Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm getting somewhat tempted to try an accuracy mod on Rey instead of the speed mod, she gets dodged way too much these days, but I have no idea how useful they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
And now I clearly need to work on Dengar:

The guy cleared P1 and P2 of a T7 raid with that team...

(from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4u3ke4/clearing_phases_in_t7_with_dengar/)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jibo posted:

What kind of poo poo rear end teams are people putting together for the Potency mod challenge? I've got Vader beefed up and obv a nearly maxed RG and... snow trooper at like level 30 and 3 stars.

I think it's real dumb that First Order dudes don't also count as Empire dudes.

I 3*'d the first one with Vader/RG/Tarkin/Stormtrooper/Magmatrooper. All around level 60 or so. I ended up with Tarkin at 5* somehow, but as mal says, he is pretty bad. Everyone else is 5/6*, and mostly like G7 or maybe 8 on a couple guys. I think I could do T2 with this team all at level 75 or 80, but like everyone, I am out of credits to do that.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Ularg posted:

Is that listed when you click on his slam? Cause it sure ain't part of his devour.

Still a really dumb mechanic considering in this tier, with high gear, max level and modded out characters get brought to near death with a single slam anyway.

If you're still able to help out, can you explain why sometimes my attacks deal like 25% of their normal damage? I'll attack twice with one character, one attack will deal 2700 damage, the next deals 800.

Either your character has a debuff on it the 2nd time or the rancor had one the first time (or you just got a crit the first time). You should tap and hold on the icon on the left side, it shows you the gimmick on that phase

Edit: and yes, the cool down thing is listed in the hover for his slam

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Sekenr posted:

Which goon officer is ever online? Don't relly care which guild.

Also, it does matter a little which guild. IGD I think is full, or close to it, and you don't want to be in IGD if you don't have at least 1 7* guy, because you won't be able to raid at all.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

HK-47 and IG-88 are both cornerstones of a droid team.

And a droid team is useful for the Ewok event, which should come back at some point.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

So I've been farming Greedo and Lando, but they're still level 1. What level and star count is necessary to beat all the credit heist tiers if I only use these two characters? Because it's going to cost me over 12 million to get them level 80 and 7* if that's what it's going to take, and I'm wondering how long it'll take for that to pay itself off.

I'm tempted to just keep putting it off so I can farm more Jawas.

I am able to clear everything with 7*/75 Lando, 7*/62 Cad Bane, 5*/70 Chewie, 6*/60 Greedo, 5*/50 Boba. Greedo and Boba aren't really important other than as targets other than lando for people to shoot. You need to get Lando up decently high, including some gear. It sometimes takes me a couple of tries, though today I was able to clear all 4 in 4 attempts. Basically, you need lando to crit on each round so he resets his cooldown. I probably put something like 6 million credits into this team, and they have run the event something like 4 times so far, so still need a few more times to pay off the investment. I suspect I need even more levels to clear the scoundrel mod challenge too, which gives you another 100K in achievement bonuses.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
So apparently the changes to biggs and wedge that came out in the last patch don't actually work. Wedge's leader skill is just flat broken, and none of the synergy effects when you have both wedge and biggs on the same team actually work. I don't get how a company keeps doing this? Literally the least they could do would be try the things they claim to be putting out, and they don't even seem to do that.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Hey guys, you know all those credits you spent on Scoundrels? Well, don't worry, that was totally and completely worth it....

In other news, 88, STH, and G Guard will be Scoundrels, starting next week. Have fun!

They said something about Disney having to approve any changes to tags, which sounds like the sort of thing Disney would actually do, so it isn't entirely CG/EA's fault this time.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Only 10 more shards til Han Solo. Hopefully we should have enough for another raid tuesday...

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD just started a raid. This one should give me enough shards to unlock han solo...

