Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I find it absurd that they rolled this out without any testing. I suppose they can't roll it back without having to refund people, either! Nice job. Wonder how they'll try to balance it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Decided to try that FF game. Seems pretty fun and very slick. Unsure if I will keep GoH up, but we'll see what the devs do.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Has anyone else found the game to be way more crashy since the mod-update? Had four crashes today, for no obvious reason.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Thanks for playing our game!" they say.

Then they give me 10 Chewbacca shards. I see through those polite words.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Just saw I got tier 6 mods rewards from the raid. A level 1 T6 Mod had 117 offence on it for me. A level 15 Tier 1 mod had 97.

Balance, what's that.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Don't complain or we'll ban you"

Interesting approach to calming people down. Less a match and more pouring gasoline over the fire.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

We are a level above dumpster fire.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

OP'd

I mean, on one level I'm sad they just ruined a game I actually kinda like. However, I might have a lot more time to do....something?

I've been trying that Final Fantasy Xivious game and I've gotta say it's pretty good! Far, far better made than GoH. Even if you don't know if you want to play it, I'd recommend trying it and redeeming the launch items - poo poo ton of bonus items and some bonus characters and tickets to pull rare characters atm.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 15, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Herux posted:

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.587-335-573. Pref to my SW goonbros!

Will do! thanks!

Edit: Yeah, user not found.

Add me too, anybody trying out FF GoH. ID: 430,666,029

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I use the same name there, as I do here - iGestalt

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Roid666 posted:

If anyone is dialing back playing this, join a few us playing Light: Fellowship of Loux. Thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779892

It's by the same guys as summoner wars and it's scratching the itch for me so far!

I am curious in general, actually. What genre of game is this? I really like the concept of this, and I know of three so far: This, FF BX and the Marvel one. What others are there and which one seems to be the 'best'?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

What are the best mods for Pikachu?

Critical avoidance and Protection in the form of a loving trainer.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

So mods are all % based now? That seems vaguely more balanced, but why not just remove them altogether?

This doesn't hurt the Whales that probably have Tier 7 mods, though. Just F2P people who got the Tier 6 via raiding. A stern "no those aren't for you" from the dev.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

if tier 6 or 7 mods exist at all now they're probably garbage. i see very little difference between tier 1 and 5 at the moment

Which is probably how it should've been. Quite the turn around. Now, where are my apology Ugnaught shards.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

e: This game is slightly less of a flaming dumpster, so I've restored the OP. I also wrote up a section on mods. Lemme know what you think.

Looks good. Once the new Raid is out, I think we'll have a better idea of where the Mod system will be heading. It's going to bring Tier 6 with it, I assume?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Multisim and being able to sim challenges has almost recovered all my good will for this game. It continues to be such an incredible QoL improvement.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Inkel posted:

So I just unlocked Poggle and it popped up an offer to level him to 43 and gear 6 for $16. I've never seen that before. I don't really mind this, especially for harder to farm characters like Ewok Elder, but $16 and only to that level is a ripoff.

For £1 I might consider that but man, $16 is hilarious. I wonder if they get many people using it?

Also, level 43 is such a random amount. Why not 40? 50? 80?

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 17, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

LOL

Uh. Have you ever played against a modded OB, STH, RG, Rey, QGJ/GS/Whatever team comp? Holy poo poo, modded right, I can't beat that at least half the time, and my team is fully modded, 5* level 15. Alterrnatively, OB, STH, B2 or Sun Fac, Rey, QGJ/whatever.

I don't think he actually plays this game.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Jesse just hinted that there's another character coming out soon from Clone Wars.

I hope it's Jar Jar. And he's broken as hell.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jibo posted:

E: Or that 4 armed Sith guy, whatever his name was. We need more Sith.

Grevious? he's already in the game as ~the worst grind~

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

In other news, 88, STH, and G Guard will be Scoundrels, starting next week. Have fun!

Oh.

Okay then.

:psyboom:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I mean, if we're being honest, you DO need 5 scoundrels to finish T3 Challenges (crit chance mods), and I think they have to be at least 5*. Probably want geared/leveled/starred STH, 88, and one more. Lando is good anyways, as I've pointed out, so, I feel like you won't have lost too much in this pursuit anyways, but it's still annoying.

Yeah, it's better in the long run, but still annoying.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

If you've been following the recent drama around No Man's Sky (someone bought a stolen or otherwise street date broken copy of the game and has been posting about it), the guy who bought the game is a member of one of the top whale guilds in this game. So he's already predisposed to have more money than sense.

I had been following it. Utterly unsurprising that he's a gigantic whale.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

"Used by 79 characters."

Oh. Please no :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Actually, apparently for tags, they have to ask Disney.

I wonder what job the guy at Disney who deals with this aspect is called?

"Hey can we like, make this sith lady a sith classified character?"

"No"

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

My bud who worked on the Kabam star wars game told me about the meetings they had with lucasarts/disney. There was a guy whose sole job it was to approve/veto everything character related that they wanted to do in the game. They were told to change characters outfits because they were 'too nabooish' and asinine poo poo like that.

