Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

im cute posted:

looking forward to using double drops to get phoenix to 7 stars, maybe work a little on fun-as-hell nightsisters. farming van vewie is totally off the table. I don't think I even have any of those characters unlocked.

Double drops for two days on only nodes for vets, finn, and rey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

I wish I had a whale free shard. The double drops will help me get FOST to 5* and get a 5* BB8. FOST is a tough and my last FO farm. Welp. There is no way I'm going to get AARP Han and Chewie in only a few days and I really don't want to. I'd rather get a decent Empire trooper squad going.

Question time: I have a zeta ready to go and I'm unsure where to put it. I curently have zCLS (binds all things), zzR2, zRhan, and zKylo. I'm thinking either

zThrawn - either leader for TW or his unique for arena.
Zader - for HAAT
zMaul - for much better Sith Squad

Thoughts?

What's your arena squad? I'd say thrawn. His zeta helps with haat too

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

The double-drops are only for characters needed for the Rey event. I too made this mistake.

Ebb and Flow. Always Arena First, bruh.

And again. It helps haat. And tw, and TB. And his ship. Thrawn rocks.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Zachack posted:

Is there one I'm missing? I know I participated in the one that ended... Thursday? Friday? I'm not seeing anything other than the Rancor raid and TB in 2.5 days in the guild events.

If I missed signing up for TB then my bad, wasn't my intent, but can I really not see what's going on if I miss that?

Rip friend

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Congrats. Especially impressive given how many members SM has taken the last few months. Enjoy those GK shards!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

It was really nice seeing QGJ beat the HAAT. I'm not around much b/c my mom died right before Christmas and I'm taking care of things. Don't kick me from QGJ. :v:

I'll still be contributing while sitting in bank waiting rooms taking care of business. Younger goons who still have their parents, give them a call or give them a hug.

Ouch. Sorry friend, like others said, let us know if you need anything

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

texting my ex posted:

It's fine I'm from EU and I miss raids constantly, they are at 4-5am for me most of the time. I'm also not as devoted to the game as other guys so it's all cool

I think QGJ raids should work out better for you then. They're at like 8 PM EU time

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I love the empire changes. PS. Discord people.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

im cute posted:

Visas Marr was one of my favorites from kotor 2, I’m happy to see her in the game, and desperately hope she’s not a huge pile of poo poo.

She is good

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Imagine whaling her and getting a full refund

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Just work on the vets for next time. It's a solid almost 3 month farm at 3 refreshes a day

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just finished my 7* Krennic. He is core to my crazy damage trooper runs

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Aside from struggling in real life cutting down my play time, right now the most disheartening thing for me is the length of time it takes to farm up a new team to try new strategies. With all the new characters being hard mode farms, it is awful trying to raise a new team. If you want to unlock the characters, you can't gear anyone, and if you want gear, you miss out on character synergies.

Yeah poo poo sucks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

UmOk posted:

I have a lot of zeta's saved up because I'm a video game hoarder. Is there any reference that shows which zetas are best?

Who do you have? Are you on discord? Someone just posted a list of the top 100. I'll look for it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Hey, I haven't been in the game for a couple weeks now. I'm kinda burned out, so I'm taking a break. Feel free to drop me from the guild. Username Sirc Reclaw.

Good luck in rl friend

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

SM is doing heroic sith raid again. We are about to easily clear part 1! :siren:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mdemone posted:

I was running zJyn, cassian/K2, R2, and Fulcrum for the longest time in arena. Never had a decent Chaze but the others were all zetaed out.

And now of course I've moved on to other things so Chaze are sitting at g9 or something forever.

Imo take them to g12 next. It's worth it. Chaze is good in hsr, light side TB, TW, and arena still.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hockles posted:

Wait, we can put mods on our characters? What are those?

The purple materials you get on Wednesday

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Bugs are bae. My soldier is g12, sunfac is a gun from 11 and spy is an easy gear. Bugs for life

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Where are the hockles memes

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hey chili wanna do my mods?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

I totally do, i just don't want to admit being a Kraken

I can't tell anymore

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

IG is trash and will die in the opener every time. See if you can sub him out for something sturdier.

With a medpack and the g12+ furnace he's tanky as hell

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

CaptainPsyko posted:

As someone with a g12+’d z IG88...

No he isn’t.

He's cardboard instead of paper*

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Shut up Hockles
:hockles:
Why is that not a thing
@chili
@sheev

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Barry posted:

My reticence has always been that I don't really want another thing buzzing away on my phone to distract me. I have it on my desktop PC for chatting with friends and the occasional multiplayer game but that's about it.

I could install it and just have it on mute and try to remember to check it here and there.

That's what I do. I also use it to talk to my friends in group chats. Muting on the phone is the way to go. You can also mute channels you don't want to hear if there are some you want notifications from

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

The Big D posted:

Any openings? I haven't been in a guild in a while. It started becoming more chore and less fun so I took a few months away.

Ally Code: 143-656-787

We are on inviting you now

Edit: I invited you. Nice roster!

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 20, 2021

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

New game mode comes out March 1st. It looks neat.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

The only thing I dislike is that your team gets none of the bonuses in each match (meaning going for a mirror match with both sides as the same faction to capitalize on "bounty hunters get + one million protection and for every 1 protection you do bonus damage" just gives it to the AI team, not yours. That's offset by the special mods and such though so it's not a real heartbreaker.

The only bonus I hate is the "All damage dealt to the Republic does the same to you, and hurts more the more you do it" which just seems really loving dumb.

Yes that sucks. I don't think you can die from the damage reflection though. So as long as they never take a turn you're good!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Brass posted:

I picked up this game a few months ago and I've been pretty hooked on it. The more I learn about the game, the more I realize all the mistakes I've been making. I had been playing for 2-3 months and had just 7 starred some of my Phoenix team while spending here and there. I was around level 50 when I decided to buy the HDB since I figured I was going to commit to playing more seriously. I had been worried that it would be too much and/or that I might lose interest afterwards. Well now I feel kinda stupid anyway with all the shards, exp, and gear progression I wasted. I've been diving deeper into the game since then, the HDB is definitely a lot. I've downloaded Bluestacks and created a few alts since then. I want to do a few hoard accounts, some long-term, some short term, mostly f2p but 1 that I want to buy HDB. I'm not averse to spending 10 bux, I just get off to a perception of value, and being efficient. There are a lot of various and interesting progression paths to take in this game that I want to check out myself to know more about them.

There is a lot to learn and I plan to continue being clumsy on my main, learning as I go. I have realized how I've been misallocating my resources - which again was made worse by the HDB wasting the progress that I worked hard/spent money on already, lol. Like a true addict, I'm doubling down on the game, if I just work smarter AND harder then I can get back some of that precious value that I lost. I don't completely regret it of course, I get to experience the lvl 85 content and have a lot more to do and work with. It's given me a lot of understanding, especially about how much there is still to learn and things I have yet to experience like the level grind or scavenging. Right now I am learning more about the guild and raid aspect of the game.

The game has a cool community too, lots of nerds with spreadsheets. I've been lurking in a number of different swgoh discords.

He our goon discord is very active and fun. We would be glad to have you

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

No don't

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

mdemone posted:

Lol I'm finishing first in things. It's awesome BUT ALSO I NEED THOSE AEROMAGNGIFIERS

Its impossible to get the mats to craft the other half sooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

This game is still bad btw