Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dr. Venture posted:

Like, a Jeopardy mobile game? Because I watch the show all the time while playing Star Wars.

A Jeopardy mobile game would be fun.

edit: Did they boost Zeta rewards either permanently or for this event. Having only unlocked them two weeks ago, out of two refreshes on the day you could potentially get one I'd either get 1 zeta or 0 zetas? Today, I got two for each refresh for a total of four. :woop:

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

drat; still I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

For the Galactic Chore, I'm starting to get the Chaze / GK / zMaul monstrosity teams in Nodes 11 and 12 relatively regularly now and even once in awhile at Node 9. I'm only at 44k, so I don't think I'll be breaking Node 12 soon. :smith:

vvvvvv Thanks for the advice on that.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 5, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

Forget the Sith Lord Jar Jar theory, in the new canon, after the rise of the empire, Jar Jar, as a high ranking aristocrat with a meritorious military background, is offered the opportunity to attend an Imperial Military Academy.

Somehow, defying all odds, he excels. This was the structure and discipline he was missing all his life! Under the rigid order of the Imperial Army, he flourishes, even as he discovers previously unknown to him depths of cruelty. Little does he know, the Emperor's right hand has been watching his rise with great interest...

That would be hilarious and a lot of fun. Too bad Disney won't do it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

So, I've gotten enough Zeta mats to Zeta my first character and I'm not sure who I should do it to. At present, my strongest teams are:

HK(L),88,86,Nebit,Engi (G9-11)- No Zetas there AFAIK.
Wiggs(L),STH,LC,Either Akbar or Leia (G10) - None there, either

I'm thinking to do it on a Maul team:

Maul(L),Kylo, Savage, Palps, Vader (G8-G9) Vader is 6* and Savage is G7, but that will be rectified shortly. I'm leading towards Zetaing Maul since it's got strong team synergies and is the current meta.

Any thoughts?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Do you have R2? He works great with Rebels.

I do, he's only 6*, but G9.

Malgrin posted:

Zaul just isn't what it used to be, Rex, R2, GK, and Chaze have really driven a wedge into the Zaul teams. He's still second in leader quantities, and if you double down on the Zaul meta, you'll do well for a bit, but I don't think that comp will hold out much longer. My shard only has a couple die-hard zaul teams left, and only because they're running 4+ zetas.
If you feel like you need to zeta something to catch up/get ahead, Kylo is your best zeta. You can just toss him in with Wiggs, STH, LC, and he'll win you matches. I've seen him win 4v1 against a meta squad (good rng, but still). On a few occasions, I've lost Nil early against a Zylo squad, and then had Zylo wipe the floor with my other 4 dudes.

I've been trying this with non-Zeta Kylo. It turns out if I want to Zeta him, I have to get a few more Omega mats.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Just build your R2 up, then. 6* is irrelevant for Arena, it's gear, mods, and zetas matter far more.

Dude on my shard finishes top 20 daily with a 5 star chirrut, 4 star baze, and a 4 star nihilus. R2 is the only zeta currently for rebels, so just go with that once you've got him to GX/XI

Which Zeta for R2 do you recommend first?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I just unlocked Thrawn with a 5*, g6, 1 and 2 pip mod Phoenix team [Hera(L), Kanan, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper.] I just made sure that there was protection values on the mods so all the different protection up abilities could be used. I was kind of expecting the big gently caress you on the 5* challenge, but thankfully CG didn't do that. Yay Thrawn, I suppose.

VVV In retrospect, they're not but I thought that CG would make that node more difficult. Also, I have lots of cheapy bin mods lying around.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 20, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Biggs, TIE Adv, Imp TIE, FO TIE, and JC.

Ahsoka as first reinforcement, followed by Wedge and finally GS.

If you ever get slave 1 decently starred, replace JC with that.
IF you ever get Scimitar, make it your first reinforce and pop retribution On the Imp TIE fighter.

Goal:
Starting: TIE Adv, FO TIE, Imp TIE, Biggs, Slave 1

reinforce: Scim, Ahsoka, JC/GS

Always save 400-800 shards for the noon shop refresh in case a scim/slave 1 pops up.

Thanks for this. Which capital ship do you recommend? I have all 3 cap heroes at 85, 7*, and at least g8.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Does anyone know why the non-Heroic HAAT so rarely drops gear I need? I have the usual stock of Goon Hivemind Approved (TM) characters and it's rare when the tank dies, that I get any piece of gear that as the little green "I can use it" dot.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Are most of your dudes g8/g9? AAT gear is basically for G10+, so at least you'll be saving stuff up for then?

