Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

I picked up this game a few months ago and I've been pretty hooked on it. The more I learn about the game, the more I realize all the mistakes I've been making. I had been playing for 2-3 months and had just 7 starred some of my Phoenix team while spending here and there. I was around level 50 when I decided to buy the HDB since I figured I was going to commit to playing more seriously. I had been worried that it would be too much and/or that I might lose interest afterwards. Well now I feel kinda stupid anyway with all the shards, exp, and gear progression I wasted. I've been diving deeper into the game since then, the HDB is definitely a lot. I've downloaded Bluestacks and created a few alts since then. I want to do a few hoard accounts, some long-term, some short term, mostly f2p but 1 that I want to buy HDB. I'm not averse to spending 10 bux, I just get off to a perception of value, and being efficient. There are a lot of various and interesting progression paths to take in this game that I want to check out myself to know more about them.

There is a lot to learn and I plan to continue being clumsy on my main, learning as I go. I have realized how I've been misallocating my resources - which again was made worse by the HDB wasting the progress that I worked hard/spent money on already, lol. Like a true addict, I'm doubling down on the game, if I just work smarter AND harder then I can get back some of that precious value that I lost. I don't completely regret it of course, I get to experience the lvl 85 content and have a lot more to do and work with. It's given me a lot of understanding, especially about how much there is still to learn and things I have yet to experience like the level grind or scavenging. Right now I am learning more about the guild and raid aspect of the game.

The game has a cool community too, lots of nerds with spreadsheets. I've been lurking in a number of different swgoh discords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

That Awful Nick posted:

I also happen to run a 40-player, 100M+ guild of non-goons so if you're ever wanting to play this game but can't get into the goonie guilds just yet, but still want to get in somewhere where you can start to collect some Traya, Han, and Kenobi shards, lemme know.

Would you like to run the side-guild, too? :)

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

fishtobaskets posted:

why r we still ppsting in here lmao we need a frozen ppst that just says check the discord u gently caress. u im ecile. u open assman

we post in order to lure fresh victims into the discord, where we will then subject them to memes they cant yet comprehend

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

The Hyperdrive Bundle will be 50% off starting May 4th along with some other goodies. They brought back all the Inquisitor marquee events for a week if you missed any of your free shards. Good time to return or start fresh, a lot has changed in the last year. The discord is active.

I'm going to buy the HDB on an alt and try to do a really focused, efficient roster. Might post some updates along the way to keep the thread alive.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

We have had some new players join recently that have a lot of similar questions, so I have been working here and there on a new-player starting guide of sorts. I have a few things written up but figured I would consolidate some of it into infographs. Here are some semi-finished ones I figured I would post. I'll do another post or update with more, I'm open to feedback if there is something I should add or am mistaken about, or if you want to question my MS paint skills. Hope someone finds these useful and I didn't completely waste my time!

CLS Bare Bones

The Misadventures of Kyle O'Ren

SEE, Clearly

Rey Rey and the funky bunch

Brass fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 2, 2022