Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
In the challenges, on the final battle, do you shoot the support droids first, or the Boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

My Arena and GW team is : Chewie, IG-86, RG, JC, and Talia.

I'm building up QGJ and almost unlocked HK-47 because I'll eventually build a droid team.

Before I came to the thread, I had no idea how to grow these guys and just built them sort of at random.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

My secret shame character is ig100 as well. I think I'm going to stop leveling him. I wanted a droid team, and only yesterday realized how much worse he is than Royal Guard as a tank.

Also, dies it matter which slot you put the keader in?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Why does Chewie start to suck? Is it the low DPS? I'm only level 54 and I've replaced him with RG on Arena and GW teams.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I thought about getting the droid bundle, but I already have HK-47 (I got him by mistake instead of Sidious) and IG-86, both at four stars. I've almost unlocked IG-88. If I buy that bundle and already have two of the three characters, how many shards do I get? I tried google, but the brown sea has conflicting info.

I found this on Reddit:

If you already have the character a bundle unlock give you:

1*: 7 shards
2*: 15 shards
3*: 25 shards
4*: 32 shards

Doesn't look like it's worth it even though I like droids. Beep boop. :roboluv:

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 25, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Apparently gw fills out teams based on your best 5s power level, so if youre building up 20 different heroes its gonna be easier because you wont outpace your backup teams and your power level wont be at its theoretical best based on your level.

If you have 5 rly good heroes and a bunch of neglected stuff gw sucks rear end. You have to stop levelling your best 5 for a bit and let your team catch up.

This is good advice; thank you. Though Galactic Chore has gotten far easier with Luminara, even at 3 stars and I boosted her to 4 stars this morning.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Not lumi and qgj. I finally put together a galactic chore team that can consistently get to the end. :smith:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I'm liking my HK/86/88/Pogsworth/RG arena team right now. They punch above their weight. Just need to get RG and Pogsworth to Lvl 7 gear and I'll hopefully consistently be above 1000 ranking so I can get 400 shekels a day.

For the Galactic Chore, can someone point out who to replace in this team: Lumi/QGJ/JC/86/RG? Was thinking about replacing 86 w/ some Jedi, but don't know if that makes sense.

fake edit: I'm level 62 if that makes a difference.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 8, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I don't know which guild is considering 7* raids, but I'm in Goongan and have 5* and 4* characters. Looking forward to getting a 7* character.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Yeah I love that little freak. My only issue is that him and Poggle get the droids so juiced up that the other team usually dies before the detonators get a chance to go off. It's a bit weird to make them trigger after 1 turn, especially on slow guys like chewie. I'd like to change them to trigger on the coming turn but maybe that's OP.

Are you running HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle, Engineer for your Arena team?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Guess I'll have to get Andy OS as well.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Jibo posted:

Kinda hard to appreciate the nice thing without any energy for it.

:rimshot: Haha.

I've been watching Clone Wars for the first time for the past couple of weeks. It's actually not bad. The guy who voice acts Anakin does a better job than Christiansen ever did in the prequels. Now I know who some of the people in this game are. :toot:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Malgrin posted:

As long as they give him red lightsabers, I'll be happy.

That would be awesome. I like when franchises don't take themselves too seriously. That never would have happened with Lucas at the helm ("there was no father :350:), but maybe someone at Disney has a sense of humor.

I'm watching Clone Wars while playing Elite on my other monitor, so I usually just watch JJB episodes. The one where he annoys the Trade Federation types at the state dinner wasn't bad. JJB is still pretty painful though.

Jibo posted:

... the themes are surprisingly mature ...

Yeah, I noticed that too. The scene where Ventress force chokes some clone trooper, whom you see struggling to breathe, toys with the guy and then force pulls him on to her lightsaber while giving him a kiss as he's dying made me think, "we're well out of PG territory here."

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Nowhere near being able to get mods. I just got my first 6* character. There should be a :f2p: smiley.

:homebrew:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I just downloaded whatever patch allows me to use mods this morning, and I'm auto running the mod levels. I've run out of guild allies and been relegated to using random pubbies. I love how some of these clowns have Lvl 70, Gear 1, IG-100 as their top character.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Malgrin posted:

And here's EA_Jesse, doing his best to calm everyone down.

