Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Well, credit heist has been underwhelming for a while, last time i got 4 mil, now 3...

I'm a crybaby, need creds yadayada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

I need advice on who to zeta.... I got zQGJ allready and my jedi are getting half decent. Should i zeta yoda as well or would it be kind of an overkill?

Could go for Vader as well, as i have a decent team around him, but EP has proven a better lead in arena than Vader to be honest.

Also, Cody is seven starred but my clones are all undergeared so it wouldn't do any good at least for a month or two...

Edit: could also zeta R2 and get a cleanser for my jedi. Plus fake tanking for Aayla secura!

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 15, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

My jedi aren't really arena ready yet to be honest, only QGJ and yoda are at gXI, anakin and aayla are gear IX (drat 200 cuffs)... So i think i'll wait just a little more before i decide. Don't have barris so that's not an option

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

You should always try to level mods that are at least green on level one, and have a good primary and secondary stats. The right side mods, Arrow, Triangle and Cross have respectively the best primaries: Arrow->speed / Triangle->critical damage / Cross -> Potency/Tenacity.

Why you should only level mods with good secondaries on them on level one: See, mods get better when leveled, and on levels 06, 09 and 12 they either gain a new secondary or they roll on an existing secondary and it improves. The best secondaries are speed, so if you have a speed secondary, and you roll to 06, 09 and 12, the chance of getting the speed to increase is bigger.

Look at this vidyo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaiApAwpno

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Man I'm sucking at this Luke event, any tips?

Reroll until there's only one brute in the final stage, kill the brutes last, kill the raiders first. Ability block the raiders asap so they can't call assists.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Kanan is the poorman GK. If you have no way of getting GK in the near future, like myself, he can go well in a zQGJ team. Otherwise he's a bitch to gear and needs 350 carbantis, 150 stunguns and 100 cuffs...

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

TFP is actually pretty easy to gear... Had him on GXI at the same time i 7* him

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

My Phoenix Squadron is still woefully unprepared for this event. I guess I'll see what I can do in the next week.

At least we got some crystals and credits from the whole ordeal :unsmith:

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Zylo is never a bad invest, so yes you can go there if you want to. But you should consider switching to something else if you don't have Thrawn to be honest... R2 is not difficult to gear, but if you don't have resistance or jedi to back him up, it's not really great

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

K2 is negated completely by buff immunity (TFP, Anakin, i dont know who else) and revive is negated by Boba fett and DN.

It's good theorycrafting but the few teams i've seen people do this comp on my shard gave up on it in a few days. I don't say it won't work, but i doubt it will net you top 3

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

This game has a pretty slow start, but there are ways to speed it up. Try checking a few guides, and the OP, on how to spend your energy more efficiently and what toons to farm so you aren't hosed.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Inimicul posted:

He mentioned that those slots aren't showing up for him yet so until he gets higher level and unlocks them he may as well get what he can.

Well, not really, it's better to save up, as he will switch to maul/rex long before he gets engineeer. Also, Jyn is a lot better toon for raids and in general than Jawa Engineer, and she's on top row

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

The Ewok rework without the new toons is underwhelming to say the least.

Chirpa's zeta is laughably bad, 60% assist chance on a special...
Ewok Elder got a "bug fix" which is a huge nerf to him building turn meter for other allies.
Teebo got a "bug fix" nerf, applying TM reduction before damage, so his TM reduction will remove 100% TM, but they regain TM after the attack, same way Jyn TM reduction works.

Got some damage increases here and there, but i don't see Ewoks getting relevant as of yet. there will be a few videos in the next days on YT, because some people have them maxed and they will try them, but i'm not holding on to my pants

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

tadashi posted:

How do I kill Zeta Savage? gently caress this guy. He doesn't even hit hard or anything, he just doesn't die. When I stick him with a heal-block debuff, he just gets it removed in his next turn, which is always like 2 turns away.

Darth Nihilus has a word in this matter.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chirpa's drop rate has always been abysmal, so don't cry when you get zero shards with 4 refreshes

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Tarkin (L), TFP, RG, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper is one hell of a starter team. Ability block on Snow trooper is just awesome, plus he's Empire Lando. Stormtrooper is an ok tank now, after the rework, and this team will get you R2 by the way. And R2 is boss.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Also Tarkin is the best ship leader, and TFP has uses in both raids so get those guys to 7* after you finish scoundrels.

