Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Hey, so is there something else I need to do to get an invite to the goon guild? Haven't seen anything yet.

What's your in-game name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

I have G11 CLS as my light-side and cantina lead and recently cleaned up my allies list. My ally code is 297-786-683 if anyone needs this.

I was kinda hoping to have enough critical mass in QGJ to do HHAAT, but :shrug:, I guess. Maybe next opening in Maulful, I'll move so I can get those juicy GK shards and nopt feel so left out.

I'm running zCLS (L, binds all things), zR2 (Number Crunch), Raid Han, Leia, and Old Ben. Next zeta will go to Han. I recently did a pass on all my mods and put the secondary speed mods and primary +30 speed arrows on my arena team. Everyone but old ben is at 198 - 220 speed. Olde Ben is 168. I'm not sure if Kanan or Old Ben is the better tank, but I know GK is the better tank.

Before that I ran CLS, R2, Wiggs, STH. It was ok, but I found STH just too squishy with not a lot of utility beyond turn meter.

The new team comp has propelled me from ~85 to about ~35-45 on my shard. I seem to hit a wall in the high 30s, low 20s. It does pretty good against Chaze comp teams, less so against zMaul, I'm guessing because it doesn't have Baze's AOL, nor Chirrut's heal. It is fun running a pure OT hero comp team though.

I mean. Let's play QGJ zetas. Where are we at? Maybe we can try a HAAT this month. I should have a zeta this month. Who should I put it on to help the team?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Sorry, thought you just needed the ally code. It's AGayShark.

Well that too. I was checking if you were on my ally list sorry

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

The slot filled from someone in discord, I'd recommend our third guild who's name I can't remember atm. I'll mention when we have an opening. It will probably be soon lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hockles posted:

Tomorrow I am eligible for my first Zeta. My only reasonable Zeta at this point is going to be a Dark Side.

My top choices are Maul, Vader, and Dooku. I currently run: Palps (leader), Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Royal Guard.

Who should I pick for the Zeta?

You're qgj? With more zaders we can try hard tank
Dealers choice

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ok QGJ goons. Get in the discord and know we are shooting for a hard tank by the end of the month/ early next month. Try to level and gear up characters with that in mind.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

While also farming Cold Han. And Hoth Rebel Soldier. And every light side character for TB.

This game sure became a lot more to deal with really quick. I don't know when I'll get back to farming Old Ben and Phoenix so I can get CLS and Thrawn.

Yeah. Get thrawn and cls then do the other stuff

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Have you seen his user name?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ is pretty close to haat. I'll see if we have alts or something that we can swap out

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

tadashi posted:

I used the special ability with st han, biggs, and wedge and it helped.

Anybody have a home for my alt? I usually do all my tickets but it's better for goon guilds to have spots for main accounts.

When we have a spot I'll take you back buddy.
Trip report. HAAT is loving tough

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

:agreed: And I whiffed my CLS doing something stupid. :smith:

What happened? Also at worst we lose and try again in a month. Or whenever that thrawn event comes back.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

It was at the end of P1, I ran solo zKylo. Then I ran solo CLS to finish off P1. I tried to get him to escape, but the P2 tank hit him hard and killed him. It was a dumb move.

Ah well. Live and learn. I'm pretty sure if we can't do it now(I don't think we can) we are very close to tipping over the edge.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Doji Sekushi posted:

gently caress, I'm trying to connect and help with the HAAT, but we just went through a hurricane and although we didn't get the brunt, we lost power and internet. I'll jump in as soon as my connection lets me.

You have 36 hours it's fine lol

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

If either goon guild has space, I'm back and playing again. Ally code is 792-317-377

Both are full atm. What's your galactic power? Just wondering. Have an inactive I'm debating kicking from QGJ is he stays inactive much longer

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

https://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

Not much, but I've been inactive for a while. Direction of what to farm up is welcome right now.

Farm mods on cantina. Gear up your rebels. I'd say work on Phoenix as they count as rebels work towards thrawn. Ezra is a very good jedi/rebel/phoenix

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Farming questions:

I now have a full 7* Phoenix Squad (sans Sabine)
In ~3 weeks ill have a full 7* Empire team to use for R2D2 (GMT, TFP, RG, Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper and Palpie) I guess ditch either storm or magma
In ~6 weeks ill have all the dudes required for CLS to 7* (I already have STH at 7*, Leia and Luke at 5*, and this is assuming i'll get R2 to 7*)

1. What should i use my GW currency for, after finishing Magmatrooper?
As i see it the good options are:
-Resistance Pilot for the resistance squad (for GW and HAAT?)
-Captain phasma for a FO squad to complete the mod challenges
-Ship tokens (particularly Resistance X, FO Tie and JC's starfighter)

2. What should i in general be working towards after all this?
Resistance? FO? Jedi's for Yoda?

I don't feel that focusing on TB specific stuff is in the best interest of neither me nor the guild right now and it is better i focus on that once i have good teams for the other types of guild content (?)