Did I say calm everyone down? I meant he just lit a match.

Hahahahah, found this in response to the TI post:

Best goddamn forum post.

It is. I just put lvl 1 and lvl 2 mods on my droid team and holy poo poo. No more glass cannons. I rocketed from ~1000 to ~600 in the arena.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

If GGA is migrating, I'll take an invite. I'm lvl 73 and close to unlocking my first 7* character (IG-86) .

My in game name is Moral Hazard and my ally code is 297-786-683. Do I have to drop GGA for the invite code to work?

I play pretty much every day.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

1) 21,720 / Rank 613 / HK(L),86,88,Poggle,Engi
2) Same as above, though I normally run the following 20,363 power team: Lumi(L),QGJ,Rey,Phasma,RG because heals.
3) About a 5. I auto play it until about the mid point and then have to pay attention. I sometimes get bogged down on the last or second to last fight depending and I bring out the droid team for those. I've missed out on finishing GW once in the past couple of months.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

QGJ has gone from 26 active people to 32. That's an improvement, but we could still use more.

Add 912-827-926 if you want an invite.

Ally invite sent.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Got you. Drop and you're in.

Dropped; thank you.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I've gotten close to a handful of five pip mods in the mod challenge this weekend to buff up Rey and my droid Arena team.

The one thing in this game that annoys me the most is the credit cost to get from ~lvl 65 to lvl 80. The credits to promote are high, but not silly, in my opinion, because promoting give characters a lot more power than leveling.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

iGestalt posted:

I hope it's Jar Jar. And he's broken as hell.

I hope Jar Jar is in with anemic damage and useless specials (randomly give a buff or debuff to a character on either team) but like 1 out of 100 times he just one-shots the whole other team and wins the match. :downsgun:

Like others, I think I play this because Star Wars, but it's easier for me to get into a phone game about SW than some random whatever. But I've been satisfied with some little crystal purchases here and there. I agree, they don't have a lot of value. My view is that a f2p phone game should be manageable free, and kick rear end with a $30-$40 investment. Super-whales in this game who put down a car payment's worth every month seem a bit excessive.

That said, when I visit my dad in the hospital, and he's in and out of consciousness, this game can hold my attention for a couple of hours, but I can easily jump up if I need to.

Also, I'm continuing to watch Clone Wars while playing E:D on the other monitor and the episodes about the rear end in a top hat Jedi general who gives horrible orders brought back memories from deployment. They did a good job with those episodes.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Haha yes I just swapped out Poggle for Chief Nebit Jawa Legend and it's beautiful. Seriously my droid team looks much better without grandpa flying lizard rat and his stick of doom.

Nebit's gangbang move is hilarious, especially when the IG brothers tagteam in.

Hey, thanks for this suggestion. My team is a droid team; HK(L), 88, 86, Poggle, and Engineer. Would love to switch out Poggle as he's pretty useless.

Also, I'm a nerd, but not nearly nerdy enough for the SW Lore job. Besides, I always felt that SW generally threw out it's lore when it felt like it. Luke has trouble moving a x-wing 5 feet off the ground with the force, and some video game will have some jedi easily pulling a star destroyer out of orbit.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 5, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I finally slotted in Nebit in my droid team of HK(L),86,88,Engi,Nebit. Nebit's 4*, G8, Lvl 68 and he's pulling his weight already. That protection. :aaaaa:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

At least they're still giving out omega tokens to us plebs who just made level 80.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

tadashi posted:

This is a reminder that QGJ doesn't do damage other than a single suicide character in the first 24 hours of the Rancor raid. This is to make sure everyone gets at least a participatory reward.

Is this why I got kicked from QGJ? My droid team did ~300k in damage. Or was it an accident? I confess I haven't been following the thread much lately; work has been insane.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

I'm relatively new but I've seen them call you out a few Rancors in a row in guild chat, by name, for doing the same thing after every rancor comes with an announcement that nobody is to damage it the first 24 hours.