Actually, it seems that empire is pretty meta in newer shards, and it gets better when you get thrawn, but that is not your goal now.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

I dont think ship omegas are available yet. I might be wrong, but i think i would remember such a thing.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

If you have a resistance team, i think that Finn's zeta is the best investment. With one zeta toon, you get

- an awesone HAAT team for phases 2, 3 and 4. Second in damage after clones in P2 (better than rebels), great damage in P3 if you have R2, great damage in P4 (3rd best team i think)
- a team that will finish GW every day without problems. Maybe even without giving a turn to the other teams.
- an arena team that can climb up the ranks quickly (5 wins a day) but also drops as fast since the AI is an idiot. If you have a good payout time on your shard, you can even get top 5 daily, but be prepared to climb up the next day.
- a team that will 3 star you all the hard mode light side battles
- A team that will get you some shiny speed mods.

I don't see a single zeta that is this versatile, but keep in mind that you really need the other resistance toons geared and ready to go, poe needs to be modded for speed (at least 250) and potency for them to shine.

I don't have them myself, went with jedi and to be honest, I have bitter regrets.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Popete posted:

Has anyone been using Zam in their bounty hunter/scoundrel team? I've got her (it?) 7* and with Boba as lead I was thinking of also getting Greedo up to 7* to take advantage of Boba's leader ability with thermal detonators.

I dropped 7* Dengar cause I can't figure out what he is good for besides the occasional stun.

Thermal detonators are the worst game mechanic ever. With all the tenacity/cleansing going on, don't bother, it really isn't viable at all. You'd be wasting precious gear on Zam Wessel instead of using it on a good toon.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Once you start a toon, get him to 7* unless it's a lovely guy that will last you for 50 player levels, like luminara for example. Some toons are good only with other ones, so don't farm i dunno, K2 without pairing him with cassian.

But get a good squad to 7*, and more importantly gear them up to gear 10. I can't stress enough that gear is what makes a toon shine, stars are there to get them into raids.

The best you can do in the long run is to pick teams that perform well in a certain phase of the HAAT, and concentrate on that.(resistance is your best team at the moment)

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

So is the gar saxon ship worth investing in? This would mean that i need to farm gar saxon and imperial commando, gear them to at least gear 8 and star up the ship.

Ship appears in fleet shipments, so it would be a long grind, but i have some odd 10k shard shop currency on the side and i could get it to 5* pretty quickly.

I'm running Tarkin with TFP, Biggs, Vader, Geo Soldier, Jedi Consular with Sun Fac and Boba on reinforcments and i get top 20 daily. Would this ship tip the bar and get me in first place? What's the general opinion.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

two_step posted:

I think if the Phoenix/Thrawn thing has shown us anything, you should keep stockpiles of various currency. I have started keeping 10K arena/GW/Cantina currency in reserve, and save all my shard shop money as well. I'm starting to run out of crappy guys to get in those three, then I will really start stockpiling (except for arena, will probably buy credits there when I get too much of that)

I think you are better off buying shards of toons that you allready have for the shard shop instead of credits, in arena shipments at least. You never know when there will be another baze/nihilus in shard shop. Got my DN to 6 stars just with the shop, now its 50 days until i get him to 7*. Much better than if it was, i dunno 300 days :unsmith:

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mace Windu, at least until he gets a rework, is a useless piece of poo poo toon. His admiral ship is great, yes, but you are better off with Tarkins ship and Tarkin is a way better toon overall, arena and raids included.

Working on dark side ships and pilots is your better option than republic at the moment. You will start getting empire toons and maybe be able to unlock R2 next time he comes around. Start working on Tie Fighter pilot, his ship is great and he's invaluable in HAAT and Rancor raids. Boba fett is a great toon with a great ship. You need him for scoundrel heists anyway.

Your Jedi lineup will be QGJ(L), Anakin, Aayla, Ezra, Kanan. Ezra will kill stuff, Kanan is better than Chewie in every way.

That is until you unlock Yoda, where you want to swap him in if you are running into too much debuffing toons. Ezra and Kanan will run into trouble later on when they start encountering Tarkin in arena because they are rebels and they can't resist his debuff.