Maybe that's it, but it's a head scratcher that the non-heroic HAAT would so rarely drop G8 or G9 gear.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Is it me, or has the changes to power made Galactic Chore more difficult? I used to be able to complete the last node relatively often. I'd have to sacrifice my G11/G10 Rebels team and then finish them off with another two or three second string G9/G8 teams. Now, it seems like every last node is some unbeatable horror meta.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

As much as Chaze may not be top 10 meta, I think Chaze will get me to consistently break into the top 100 on my shard. My Wiggs/ 6* R2 / ZKylo / STH has me hovering around the 100 mark. zKylo really needs a speed arrow to shine, I think, but almost two weeks in of devoting my cantina energy to mods and I haven't gotten a one.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Looks like Luke is the login character this month. All the smart people who haven't seven starred him better get to work if they want Commander Luke.

I hate having to waste time and crystals gearing up a lovely character to get a good one. At least whiny, poorly dressed Luke, is heading to 5 stars.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I think my two SWGOH goals is to get consistently in the top 50 in Arena for the extra crystals and be able to finish Galactic Chore if I want to, no problem, i.e. having enough high level teams that it doesn't matter what the 12th node P2W horror show team is, I can eventually beat it. Also, I'll be stoked when QGJ starts doing heroic haats.

This is a hard core P2W game and the business model isn't to my taste, so I don't pay to win. That said, it scratches the star wars itch.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I now have every Arena store character at seven stars except for: Ventress, Ugnaught, the Coruscant Cop, Edith Koth, and Newt Reagan Nute Gunray. After ventress, are any of these worth getting?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

TM frontloaded St Han, folks.

The anti-baze. Get it done.

Saint Han, patron of Turn Meter.

Also, sweet baby Odin, I don't whale in this game because of the principle of it, but whaling to 7* farm boy and AARP Ben is tempting.

Also, I loathe the ridiculous Node 12 teams.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 10, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Canemacar posted:

I ended up caving and bought an old ben pack too because I didn't trust the RNG to get the 80 shards I needed. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it, but I doubt I'll spend money on the game again. This event was a cash grab from CG and left a bad taste in my mouth.

:same:

Also, if there's room in Maulful, I'll make the jump. I have zKylo zR2, a G11 Wiggs and STH and a host of G9 crap. Just unlocked Commander Mary Luke.

Once I gear CLS, what would be a good arena team? I'm thinknig CLS(L), Wiggs, R2, zKylo. My Chaze isn't there yet.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 14, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

dude, fly casual.

:agreed:

Also, a guy on my shard already has CLS fully maxed including all zetas. I don't want to know how much money that took.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

fishtobaskets posted:

I think you got skipped over for an SM invite but we can make sure you're first in line for the next spot. Are you in discord?

Yes, in discord under Moral_Hazard (I think)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I have zKylo, Droids, and Rebels, and if I'm not busy working, am good for several million in damage. One tank raid question is after 15 or so turns it gets all angry and puts on a locked no heal and does crazy damage. Is there any way to power through that or does that mean that the squad is dead?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Cactus posted:

I no longer even make an attempt on the final node. Life's too short.

Chilichimp posted:

you share allies separately for all three dark side, light side, and cantina missions. Just log in and do 1 node manually with the leader you want shared and that leader will be available to your friends.

Thanks for this.

Also, a big TY to Jerkface (not sure the SA handle) who put GK on his light side ally which allowed me to finally 3 star Shoretrooper.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 18, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

My node 12 for Galactic Chore :

I have a deep enough bemch that I get through the last node after sacrificing two or three teams. This one, hell no. GK, Baze and Bariss are something else.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 22, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

CLS is getting my next Zeta and I need 9 carbantis and 31 stun cuffs. I'm looking to build an arena team around CLS and Raid Han; maybe CLS(L), Han, R2, and Chaze. Chaze still needs a ways to go.

I don't even have Finn unlocked, he'll be next after I star up Hera.

Chilichimp posted:

I no longer recommend anyone waste their time with dark-side droids (IG-88, IG-86, HK-47). If you've got'em, they're a decent tank P2, and an okay suicide squad in GW, but if you don't... just get a resistance squad and make zFinn your first Zeta. That team will full clear GW's, deal multiple millions on tank P2/3/4, and is an okay arena squad to boot.

An HK led droid team was my first arena team. I still use them for P2 and for mowing down the earlier nodes in GW,

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I'm going to guess... Talia for maximum trolling, in light of the upcoming nightsister review.

Best possible case would be Hoth Rebel Soldier, though.

CG is also going to give 10 Chewie Shards as a "thank you." Speaking of underwhelming characters that will probably soon get a buff, it wouldn't surprise me if we're going to need 7* G8 Clone Wars Chewie to get the new OP Chewie at some point.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I'm kind of annoyed that I have to grind more rebels in the form of the Hoth Bros instead of working on Resistance or FO.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Yeah, I kinda want to know who not Kyle Katarn is too.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Stay safe you goons in Florida.

