Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

1) 36,364

2) 36,579

3) Post GW buff, I often found myself unable to finish the last node; even though I had never failed GW before. Node 11 would be tough, but node 12 was always worse. Higher level, better gear, and chromium characters. It didn't seem fair at all.

Then came mods, which exacerbated the problem. Not only were people hitting harder, but I was still struggling to mod out my A team. The crunch was incredible. I didn't have the credits or energy to mod out my B team, and throwing a B team without mods against node 11 or 12 is like throwing out level 1s, so I was effectively down to 1 team for GW. I remember the FIRST day mods came out; the last node already had a whale with a fully modded team. I came pretty close to quitting the game over this.

2 days ago I got RG to 7*. This is what pushed my arena power above 36k power, and now I have a bugged node 12 for all my GW runs. 3*, green geared, low level Clone Troopers. Life has been good ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Gotcha. We have excessive damage on T7s now...let us know if you guys change your mind. We could probably drop two of our heaviest hitters and still not have any problems....

We picked up new members to fill the gaps, but unfortunately they're not ready for T7. I think it'll be a while before we're back at full pre-mod strength. Also, I don't imagine anyone from IGD would be interested in placing #1-3 in QGJ since there are no Han Solo shards here. There's no incentive, and I don't blame them.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

Ally invite sent.

Got you. Drop and you're in.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I just run all 5 pip HP sets on my characters. It probably isn't perfect, but I can still place #1 in arena with it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Should I start farming my Jawa team now so they're ready when the new raid comes out? Or keep doing the Rancor characters? Or I should I farm up a Scoundrel team? I feel like if I keep working on my Rancor team the new raid will drop right as I finish it and I'll be behind again. If I start on the Jawas now I might have them ready in time. But I also don't have any scoundrels. I was thinking about using Lando, Greedo, and Boba Fett (rework soon for him, no?).

3 mutually exclusive choices. Not sure what to focus on first.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

uh zip zoom posted:

If the GGA is being disbanded, will there be room in the other guilds for migrants and refugees? I forget how all of this works

QGJ still has a couple slots left with the possibility of a few more if we remove some inactives.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I've been farming Greedo and Lando, but they're still level 1. What level and star count is necessary to beat all the credit heist tiers if I only use these two characters? Because it's going to cost me over 12 million to get them level 80 and 7* if that's what it's going to take, and I'm wondering how long it'll take for that to pay itself off.

I'm tempted to just keep putting it off so I can farm more Jawas.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Also, that podcast was maybe worse than their devs. I haven't decided yet.

I assume they didn't tear Jesse apart for that stupid comment about mods and agreed with him instead?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Replace Sidious with QGJ.

Coast to victory.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

We're losing people in IGD, and are down to a T7 about every three days. If you're interested in giving T7 raids a try, lemme know. We run it at 9 AM Pacific when we have the coins, and it usually runs until about 5 PM

Sure, I'll bite. 912-827-926

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

So I've 7 starred Lumi & Phasma, what should I get next from the GW tokens? Is Biggs any good after the changes?

https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

The next raid will be against droids, so Jawas are looking good. Work on those next.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So who are the characters that have high strength?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

nerd stuff

Nice work. I was hoping something like this existed.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I refuse to be tricked into putting off my Jawa team for some event I am not at all prepared for. Even if I give rebels 100% of my attention, I doubt they will have the necessary stars, levels, gear, or even ability mats to compete the event.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

I love this event. Unless I can't get him in which case gently caress this event.

I can't get him. gently caress this event.

:saddowns:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Palp is really good (for PVE at least)

Those are the only teams I cannot beat.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

oops wrong forum posted:

What officer was that?

I don't remember who it was but he said something like, "The raid has been going for 16 hours, it's not that hard to log in once." I wouldn't read too much into it because I doubt he meant it to be aggressive.

Edit: Seriously though, I don't know why people don't donate more. I know sometimes there's multiple people asking for the same high tier item, but that's not always the case. I saw a whale who quit with barely anything contributed. That really baffled me.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 25, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

I also need furnaces to be back in the shop.

You're in luck, I saw one in the shop earlier today.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

Lando is much more useful for the event.

I agree. He's pretty much all your damage. Do him first.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

While I am sure I am not seeing most powerful versions of him I just swap luke in lead and never have a very tough time. Am I missing something or is this really just a arena sort of issue where people hate to change their team?

I used to always get rank 1, beating out everyone else in my timezone. Now 3 whales on my server (I'm lucky, I know) run Palp and sit in the top 3 all day because nothing can challenge them. When you're at the top of the ladder, it's not enough to throw in a Luke lead to beat one specific team because everyone else will instantly target your inferior makeup. Even if you're able to hold that new spot long enough to switch your team makeup back, the Palp you just beat will knock you back down with ease.

Palp is loving nuts and that's all there is to it. Park him behind double tanks with a Lando and JKA at his side and you're hosed. His shock debuff is the biggest bullshit since Sun Fac and completely trivializes any tanks your team has. Without tanks to worry about, a Palp team can just go to town on whoever they want without having to plan out cooldown based taunt removal. It's incredibly frustrating.