Do you have zetas? If not, use GW to work towards some 5* ships. If not I'd say phasma

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I wish they'd add a mod crafting store or something

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Focus on hera

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

G8 for everyone. All abilities maxed, and level 80 plus ok mods should do it from what I hear.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Zachack posted:

Yeah but can it be done with lvl85, say g8 with some mods? She's the one I'm missing and I'd like to finish up Ezra and then move over to CHS.

Hera is the key. G8 is the minimum if they are all 80 with uniques omega'd.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

"Those assholes" made me literally lol. I'm sick dropping cantina energy on the next "must farm" character. Hera is at 50/100 to get 7* and then I have to finish up Ezra; he's only at 5*. Then it's farming loving cold Han, so we can have yet another iteration of Han Solo. Then, maybe, if CG doesn't introduce another "must farm" character, I can start working on a solid Resistance team.

Same. I'm on Old Ben, then Farmboy luke, then I can work on finn finally

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

That makes me torn between farming Cold Han to help the guild or being selfish and farming Finn. I guess I could rationalize it that Finn would complete my resistance team and then I could be more useful in HAAT. Plus, if the goon hive mind is right, a zFinn team would make GW great again.

Do finn then cold han

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Give me a zeta mat

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

If we can't do the HAAT raid next time, I think I'm going to be done with this game. There's literally no point in even playing if you don't have General Kenobi. It ridiculous.

Edit: Not really. GW is just pissing me off today.

Sorry friend. I really do think we will be ready for it once the r2/ thrawn event comes back around. It'll be a huge boost for the whole guild's dps

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just give me more dark side that I don't have to farm from 16 energy cantina

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cactus posted:

My brother swears by magma for raids. Gets decent scores although I recently overtook his with my zader & cls team :smuggo:

Referring to rancor. gently caress tank I hate that raid.

Is he a goon?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TB did start back up again, so make sure you get your attacks in today. Do the special Phoenix missions if you can

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cactus posted:

The Rocinante has 4 spots free atm. We're not looking for low levellers anymore as we're about to attempt our first heroic tank to see how badly it beats us; we have heroic rancor comfortably on farm. Our last TB we nearly got 17 stars and a few of us have beefed up our entire rosters since then so hopefully we'll see the benefit of that this time around. Guild galactic power atm is about 36 and a half mil, if that's any indication of anything...

Post ally code and I'll invite.

For reference QGJ tried HAAT last week with 40 million GP and 21 stars in TB. We still got crushed

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Do sth for credit heist as well

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

Ok. I've got STH unlocked, but was focusing on Kanaan like the OP said. I switched to farming Hera in Cantina now that Lando is done, but if you guys think that Wedge is a better use of my time right now, I can work on him instead.

What level are you? Can you post your https://swgoh.gg/u/ ?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

I made an account in there. Username is https://swgoh.gg/u/madmadi/ but every time I look at my profile or try to sync I get a 404 error so I'm not sure how helpful it will be. I'm level 59, so I don't actually think I can even unlock Wedge right now anyway.

E: never mind it's working now.

Yeah just focus on Phoenix and scoundrels for now

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hey QGJ inactive people. Please go do your TB battles. Thank you

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cactus posted:

I wonder when this game will have it's Star Wars Galaxies moment, and what form it will take. It's bound to happen.

Context?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

This is more or less exactly what i have done, with the exception that i already had Phoenix up to par when Palpie was on a couple of weeks ago and managed to get him.

Palpie has the Empire tag and is from what i understand very important for the R2 event as it is difficult to get good Empire characters. Few good ones are grindable. Palpie, Thrawn, Vader, Shoretrooper, Veers, Krennic, Death Trooper all take ages or events to get.
The grindable ones (ie from a currency or cantina) are TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG, Magmatrooper....and thats it. Literally just 5 dudes you can get in a sub-3-month timeframe, and aparently Magmatrooper is pretty crap. So you really want Palpie and/or Thrawn for R2.

Personally i have Palpie, TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG and Magmatrooper at 7*, and am thinking of ditching Magma and use the rest for the R2 event (?). If Thrawn comes around before R2 i assume ill get him at 7* and am not sure who to ditch for R2.

R2 is amazing. He can fit on most teams even without his zetas

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

lol I've been playing this game for like 2 years and I can't even complete the BB-8 first tier cause I don't have FO Officer unlocked.

Have you tried getting good?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Not really.

I just never started FO cause for the first year I barely played and only went after toons I liked such as bad Boba Fett and Dengar.

A man after my own heart

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

tadashi posted:

I think that meme is supposed to be like one of those expanding brain memes. Someone joked that the level 4 brain is Pao's zeta.

Donate to me in qgj pls

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ members I think that after the R2 event at the end of the month we can try hard tank again. Work on those HAAT teams friends.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

It is confirmed, R2 at the end of the month.

Thrawn could come mid-month or next month, noone knows.

It's a dick move to have 2 R2's before they bring thrawn back, but here we are.

Thrawn might be a free 7* empire character to get r2. Why would they give you that when you could have to panic farm royal guard or stormtrooper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Thrawn may be back October 7th. So be ready in case.