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Yay, Han Solo. He seems neat, gets to shoot and stun someone every wave, should be good for pve. Kinda a pain to gear, if you are close to getting him stock up on those Mk 3 disc things

Edit: Also, on the level cap raise, if it happens without a large source of credits, I am out too.

two_step fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 6, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Having everyone send one random dude at the raid for the first 12 hours seems like a good solution to me, since folks can't seem to hold themselves to just one attempt.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Lando, Jawa, and Chirpa would be my recommendations for Cantina. I have Lando at 5*, so I will probably finish him before working on Jawa, but I'm doing that before Anakin because of the mod challenges (and new raid).

Definitely Scav from Cantina.

You need 5 Empire for Mod tier 3, so you'll need to do Tarkin, Magma, and/or Veers. Magma is probably better than the other two.

Definitely Nebit from Arena -- he seems legitimately good.

e: with the Empire nod above...obv you'll want Vader and RG. From there, you'll need to choose 3 of: Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, and Veers. Snowtrooper is REALLY good now with 4 other Empire, so that seems like a given to me. Stomtrooper and Magmatrooper seem better than Tarkin and Veers, but those two could get buffed at some point. I dunno. Worth thinking about though.

My only issue with snowtrooper is that he only has one hard node plus that cantina node, and guild shipments. There is so much competition for cantina energy and guild coins right now though. I ended up with a 5* Tarkin from some chromium pack or something (do not do this), so I decided to work on him, magma, vader, stormtrooper and RG. Was able to 3* the t1 challenge, and beat t2, but not 3* it yet. Probably need every to at least level 75 g7, I would guess.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Alchenar posted:

When does it become appropriate for me to ask for a Guild invite? I've been playing for a couple of weeks as it's a good commuting/lunch game and I'm just passing level 49. Is there any point me asking for an invite? Do I get any nice boosts for being in a goon guild or am I just an empty space until my deck is 'raid ready'?

Yeah, all we want is one 7* dude so you can get raid rewards. Even for last place on a T7 raid, you get 200K credits, a Han Solo shard, plus some loot. We generally run 2-3 raids a week in IGD. All we really need are people who will use hopefully 600 energy a day, which I think is your regular energy plus a couple of regular and/or cantina refreshes (which you should probably be doing anyway). There are also a bunch of achievements you get for joining a guild as well as for donating stuff to guildmates (plus you can request stuff, and most folks give away tons of gear parts)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD raid just about done, still missing a couple folks, please log on now to make sure you get in on the raid.

Rebel talk: Lando 80/G9, STH 80/G9, Han (5*) 80/G9, Akbar 60/G7, Leia 53/G6. Might switch out Akbar for Hoth Rebel Scout, who is 7*/60/G7, depends on who I want to have as leader. I do also have a 7* Biggs, but he is level 1 gear 1, and I was silly enough to waste some money on Wedge (but not enough money!), who is 5*/44/G6. I'm figuring it isn't worth leveling Biggs without Wedge at 7*, though he will be close to 6* at the end of the month I think.

I wish this event was Empire, because I was already working on them for potency mods. I also have a bunch of the Jawas with enough shards to 7* them but am so short on credits I can't see ever finishing them.

There is a pretty useful spreadsheet posted to reddit (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EKA-7dNcPhoK2Z2OkqlGFL68BmQzvmfGvr7e63ffqRA/edit?usp=sharing) and according to that, I need the following credits:

Rebels (all) $19,604,804
Rebels (leia/aa) $9,062,848
Empire $15,614,925
Jawas $31,637,437
Raid $6,339,688
Arena $11,981,738

We make, what, 3 mil a week or so? Maybe as high as 5 or 6 with the credit event? So I should be OK maybe for the upcoming Rebel thing, but unless it pays out big time, I am looking at another 3 weeks to finish Empire guys before I even start on Jawas, who would take over a month all on their own.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Emperor event stuff is up:

Character - https://swgoh.gg/characters/emperor-palpatine/
Event - https://swgoh.gg/db/events/emperors-demise/

Event is basically rebel version of yoda, you need 5 7* rebels, etc. Looks like 3 million credits from the event, plus 500K from the achievement.