Jerkface posted:

I wouldnt mind annoying team comps in arena if you could just climb during the day and get paid out based on how high you climbed. Rather than this 'snipe back and forth' bullshit. Eating a loss hurts more when youve lost progress + attempts.

This would be an amazing change. I wish they would do something like this.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Droid smuggling is back. Believe it or not with all the money the new credit heist has made me, I've just about run out of training droids.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

My mod drop rate is at 15% right now, less if you remove non 5* mods that dropped in the 5* challenge. Also its been 75% grey top left rectangles. So I rarely get rewarded for spending energy, and when I do get a drop its the most abundant mod at the lowest rarity.

Sounds exactly like my experience with farming mods. It's a pretty cool system they have going there.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

I mean they even made a joke about having to disable palpys special since the 10x damage multiplier he has meant it left everyone with 1 hp after his first turn.

Wait, I missed that. Do you have a link?

e: Credit heist is up!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Money, droids, gear in shard shop, an event I can actually complete (even the hard version!) I'm finally having a lot of fun with this game. It's weird to be excited to log in as opposed to feeling obligated to do chores because it's Star Wars.

:unsmith:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

Asked in guild if people had donation parts for tab(she needs them to get rg the next gear level for ewok). :stare: holy crap I think that was the fastest gear request ever.

I checked 15 minutes after you typed the request and it was already gone.

:smith:

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

xyigx posted:

Edit my nebit is not high enough that I have checked out his leader ability compared to 88 and hk so they might even be better with his lead.

It's 30% crit chance for droids and jawas with crit chance down for 3 turns upon landing a crit on a target.

Have you tried running 47 (L), 88, 86, Jawa Engineer, B2? If that team is maxed I simply can't beat them. They ability block my STHan (and everyone else), remove all buffs with B2, and instantly kill my Rey or QGJ. It's a complete nightmare and also pretty awesome.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Credit heist is back up! If you're still building a team make sure your focus is on STHan and Lando. If you're looking for a 3rd I highly recommend IG-88.

xyigx posted:

Well looks like b2 is my next stop then.

B2 is even used outside of droid teams. He seems very versatile. Much like JKA, he doesn't taunt but cannot be ignored. I often see them paired together with Palpatine and Lando. With so many high priority targets it's difficult to assess an optimal kill order because everyone is going to give you problems.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
e: ^ beat me to it

The new login reward guy has AoE that also taunts, right?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I would actually prefer more things to do with the characters we already have instead of a whole new grind. Mods were bad enough :(

I agree and could honestly care less about ships. Cool in theory, but I imagine their implementation would be awful.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I imagine B2 is way better than HK unless you are using his leader ability.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Cool, a PvP tournament. Somewhere else Palp can have an unfair advantage over those who didn't do the event.

So it turns out you have to complete tier 1 of the health mod challenge AND defense mod challenge to make 4 pip mods appear in shipments. If you complete tier 2 then 5 pips can appear. And completing tier 3 will increase the chance of 5 pips appearing. This information was taken from the in-game mail they sent me.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Jerkface posted:

What? I thought you had to complete tier 1 of all the challenges. Are you sure its only those 2? If so I will try to do that

I don't really know how to post pretty pictures but here are snapshots of the 2 mails they sent me:

http://i.imgur.com/hIPGMZ5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZrVkaY.jpg

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Character restrictions were something I hadn't considered, but I love the idea. I'd also be happy with the rewards being as simple as cuffs and syringes.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Thanks for the info, I think I finally understand this stupid lovely system. God I hate mods.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
We didn't adopt Catte Butte's awful idea of FFA so he has reverted to giving everyone else the middle finger and doing as he pleases. I guess officers have carte blanche.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I apologize, Mal. You're the last person I want to upset and I think you're doing a fine job. I'm just disappointed a goon would act this way because everyone else is outstanding.

two_step posted:

Maybe Catte Butte should switch to QGJ, where he could run as many attempts as he wants?

That seems fair considering they need the help. He can go be top dog over there rather than ruin our crowded gentleman's game.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

I'm thinking about getting the team the rank 3 guy in this screenshot has

Holy mother those crystals! No wonder whales are swimming in +100 speed mods.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Is there a way to make the game stop spamming this giant ad for an event I can't participate in every time I view the main game screen, or do I just have to wait it out?

It's happening to me as well and it's awful.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Okay, the change they made to power levels is amazing. My arena team is now 44,777 power, and as a result my last 2 GWs had not just node 12 bugged, but 11 as well. They take about 5 seconds each.

:unsmith:

e: I didn't snap a screenshot because Lando ended it so fast, but I'm pretty darn sure node 12 somehow had a TIE Fighter Pilot on the enemy team. The only way to get him is as a login bonus, so it shouldn't be possible. I'm crazy, right?

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Now that you mention it, I noticed last IGD raid that someone popped up out of nowhere with 1.5ish million damage and suddenly phase 2 was over when there was still a lot left. Man, raids in this game suck.