They said you can re-apply and it was mostly to get your attention because you had apparently been ignoring guild chat and the thread for weeks now.

How do you get it to where guild chat doesn't pop up? I find it annoying that messages stay up until I read them but you have to have seen "MORALE HAZARD" callouts the instant you do damage the past couple times.

Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I didn't see the callouts. Sorry about that.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Wow. Some of those are easily obtainable now! That rules.

I'm not going to complain; though I did grind my 7* K-2SO out of the shard shop. I've been hoarding Arena currency too, so grinding Cassian shouldn't be a big deal.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I'm glad that I have enoug 7* g8+ characters to make it through GW most days. Rebels take me two thirds of the way and then droids plus my lumi led misfit team usually is sufficient to get all the nodes.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

mdemone posted:

Medium finish in the first one, I did better in the second one, but I've been banging on 9B for a long time now.

Edit: I think I bought a couple 4-shards in Shipments when I had the crystals for it, actually. But mostly natural.

How do you get past all those AOE attacks? I have a G9 to G11 rebel team and just get demolished by the constant AOE attacks on that shard.

Also, I'd pay :20bux: for a 7* Gear 8 character, but even though I'm tempted by Shore, it's a bit insulting for them to charge so much for a 4* character.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 5, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Dr. Venture posted:

Someone linked this video in Discord. It's a GW battle but still pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql8AhUGD4BM

Just. Wow.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Apart from the gambling whale meta, my only real complaint about this game is how cantina energy is used for both shards and mods. I'm always chasing after the next character, so very little of my energy is put into mods.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Got my first Zeta mat this morning. It was a long slog to get DS ships, then get 8 ships to 5*, but now I'll be able to slog to ztoons and zheroes so I don't fall further behind in arena rankings.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

tadashi posted:

I was thinking I would just delay ships and buy the zetas and that was a terrible plan.

How does one even do that? The 2000 ship currency for one zeta mat in the ship store? Or is there another way?

For the record, I blew off ship for a few months after they launched. I generally didn't want to be bothered with yet another thing to think about in a toilet bowl game.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Numismancer posted:

Well uh, goons made me the leader of QGJ now, so here's a tilde: ~

I sense a great disturbance in the force, like some pubbie is going to be scammed out of a Gear XI whale team.

Also, getting almost all my rebels to gear X has halted my arena slide. After I'm done with TFP and Kylo I think I'm going to focus my cantina energy on getting better mods for my characters many of whom have random trash mods.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I think after I finish 7*'ing Kylo and TFP, I'm going to focus on improving my mods for my top 3 teams.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

They could be fun if you could have different styles of play from different characters. I know this is kinda what they intended, but it's all come down to speed >>>>>>> everything else.

:agreed:

I watched that video on speed and searched through all my characters for speed mods. A lot of characters that I no longer use like Talia and Chewie had some decent speed mods, like the five pip speed arrow on clone wars chewie. I removed them, and put my best mods on my top two teams, rebels and droid. Slapping speed all over my rebel team helped me get back to ~100 in the Arena.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Tom Smykowski posted:

Gear lvl8 to 9 is the worst and I hate it

:agreed:

It's such a slog.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Can we take a look at how QGJ does Rancor? The 24 hold is a good idea, but the problem I've been having is checking in and seeing an hour or two left on the hold, then getting lost in family or work stuff, checking back a few hours later and seeing the Rancor dead.

Can we maybe lower the hold to 22 or 23 hours? Or maybe have a 12 hour hold and then for the next 12 hours nobody should do more than 500k in damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Set a raid time alarm on your phone, dude.

Can't always stop what I'm doing for SWGOH; but I'll give it a try.

edit: Case in point, the 2nd node took 25 minutes to complete today. It's not that big a deal, just frustrating when I miss getting any real damage on Rancor. I was able to get in some good damage today. If nobody else is having this problem then I'll just shut up.

Also, kudos to the goon who posted "buy shoretrooper." I'm finding a Tarkin (L), Palps, TFP, Shore, and Vader or RG (not sure which) works pretty good. I really like Tarkin's speed buffs.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 25, 2017