Now what I understand is that they probably could have made ST HAN & IG-88 scoundrels+whatever when the game was first being created, but they hosed up and so those characters were approved as whatever. Now to change it they have to get permission.

Wow.

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff? How the gently caress do I get their job.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jibo posted:

tbh it's probably more of a marketing/branding gig than it is someing lore centric. Presumably there is a fuckoff massive series bible at Disney for Star Wars and some poor soul has to ensure that all Star Wars branded poo poo adheres to it. They sure as gently caress aren't just going to give that info to clown shoes dev Capital Games and hope they work out so Disney has an actual grown up to take care of that.

Honestly, for some people that'd be their dream job. I suspect it's probably a copyright Lawyer doing it, though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

They weren't/aren't.

Here is another anecdote from my friend

They are literally just nerds! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerds!! Pablo Hidalgo now has an impressive title, but he was really just a guy that happened to know a lot about star wars and now he is a "Creative / Story Development Executive."

A very similar thing happened with 'Game of Thrones' where they had Bryan Cogman as a kind of lore master and he eventually became a writer/producer.

Hahaha.

That's really great. What a dream job.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Would like some advice on who'd be worth working on for 7 Star in PvP shipments. I've got: Sid, STH, Leia, Greedo, Eeth at 7 Star. Underworld Cop is at 6 Star and I've almost got 7 Star on IG88 and HK47. Is it worth baking them, or working on Ackbar now?

Likewise for GW, I guess. Phasma, Luminara, Bane, Teebo are all 7-star. Been working on Magmatrooper and IG86, but unsure if it's worth it.

They need to add some Cantina characters to PvP / GW already :(

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I'm currently all in on Jawas, because of 1) the upcoming new raid and 2) Critical Damage Mods

Oh right, the new raid is all Droids.

Jawas it is!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Raid stuff

Another (not perfect route) would simply be that the high DPS people rotate. One raid they do token damage and sit out, only jumping in after 12 hours if we need them to push the Rancor to death.

The raid is just badly designed for total raid engagement. poo poo should've been "Kill Boss, grace timer starts that is X hours long, where everybody can go ham until timer is over"

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I actually really like this. 12 hours of don't actually hurt the Rancor. Maybe I start it at 9PM Pacific and we go that way until 9AM? Also, with everyone doing 0 damage, this means that if you don't get back in, you'll probably still tie for like 30th? How does this game resolve ties in loot rewards?

Again, everyone has to agree to not break this -- I can't really kick people out who are active because we are already short on active members....but if anyone is being a shitlord about it I guess that could happen.

I would be up for trying this, although I'd need to work out the GMT. Either way, I think it's a good solution.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

worldtimebuddy.com. Also, technically we're in PDT, which is why I always say Pacific time.

GMT is +8 right now (there's like 2 weeks or something on each end where it's 7 or 9, don't remember), so 5AM is raid start but don't do damage, and 5PM is go ham.

That said, I'm actually thinking that go ham should still mean one attack only.

Ah, thank you!

I agree, go ham should mean one attack only unless we end up needing more (and I'd say we cross that bridge when we come to it)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

LOL. Instead of a weekly update, they posted the trailer for Rogue One. Yeah, like we haven't already seen that...
If you ae going to have something called weekly update, at least make it weekly, otherwise it becomes the occassional update or we don't give a poo poo about our players update.
We want to know when the next raid might hit, where we stand with level caps, if they are adding any new heroes soon or when they will break gspy so that he's the new must have p2w champ. Are any assaults coming soon? When is the next bugs patch coming? Stupid poo poo like that. Soesnt have to tell us that the raid is coming on 8/22 at 5:23 PM, but a general loving ballpark estimate would be nice.

I wish they'd hire a proper Community Manager who understands how to connect to the community. I don't understand how they can be so misinformed and unaware of their own product right now. The whole "You can beat modded teams without a modded team ~if you know how~" was the crux of it; no clue about the product they are selling.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'd like to get Han to 7* but having him unlocked is cool enough - I'm happy with whatever in regard to Raiding. Would hope to be able to get a 0 damage in regardless, though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

So, how are we going to handle the new raid? If it indeed only drops 6* mods and R2D2(?) shards, could we perhaps alternate between them? I imagine most people still need raid rather gear than slightly better mods and many, myself included, would like to finish Han eventually.

Han has such good use as a Rebel and a Smuggler, that I'd say we should get him finished - I wonder if R2 is Droid and Rebel? And probably overpowered?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Glad to see the new raid of "Loading Cantina" has been added.

Bit overtuned, though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Managed to get in long enough to get Arena reward at least. Then it stopped working again.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I've unlocked all the Jawa. Chief and Datcha are almost 7 star, others are slowly getting there.

Working on Ackbar too, but after him I'm not sure who to get from Arena. HK-47? Was thinking to finish a full Droid squad.. Or should I focus on an Empire squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

two_step posted:

Credit heist is up again. I got the 10 mil payout again (plus a 2.5). Once again, out of training droids, plus out of crappy characters to promote (did resistance pilot this time). For the first time in months, my characters button doesn't say 3+ on it!

Thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't have noticed it otherwise!