Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Great OP. Digging the info on Arena Leaders! Nice job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Tracula posted:

Just been getting back into the game. Sid is still the best all-around leader unless you're doing a pure Jedi or droid team, right?

I find him good as an all-around due to Crit boost. Luminara is also pretty solid due to her Heal-on-turn (I think that's how it works?)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Going to add mine to the collection, too: http://swgoh.gg/u/igestalt/

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

The beginner pack with Barriss is the only way you should spend money on this lovely game ever

I finally got Barriss to a level I can use in GW and I've gone from never finishing it for several months to finishing it. She is incredible.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Unlocked Yoda, finally. 5* was a complete bitch. Won it by having Barriss as lead for the HP boost and carefully hit Yoda down. And getting 7* Phasma tonight. Unsure on how to focus next in the GW. Thinking Teebo for Ewok Raid squad.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

They have added some more easily unlocked characters with the Guilds and Raids. But I think that'll be the exception rather than the rule - New dude being added? Pay through the nose!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Underworld Cop is my secret shame. Attempting to arrest everybody and dying horribly. Almost 6*.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Double post. Oops.

Underworld Cop really is shameful.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 17, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

two_step posted:

Don't write Chewie out yet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7ujK0nSWQ (from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4jkp15/an_update_on_my_cad_bane_review_serious_raid/)

Too bad Rex isn't available right now, even if you were willing to spend to get him. He seems super useful.

I got lucky and got him - Just.. impossible to star him up :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Lol they stealth nerfed 5s. These guys...

I clearly don't understand game development.

Now people will buy Echo! Who is like Fives but he has a big gun!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

I guess they could use the combat format we have now, but instead of characters we have small fighter ships and instead of fighting on a plant it's in space. You'd assign a character to each fighter for a certain bonus, which is where the pilot characters would be useful. We could have a new raid event where you battle against one big capital ship.

That's what I expected. Or they'll have different sizes of ships, and you can use your characters to 'man' them. Yoda sitting on a turret in the Falcon while a Pig Guard flys it, and Sidious is repairing the engine.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Maybe everyone just gets a cool hat that looks like a spaceship and lights up

This would be incredibly cool.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

So.. Emperor Palpatine is probably going to be gained via a Sith event. Chewbacca via Scoundrel. Luce via nightsister?

Looking at the ships, I think it'll be a "This character gets this ship. Some ships need multiple characters". Falcon needs Han and Chewie, but you just need, say, Anakin for Anakin's Delta-7B.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 18, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

What timezone is it for?

Qui-Gon and GenoSold make a great combo for Phase 1 of the raid. Combine them with a Phasma Leader and pewpew. Can't wait to get QGJ to 7*

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 18, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

And ugnaught for bespin!

Ugnaught finally pullin' his weight.

(Why did I unlock him)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Who did you need for the last event?

It was a random selection daily.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Daka with her Omega Basic is a monster if you combine her with assist attackers. I'm very glad I invested into that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Working on Greedo in Arena at the moment - wondering if it'd be better to work on Ackbar? Almost got Teebo to 6*, too. All this grindin' coming together.

Still unable to do reasonable damage on Rancor and have yet to get anybody to Gear 10. Geno Buddy is at Gear 9, though. I hear going to 10 with him breaks his damage - can anybody confirm it?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

Greedo is a very good DPS. His damage per turn is stellar but he's slower than the top tier damage dealers. If you can't take advantage of Thermal Detonator (and AoE works best if you stack it) there's no reason to take him over Rey, Geonosian Soldier, or someone at the same speed but harder-hitting like IG-86 or FOTP, except that Greedo is easier to farm. Because there's no one else in Arena shipments that's as good at DPS except IG-88 in a droid team.

Ackbar is not really comparable, he goes on your team if your success depends on giving one of your characters as many turns as possible or you want to combo Yoda's AoE into Battle Meditation. Or use Asajj's two buttons to do the same as Echo's one button. Or double up on Lando's Double Down. He's also reportedly good for clearing deathmark in raid phase 1.

Great - thank you.

I've gotten Rey unlocked, and slowly starring her up but I wanted to get Greedo too. Namely to replace Sid in my Rancor team, as he's falling so far behind.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

I hope they release non-level content next. I don't want to grind again for a while.

I really hope so. That combined with an improvement to GW credit rewards would be really nice.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

I am allies with a goon that has a pretty geared up Greedo and I ALWAYS TAKE HIM when i get the chance.