I am now out of training droids and credits, hopefully the event lasts long enough that I can finish leveling up Leia and Akbar

Edit: Oh, also, bunch of stuff, including 45 cantina energy and cheaper cantina refreshes. Details at https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62693/community-update-8-17-2016#latest

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Was just able to beat T7 Emperor Palpatine. My team:

Ackbar - Level 65, G7, abilities all level 5/6
Lando - Level 80, G9, Omega Double down (AOE)
Leia - Level 74, G7, Abilities 6/7/4/6
ST Han - Level 80, G9, Abilities 7/7/5/Max
Hoth Rebel Scout - Level 67, G8, Abilities 5/6/3

The key was to put my Arena team's mods on. One tip if you do this, save some cantina energy and clear the Tenacity mod challenge afterwards, it was much easier (I also swapped in raid Han (L80/5*) for HRS, which made it even easier). 3 Starring it was no problem with all the mods and whatnot, and then you can put them all back. Kinda makes me want to make a full extra set of mods, but that is so much money wasted.

The MVP of the fight was probably lando + AA. Getting two AOE attacks real early made a huge difference, basically killing Vader plus the RGs. I also got a lucky stun of the emperor from HRS early on, which was super helpful.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

He unlocks at 5*...any chance you can get enough rebels to 5* in time?

Arena tokens: STH, AA, Leia
Cantina: Lando, Luke
Cantina Tokens: HRS
GW Tokens: Biggs

The 5* battle was also super easy compared to 6 or 7.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Palp is really good (for PVE at least). Just 3*'d the T3 potency challenge with:
Palp 7* 74 G9
Vader 5* 80 G9
RG 7* 80 G9
Magmatrooper 7* 71 G7
Tarkin 6* 73 G8

The enemy Palp got 1 turn between RG and Palp's stuns.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Skilleddk posted:

kinda liking my new team lol. Any suggestions on how to improve / replace?

That for Arena? Actually, it doesn't matter what it is for. Swap Rey in for Lumi and you are getting closer. Always run Rey.

Also, FYI, IGD is running another raid today. One run until tonight, but make sure you get in on it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Shame on you guild mates if you don't have him !

I know, I was kinda feeling like I am obligated to farm him up, but he is just so darn useless. I guess he could be useful for anti droid stuff though, right?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

Farming question: I'm working up Old Ben. Would it be better for me to farm the 8 energy node or the 12 energy node? The 8 node should give me more shards / energy, but the 12 node will give me more credit (regular and cantina) / energy. Which is more important?

Yeah, drop rate is the same for all nodes (about 1/3). In the long term, there are more guys you want to get via farming their nodes than guys in the cantina shop (The only really super useful shop person is QGJ, plus maybe Daka).

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Get your credits today. Supposedly tomorrow we will have a different credit event, which will have more tiers but overall be worth more credits.

Important note on that from the dev on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/50cuas/credit_heist_and_you_week_of_829/):

quote:

I've said this in another thread but it bears repeating in a move visible way. Here is what you will all see this week with the Heist:

Today, (30 August) the "Old" Heist is running. Absolutely feel free to participate. It is running for 15hr on your local time, starting at 7AM.
If all goes according to plan, we will push a content update today (30 Aug).
Starting tomorrow (31 Aug) at 11:00UTC the "new" Credit Heist will start, as will Droid Smuggling it's sister event. They will run for 24 hours, then, run again for another 24 hours. (48 hours in total.)

This means that is all goes according to plan (fingers crossed) you will all get three Heists this week.

It is very important to note that the replay schema between old and new is changing. In the "old" Heist, you can play each tier twice (4 total plays). However in the "new" one, plays are shared across all tiers. I can't stress this enough. Pay attention with the new Heist. The rewards went way, way up. So play the higher tiers if you can!

Also, please share this information with your friends and guild. There isn't an easy way to get the word out about the replay changes, and it's very important because if people start with the low level version they will use all their replays.

In the comments, he says that they changed the payout to a range, the level 70 one is 1.25 mil usually, and it sounds like you now get 2 total attempts, so that would be 2.5 mil. Apparently the level 80 one can pay out 10 mil per attempt, but I assume that is super rare and it probably pays out 1.5 or so usually.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
New credit heist is awesome:

Got 2.5 from the 2nd run too

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Karzon posted:

Don't let them know. It's a trap. They'll have to balance it out by adding an eighth star.