Then, you will unlock General Kenobi and R2, in a year or so, and you will have a good jedi squad, but my thoughts are that the power creep would have rendered them obsolete by then.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

You can also use him in arena, as he makes a lot of teams bite the dust with ability block on primary target and buff immunity on the rest. Buff immunity is great against auto taunters like Kenobi, Baze and Royal Guard, as it lets you cherry pick targets if you don't want to kill a tank first.

He works great under a Tarkin leadership, a Zader Leadership (ability block Yoda and Jedi are dead) and lots more. he's pretty easy to gear and to 7* and his ship is one of the best in the game.

The most use you will get from him is Rancor raid, all phases and phase 3 of Heroic Tank raid.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Crouching Rancor says 19 days to 7* Old Ben... I wonder if it will be ok.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Can anyone tell my why I'm sliding on arena defence lately?

https://swgoh.gg/u/BobTheDestroyer/

From a peak of 17 I'm going further and further down and thats even after getting GK to gear XI and giving R2 his 2nd zeta :S

From what i can see, is that your mods are pretty meh. GK, R2 and Kylo could really use some protection secondaries, preferably in the 1.5k and upwards.
Your GK should have at least 60k protection, even at 6*.

Also, it depends of your shard, with that team, you wouldn't hold top 100 on mine. What are the teams you are facing the most? If your R2 is giving stealth to everyone just before baze goes, he will AOE dispell you.

I'ts really a case per case to be honest, you should check who is dropping you and what their mods are.

Edit: Also, did you think about shard collusion? Sometimes the top 20 are on discord and snipe newcomers out of 50. You are the enemy

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 4, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

I recently hit 60 and unlocked ship battles. I don't find them interesting at all and just fully automate both the arena and the challenges, which has worked fine. I got as high as top 40 or so in the first few days of ship arena. However my ranking has been steadily dropping day after day. I had been neglecting the gear levels and character levels of my pilots since all my pilots except JC are poo poo but i have started gearing and leveling them up now and started climbing in ship arena again.
I have not spent any fleet tokens on ship shards; how important is it to increase the stars on ships? The first star gives a 1,05 multiplier to the pilot power which seems pretty low. Do more stars exponentially increase this?
I am perfectly fine sitting in top100 ship arena as that is a decent amount of tokens and i'd honestly rather spend fleet tokens on Wedge and whatnot.

Ships allow you to farm Zeta mats, which is no small feat. Zeta mats are endgame poo poo, but start planning ahead and get the following:

1. You need five 4* DARK SIDE ships in order unlock the capital ship battle to get Tarkins ship to 5*
2. You need eight 5* ANY FACTION ships (plus Tarkins Capital Ship at 5* that you unlocked earlier with the dark side ships) in order to be able to compete for the Zeta challenge

The best way is to concentrate on dark side ships first.

The best DS toon/ship combos are these, in a more or less, ease of farm order:

- TFP/Imperial tie Fighter, both are fairly easy to 7*, toon is great in raids, ship is great for arena
- Geo Soldier/GS Starfighter : toon will get obsolete in endgame, but his ship is great
- Sun Fac/SF Starfighter : great tank for starting out, ship is an awesome tank that dishes out pretty good damage and under Tarkins lead will put target lock on EVERYONE
- Boba/Slave1, great toon and ship. Farm this ship first in fleet shop, and this toon first in cantina shop

Fifth DS ship:
- Maul/Scimitar : Maul zeta is done, but he's still a pretty powerful toon, easily farmed in guild shop. His ship appears on the same node as Slave1/Tie Advanced and ITF, so harder to farm
- Vader/Tie Advanced : Vader is an awesome toon, has a versatile zeta for raids and arena. Tie Advanced is awesome. Made of paper, sure, but his damage is unavoidable, as well as his target lock.
- Gar Saxon+Imp Commando/Gauntlet Starfighter : Both toons are meh, but easily farmable. Also Empire, so you have empire toons to unlock R2. The ship is pretty good under Tarkin lead but are you willing to gear 2 toons just for one ship? Maybe later on in the game.
- FO TFP/FO TF : Awesome toon, hard to farm, Awesome Ship, but if you arent farming the toon, skip for laters.