Also, only 61 Mk 9 BioTech's away from a G12 cool command luke.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

You are our shining light in qgj

I have G11 CLS as my light-side and cantina lead and recently cleaned up my allies list. My ally code is 297-786-683 if anyone needs this.

I was kinda hoping to have enough critical mass in QGJ to do HHAAT, but :shrug:, I guess. Maybe next opening in Maulful, I'll move so I can get those juicy GK shards and nopt feel so left out.

tadashi posted:

Any weird ideas for a CLS-led arena team for someone who doesn't have Chaze (but I have Wiggs)? I just got him to G11 and would like to see what I can do with him. Obviously, I be avoiding zBarris. I also have a single zeta R2.

I'm running zCLS (L, binds all things), zR2 (Number Crunch), Raid Han, Leia, and Old Ben. Next zeta will go to Han. I recently did a pass on all my mods and put the secondary speed mods and primary +30 speed arrows on my arena team. Everyone but old ben is at 198 - 220 speed. Olde Ben is 168. I'm not sure if Kanan or Old Ben is the better tank, but I know GK is the better tank.

Before that I ran CLS, R2, Wiggs, STH. It was ok, but I found STH just too squishy with not a lot of utility beyond turn meter.

The new team comp has propelled me from ~85 to about ~35-45 on my shard. I seem to hit a wall in the high 30s, low 20s. It does pretty good against Chaze comp teams, less so against zMaul, I'm guessing because it doesn't have Baze's AOL, nor Chirrut's heal. It is fun running a pure OT hero comp team though.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

I mean. Let's play QGJ zetas. Where are we at? Maybe we can try a HAAT this month. I should have a zeta this month. Who should I put it on to help the team?

In addition to QGJ and R2, I have zKylo. Question, though: Is zKylo supposed to just solo P1 of HAAT, as in don't bring anyone else? I've run him with a team of mostly randoms, and only get ~300k in damage.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

When we have a spot I'll take you back buddy.
Trip report. HAAT is loving tough

:agreed: And I whiffed my CLS doing something stupid. :smith:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

What happened? Also at worst we lose and try again in a month. Or whenever that thrawn event comes back.

It was at the end of P1, I ran solo zKylo. Then I ran solo CLS to finish off P1. I tried to get him to escape, but the P2 tank hit him hard and killed him. It was a dumb move.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Finsally finished 7 starring Phoenix squad. So sick of spending cantina energy on those assholes.

"Those assholes" made me literally lol. I'm sick dropping cantina energy on the next "must farm" character. Hera is at 50/100 to get 7* and then I have to finish up Ezra; he's only at 5*. Then it's farming loving cold Han, so we can have yet another iteration of Han Solo. Then, maybe, if CG doesn't introduce another "must farm" character, I can start working on a solid Resistance team.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

They will absolutely be introducing another "must farm" character before then. Catch is, it will probably require a Resistance team.

I'm only half joking. I'm betting on some new characters being released for either Resistance or FO to time with the release of The Last Jedi.

That makes me torn between farming Cold Han to help the guild or being selfish and farming Finn. I guess I could rationalize it that Finn would complete my resistance team and then I could be more useful in HAAT. Plus, if the goon hive mind is right, a zFinn team would make GW great again.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Do finn then cold han

Thank you Dear Leader! :tipshat:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I'm betting we get some more Rebels Imperials first.

It would be great to have Kallus have both the rebel and imperial tag.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Crumbletron posted:

There's gonna be an inverse hero's journey where JKA fights 6 waves of one health bar younglings

That would be darkly funny. Only clones, JKA, Sids, would be the ones allowed for the event.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Agreed with the complaints about TB; 6 nodes per battle are annoying, as are the number of sections.

I'm also seriously fed up with G9-G12 gear grind. Carbantis are actually okay because it's a slow, steady grind from challenges. If they all were like that, even if you had to prioritize, carbantis with one challenge or stun cuffs with another that would be okay. But grinding the stupid loving stun cuffs and stun guns which have to be wrung out from this or that store a handful at a time when you need 100 of each to push a character to the next gear level is depressing. Is it in the shard shop? How about TB store? How about shipments? Do a crystal refresh, sim 14 nodes, get 1 stun cuff yay!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Canemacar posted:

I'm not going to be able to get BB-8 this time around. Which sucks because he will be needed for the Jedi Rey they're going to reveal this December.

Don't really care though; I'll get him next time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I made my peace with not getting Thrawn this time around; I'm starting to get burned out with the constant grind. I'm bummed though, that a G7, 7* team can't seem to beat 6* Thrawn. I'm not opposed to a G8 requirement for 7*, but six? Seriously?