix a lot this patch, and I do think we will see a significant toning down of this game. That said, it does sound like at the very least you need a break, and that quitting would probably be good for your sanity. Try to stay away from lovely mobile games. I hear FFEXVIUS is a better game, but much like this one. I spent about 5 minutes on it, then decided that I don't want another new addiction. I also like Future Fight, it's more diablo style combat and they have more content and their devs don't gently caress up quite as often. I had to choose between this and that game...too much of a time sink.

Yeah, thanks for understanding. I agree there was plenty of nice quality of life changes.

I play heaps of games at home but on mobile it's been Hearthstone exclusively for years. I do love that game but GoH is mother loving Star Wars. Without that IP, I would never have touched the game.

I wish you guys the best, those who are still having fun and aren't frustrated in the least and those who are but are patient and have faith. I just wish I could give my B2 to someone! I would love to see him go to a good home!

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Halverine posted:

I'm all for bridging the gap somewhat but holy poo poo, the amount of frustration I have experienced in this game lately and they go ahead and let people basically double any stat(s) in the game?

Mods are a good idea if implemented well but for me this was the straw that broke the camels back and demonstrated to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that this company deserves no more of my money or free time. They fundamental are unable to deliver a stable and fun product and it seems they are not learning from their mistakes.

Anyway, peace out, I'm quitting to devote my time and energy to more worthy developers. This has been building up for the last couple of weeks so it's not just about mods, this game just isn't fun for me anymore. I'm fine with people thinking this is just sour grapes from a whale who spent around a grand on this game and now the unwashed masses get to have a team that is as good if not better than mine. It doesn't matter if the brick wall I faced in GW this morning named chendley is a ftp person or the biggest whale on the planet. I'm at the end of my personal Galaxy of Heroes journey, I'm cutting my losses and moving on.

GGA you all rock. Put in as many requests for gear as you can over the next few hours and I will give away as much of my gear as I can.

Ah poo poo, I'm sad to see you go. You've been a huge help carrying most of GGA through a lot of our raids, and it's been good having you in guild chat.

That being said, I completely understand how you feel - the GW changes and mods have seriously soured my view on the game. If it wasn't a Star Wars game, I'd have uninstalled long ago.

Take it easy and stay away from mobile F2P games :homebrew: If you ever decide to come back, you'll always have a spot in whatever guild I'm in. (assuming they end up fixing their poo poo and I stick around, of course lol)

Inkel fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 14, 2016

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, Mal, I am done too. This game is amateur hour and it feels increasingly like a chore to go through the motions everyday, so I'll stick to Future Fight. Please remove me from IGD and best of luck to the rest of you!

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davedog posted:

Yeah, Mal, I am done too. This game is amateur hour and it feels increasingly like a chore to go through the motions everyday, so I'll stick to Future Fight. Please remove me from IGD and best of luck to the rest of you!

Well, the good news is that we now have an open spot in IGD...

Also, re: mod changes: SPEND your mod energy as fast as you can tomorrow. It'll probably be worth it to spend as many crystals as you can tonight and tomorrow (up to 400) on mods, because after tomorrow morning, you will have a 1/3 to 1/2 chance of getting a mod from a mission. So GL with that (at 16 energy) if you didn't already have a set of 5*s.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 14, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.

Ha ha ha ha. Holy poo poo. How are they so bad at this?

Also a couple of questions for QGJ goons:

Should we do a quick T5 to burn through some of these extra guild coins?

If they really drop the ball even more on these mod changes and I end up quitting, who wants to be the new leader?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I vote Swag, Jerk, or Squid. They are active and pretty cool.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Looks like I picked a good time to quit! Who am I kidding I can't quit :(

Seriously though I might stick around just to watch this slow motion car crash. I picked up Pillars of Eternity and it's so refreshing to have an actual game to play.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Mods are cool.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Fenris13 posted:

wow.

wow.

What the gently caress. I think I might look into that FF game that Mal mentioned, as this does not seem to be going in a positive direction. They made everything meaningless, then made it purely P2W.

Just won an Arena with my whole team dying, and my Super Rey soloing the rest of the enemy team. This was for Rank 36. So dumb.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 14, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jibo posted:

Mods are cool.

Good enough for second place.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

Fenris13 posted:

Haha, well this was a fun few months of playing, was just starting to feel like I had a handle on things, uninstalling this for PokemonGoFuckThisGame.

Thanks to everyone in GGA for the help in chat.