Same. That goons Greedo is awesome. I'm almost done getting my own Greedo to 7*. Gonna swap to Leia once he is.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Jedi Knight Anakin is getting a revision next, apperently. Knowing CG they are more likely than not going to make him as sickeningly OP as RG :getin:

When will Ugnaught have his day.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

We've got a couple Inactives in IGD, send me a friend request.

I'm making some edits to the OP -- not too much has changed, but I figured I'd mention some things. One thing I've wondered -- with the energy bonuses, I get those at 1pm, 7pm, and 10pm (Pacific time). Are those set to local time, or are they at the same time for everyone?

I get those at 1PM, 7PM and 10PM too. But in GMT. So local time.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

If only I could convert GW tokens into like 1/4 Arena tokens. Would do that in an instant.

That would be nice. I'm working on Cad at the moment, as I've gotten everybody else worthwhile at 7*. Got Greedo to 7* today too, so all Arena goes onto Leia. Unsure what else to focus on now that I've hit 80. Will have Yoda next time he rolls around, too. My core is level 80 (Rey, QGJ, Daka, Phasma, STH, Luminara, Geno Solider). Guess I should push Teebo to 80 and Greedo to 80 sooner than later, and then Leia after them?

Gear is a pain, gently caress gear.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

They seem to be doing better with Events lately, which is nice. Force Champions are a good start since they give a lot of Credits daily, more or less.

Hope we'll see more. Would like an Endurance Event where you get rewards every 3 rounds, and can sub in characters until you've used your whole roster. Like, first 3 is 5k credits, second is 15k, third is 30k, etc.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

Another GW? No thanks

Good point. Do not hire me to work on this game.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Kit Fisto Force Champions event just went live

First wave is Phasma and four Stormtroopers, second is Ewoks. Third is unchanged. Final wave is QGJ and Kit. Seems easier than the previous one. Kit also only needs 25-shards to unlock too which is nice.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 23, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Woo. Got QGJ to Gear Level 9 and Rey to 6*. My Damage for the Rancor gained at least 150k from that. Awesome, QGJ and Rey are so good.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Woo! Just got Gear Level 10 QGJ. Is that the highest he can go right now?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Speaking of raid loot - did anyone else in IGD not get anything from the latest raid? poo poo's vanished :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Whenever I don't get raid loot, I force-close app, then open it. Works Every. Single. Time.

Going to give that a try!
Worked! Thank you!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Knowing these devs, the blocks won't fit into the holes. Or we'll get two triangle blocks.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Also, T7s take a lot less time from those of us at the top. I was spending generally 30+ minutes on P1 alone, so, this is a really nice change. If enough people want to go back to T6, we can consider it though.

I'm all for continuing T7. The payout for it is so, so much better than T6.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

Freemium games always try to drive people towards IAP. They want you to not be able to complete GW so it acts as a carrot to buy whatever.

Same with this lovely ewok event.

I personally can't wait for the Genosian event!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

why on Earth does this game have to be Star Wars :(

I know :(

Why couldn't they at least nerf the amount of money 1 - 80 costs for a character. That'd make it more bearable.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Watch the Door Panel start dodging again. I don't trust them not to break something while changing this.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

The image in the OP is a pretty good expression of what is going on.

Mods are dumb, QGJ with 28k Hp and 20k protection is dumb.

How do we tell the quality of a mod? Little 'pips' above them?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 13, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Note that the picture I posted is 93% crit on Aayla who stuns on basic attack crit.

The gently caress were they thinking with this poo poo, seriously....

I don't think they were. Likewise that you could stack Crit on Geno Solider - Lotta TM.

When can I sim GW and Arena? Let me sim everything.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 13, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Who can be broken the most with the Mod system?

Rey - The obvious one, her already incredible damage can be increased even further or she can be given absurd amounts of protection and HP.
Geno Solider - His special is TM on Crit, so stacking a ton of Crit chance on him would probably be a good idea.
Royal Guard - Super Tank, but I wonder if giving him more damage would work too? Or Potency.
Phasma - Stacking speed on her so she'll go quicker and be able to spam her turn ability, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Fenris13 posted:

Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.

wow.

wow.

What the gently caress. I think I might look into that FF game that Mal mentioned, as this does not seem to be going in a positive direction. They made everything meaningless, then made it purely P2W.

Just won an Arena with my whole team dying, and my Super Rey soloing the rest of the enemy team. This was for Rank 36. So dumb.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 14, 2016