Don't think they could add an 8th star at this point, since the shard shop kinda forces you to sell extras

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jerkface posted:

!! I logged in and bought one yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread who should I furnace first between STH & Lando. They are both G8 right now and I want to make the biggest impact on trying to clear Tier 4 of the credit/droid event

Edit: Looking at the gear list I could probably get Lando to G10, I'm 20 syringes short of 100 to be able to get STH to G10 post furnace

Lando is much more useful for the event.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I like the alternating plan. I say go for it, but realize there are a lot of goofballs that don't read this thread in guild, so make sure to repeat it often in chat.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
My new arena team is really quite awesome: https://swgoh.gg/u/twostep/ (Wedge/Biggs/Emp/Lando/Sun Fac)

Currently holding on to #1 2 hours after my payout. I have the first 7* wedge I have seen on my shard, and I think people are too scared to attack or are losing to me. Kinda glad I whaled on Wedge some when he was first out (got him to 5*, then discovered he was bad, so I stopped buying Aurodium packs). My big dilemma is if I should swap out Lando for either STH or Anakin. My Anakin isn't quite done yet, but I feel like he might be better than Lando. I do kinda like only running one sort of tank in Sun Fac, because I can beat most teams in less than a minute, and I still don't have Wedge fully omega'd and need a gear level on Wedge and Biggs (If anyone else is working on these two, start saving up gear now. Wedge needs 3 different raid gear things at G9, and both of them need a ton of stupid cuffs, syringes, and other purple gear)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Reddit is reporting that EA is getting DDOSed, which might be why the servers are lovely

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Credit heist is back today, got 5 mil total from it

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

7.5m here, got 17m and I don't know what to do with it, heh. Probably smartest to save it for the new mods.

I dunno, I don't think saving is a great idea. They will always come out with new ways to make credits, better to spend them now on stuff that will let you be able to do that new stuff.

They posted the latest community update:

quote:

Hey Everyone,

What happened this week?

We had a server outage on 9/8/2016 that lasted for roughly 5 hours. We sent out the currencies that players would have been able to obtain in a day, as well as some other bonuses.

There is still an issue where the Guild Leaderboard has 5 Guilds at the top of the list with some very high scores that are not correct. This is a display issue that was caused by the outage on 9/8/2016. The game team is still working on a fix for this so that the correct Guilds are at the top.

What is happening next week?

The Assault Battles: Forest Moon event returns! Here are some additional details on the event:

Return to the Forest Moon starting September 15th. This event will run for 3 days, is balanced for 5 characters at level 78+, and requires either Empire or Droid characters.

Both tiers rebalanced to require mods. Similar to Military Might, you will need approximately 1-2 star mods for Tier 1. Tier 2 requires approximately 4-5 star mods, gear level 10, and level 80 units with maxed out abilities. Tier 2 is now called the “Bonus Tier” (was “Tier II (Very Hard)”). This tier is intended as a challenge for users who have a maxed out squad and desire a truly difficult experience. Earning the Achievement still only requires completion of Tier 1.

Bonus Tier has had the following mechanical improvements for added difficulty:

The Ewok Elder in the Final Boss wave of the Bonus tier will now resurrect all dead Ewoks when he is killed. You have been warned!

Chief Chirpa has much higher tenacity in wave 8.

In both tiers, deadly Ewoks now have a non-dispellable buff called “Deadly” to help increase mechanic clarity. Free replays changed to match Military Might. Rewards for first time completion adjusted upwards.

Replay rewards adjusted upwards.

Slightly lowered speed of Ewok Scouts & Warriors in Tier 1 (~5-8%) across the board. (They’re still pretty fast though.)

Omega Battles are back!

Omega Battles will run this coming Wednesday (September 14th) and Thursday (September 15th).