The best LS ship is Biggs. He's actually the best ship period, if you have a reliable way to apply target lock (Slave1, Tie Advanced, ITF)

Other notable LS ships to aim for so you get your 8x5* ships: Jedi Consular, Ashoka's ship, Clone Sargeant's ship, Wedge... These are not the best ships, but they are easy to farm.

Of course, you should be aiming at gearing your pilots as the ship's abilities depend on the gear level. Gear Tarkin as well as his capital ship is the best.

Edit: Don't spend fleet tokens on farmable toons btw. Farm Wedge in cantina, you will get creds, ship creds and EXP that way. They are better spent on rare ships, Vader and Chirrut Imwe (chirrut can't be found anywhere else, just in fleet shop), Zeta Mats and gear.

Mister Blueberry fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 4, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

So the New Hope toon reworks look ok i guess?

Farmboy Luke will be able to fit in a Zader team, if his crit damage stack is unlimited, he will hit like a truck after a few turns.
Old Ben makes a completely unusable toon something that could fit in a jedi/rebel team.
STHan is meh. Sticking a zeta on a toon doesn't make a toon viable. He's still to squishy for a tank.
Leia's rework looks pretty good. She doesn't need a leader ability so we dont care. More chance on multi attack and guaranteed offense up will make her damage more consistent.

I hope Raid Han gets some love. He's a "legendary" toon that has nothing going for him in the state of the game.

I'm dumping all of my cantina into Old ben and even have 5 carbantis stashed to complement if G9 doesn't cut it in the event. I just hope they give us a few weeks to finish up this poo poo.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Well, Raid Han rework looks pretty sweet. Too bad i never invested in him and got him on gear ZERO.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Well, the Old Ben pack is really crap, i agree, but i wasn't sure to unlock CLS without it. Relying on 3 refreshes per day wasn't going to cut it so i caved in.

I did a stupid, but got CLS. Dunno which one wins to be honest. I guess the stupid, because spending money on this game is egggghhhh....

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Inimicul posted:

I don't feel bad about spending :20bux: on worse packs that were in themselves only ok characters. Yours led to a win button. Don't feel bad. You're keeping the lights on. I would have done it too if I was in your shoes but I was waaay too far behind to justify the cost.

Yeah, I guess. But this game has seriously shifted our perception of "worth for the money".

Should also be able to 7* thrawn in one go next time around so I'll have all the legendary toons bar Kenobi.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

UmOk posted:

I thought I saw that DN and ATF were going to be added to the ship arena shop. Was I hallucinating?

They got a fixed node in crystal shipments, 4 or 8 shards, rotating between the two toons

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

CLS raid han leia r2 and gk is one of the worst bullshits I have ever encountered in GW.

You lose a team member. At least one. Every time

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Hey guys, you've seen me post a few times in this thread so I was wondering if it's ok to recruit for a non-goon guild here. Because i'm european :(

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Resistance ar egreat for so many things btw, and GW is just one of those things.

You get the speed mods, which are great. You get a LS team able to easily beat the lvl9 Hard Light side battles. A decent arena team on attack. And one of the best teams for HAAT, good in phases 2, 3 and 4.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Can you really clear all arena meta teams you are most likely bound to encounter on nodes 6/9/11(12) with Resistance without breaking a sweat?

Some teams can cause a bit of problem, especially with all the mix and mismatch metas we are having now.
But yeah, Zfinn can handle almost anything especially with TM advantage.

By the way my guild is EU based and we are recruiting 12 members that have teams for HAAT after a small purge we had.

We do 24 hour zero DMG on heroic pit and we run normal AAT at the moment, but we're fairly certain that HAAT will be beat next time we go for it, which is september.

So if you like EU hours for raids (7 or 8pm GMT) contact me on discord! discord PM: Lino Albaro#2619

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

I have never, ever seen Phoenix in GW.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

You need a suicide team for that. Once Kenobi is down, it's not that hard anymore

I've been getting that exact team on node 9 and 12 for the past few days. It's not very fun to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

My node 12 for Galactic Chore :

I have a deep enough bemch that I get through the last node after sacrificing two or three teams. This one, hell no. GK, Baze and Bariss are something else.

Zader can deal with those, if you have nihilus, it's even better. Preload TM for Zader, the dots should kill them slowly. Palpatine's shock is a good way to keep them from healing.