Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So I started messing around with this game about a month ago, just doing all the daily stuff not spending any crystals and barely spending credits/energy. I was autoing every battle until I hit level 40 and unlocked Galactic War and I really liked doing it. I imagine doing arena battles would be fun too so now I wanna build up a good team but am not sure who would be best to put on it. I read the OP and I just got Zeb and am halfway to getting STH. Right now I have CW Chewy(4*), Farmboy Luke(3*), Talia(3*), Jedi Consular(2*), Royal Guard(2*), Ewok Scout(2*), Clone Sergeant(2*), FOTP(1*), Snowtrooper(1*), Zeb(2*), and as I was typing this I opened a Bronzium Pack and got Barriss Offee(4*) which I am just going to assume makes Jedi Consular obsolete. So who should I be focusing leveling/gearing up? I was farming shards for Luke, Jedi, and Sabine but I'm starting to think those last two might be a waste of time. But then again I'm still figuring this junk out, any help would be appreciated.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP but is there any reason to hold onto Ally Points or should I just spend them all on Bronzium Packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

fishtobaskets posted:

The shorthand newbie guide is:
1. Focus on getting good scoundrels for credit heist. Money is a huge bottleneck so the sooner you can do tier 3, the better. Lando/Captain Han, Boba, and ST Han are good choices. I expect when the veteran bros (han/chewie) become farmable they will also be desirable targets
2. Phoenix is a great 1st synergy team to shoot for. They are required to unlock thrawn, they work as rebels to unlock EP, and they get you 40% of the way to unlocking GM Yoda. Plus they are servicable in young arena, they are required for 2 TB nodes, and they do great in GW.

A lot of folks will tell you Ezra is required, but for a new player, I think the more important goal is to get a team together as fast as possible. To that end, Hera is the more important farm from that resource:
1. Cantina energy - Hera
2. Cantina store - Chopper
3. GW store - Zeb
4. Arena store - Kanan
5. Hard nodes/guild store - Sabine

That you can farm this team simultaneously is another nice benefit for a new player wanting to maximize bang for your buck.

Edit: fuuuuuuuuck they also have 2 pretty good ships that are themselves required to unlock Thrawn's capital ship.

Thanks! Looks like I was sorta on the right track getting the Sabine shards, 10 more to go. As far as scoundrels go would it be worth it to get Cad Bane to start up the heists ASAP? I could probably get him in a week where Lando and Fett will probably take a lot longer.

UmOk posted:

This will eventually be the most frustrating part of the game. Enjoy it while you can

Yeah, I assumed it would get harder as I leveled up my characters. Do you know what the scaling is based off of?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Chilichimp posted:

Cad Bane is trash, do not buy. Buy Garazeb instead.

fishtobaskets posted:

No. Im pretty sure you can do heist with just lando, sth, and boba and beat it. If you need 5, throw in shitball chewie and get captain han unlocked.

I just got Zeb, Biggs, and STH but Boba and Lando are gonna take a while and I wanted to start the heists. I was hoping Cad would be a good filler just to get started but sounds like he isn't as good as I'd hoped. oh well, guess I'll pick up more Zeb shards to star him up.

Oh hey, I just got a free Kylo Ren from some Battlefront 2 promotion? At least something good came from that game

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Finally got Phoenix to lvl 75 7* G8 so that's pretty cool. Dunno if it's enough to 7* Thrawn though as my MODs are kinda poo poo and I'm not lvl 85 yet.

So I decided I wanted to try to go for CLS whenever his event pops back up so I'm starting to work on the old school Rebels but I gotta get R2 first. What is a good Empire team to put together? Right now I have Vader (5* G7) Thrawn (5* G6), Tarkin (4* G7), TFP (3* G6), RG (4* G6), Snow (3* G3). I can't farm Thrawn or Vader and Tarkin is gonna be a pain since I have to get Leia and STH out of the Squad Store. I know there is a Palpatine event this week or next week and I can only hope my Phoenix is good enough to get him at 7*. So if I just pretend I have Tarkin, TFP, Snow, and RG who would be a good fifth guy I could farm for?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Kinda bummed CLS/R2 is going on now, I was hoping it would later so I could get R2 at 7*. As it is I ended up getting him at 5* so at least I can gear/level him up while grinding out the rest of the teams.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Almost got enough mats for my first zeta. Is there any reason why I shouldn't put it on Emperor's leader ability? My arena team is an empire team (EP, DV, TFP, Thrawn, Tarkin) and I don't have CLS yet.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Having just got JTR and enough mats for a zeta, where should I put it? Keep in mind I don't have one R2 or BB8 yet either so I'm not sure which to prioritize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Awesome, I just put it on JTR lead and I'll get BB8 next. Thanks for steering me in the right direction