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hopefully my Empire squad can clean up. I wonder which Omega battles are coming too?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

That's good to know. I was under the impression that this was the case. I've yet to see any mods other than the Health or Defense with more than 10 secondary speed on them. I guess it's just rare and few people have farmed a ton of other mods -- which makes it fairly exclusive to players who jumped on that like 2 day modstravaganza.

e2: I found someone with a 13 speed crit chance mod...so...there's that

I just got this mod 2 days ago (started out as a gold mod):

Now I just need like 5 more of them. I am up to 532 mods acquired...

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I was just able to 3* the T3 Crit damage mod challenge with the following Jawa team:
Nebit (leader) - 80/G7/7*
JE - 80/G8/6*
Jawa Scavenger - 80/G7/7*
Dathcha - 80/G7/7*
Jawa - 70/G7/6*

All of them had random crappy mods at level 9 or so. I beat it my first attempt, so I probably could have had a slightly worse team and been able to 3* it.

Now to farm up a pile of crit damage mods. Not sure who I am going to put them on, certainly Lando, and Biggs, not sure about Wedge though. Also not sure what other sets I want on Biggs/Lando, maybe crit chance? I will probably be slow to mod them up because I rely on tons of speed secondaries for Biggs to go first in my Arena team (currently Lando/Wedge/Biggs/Palp/Sun Fac)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm kinda tempted to start running this team for the raid: (bad music warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvPZomKApTU

Need to get some potency mods on Rex, and not sure how 5's is modded, plus need to finish wiggs' crit damage sets.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Whales, tell me about admonidium packs or whatever. How many packs have it taken you to get the main character of it to 7 stars? Have you gotten a premium character up from the 4 point shipments on it?

I'm really regretting never getting sun fac. His kit is so stupid op...

The general rule of thumb is about $200 worth to max out the main dude in an aruodium packs.

I probably spent half that on wedge when he came out and got him to 5*, then decided he was poo poo (which he was at the the time) and stopped. I did get a bunch of sun fac shards too, and finished sf off from shipments later on, he is definitely OP

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Just discovered this last night, and I'm enjoying having an alternative to Pokemon Go for when I'm stuck killing time with my phone but can't walk around like a weirdo at the airport or whatever. Got enough Dark Siders to unlock those battles, working my way through the...story modes? to unlock the Hard Mode poo poo and get drops. Went to the arena a few times, I don't think I can do much else yet.

I've read there was(/is?) some sort of issue with Plo Koon, like his proc chances were bugged or something. Is this still the case? I love him and I'm going to try to grind for him regardless, just to have him on my roster, but I'd like to have realistic expectations about what I'm grinding for.

The OP has a pretty good guide for what you should be working on. Plo Koon is terrible, bugged or not, and you should probably not waste time farming him. If you do farm him, you will find that he is not useful for just about anything, but if he is your one true love, go for it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

WerrWaaa posted:

I also want more character advice! Time for my next cantina shipment toon: What's more important, Scout for Rebel events or Poe for Speed Mods? Biggs for Rebel events or Pilot for Speed Mods? You can clearly see the two things that I want the most here. What other mods should I be farming toward, and who are my best bet to farm? Should I be angling for stage three clear or is the fist stage with three characters enough?

Edit: keep in mind all of my resources now are going into scoundrels because none of those teams will matter if I can't beat the heists to level them.

Biggs. Right now, Wedge + Biggs is incredibly OP, that is what I am running right now. I often don't drop at all from rank 2 or 3 overnight.

As long as you already have Lando, not spending all the cantina energy you have on Wedge in node 6F is crazy.

Mal, maybe time to rewrite the OP guide? Basically, if youa re new your #1 priority should be scoundrels, especially Lando and then Stormtrooper Han. With the two of them leveled and geared up, you can clear the top level of the credit heist, and get somewhere around 5 million credits or so every week. This is key to getting all your other teams up and running.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I suspect their new work is probably the new raid + stuff for the new movie. I wonder if they really have abandoned ships though, would be neat if they expanded the game to have a squad of ships to fight with too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Called it...

It depends on what the rewards are for the PVP thing. Hopefully they are something actually good, and worth the time we might spend on it. I like the PvP content in this game, so I am looking forward to it