Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I wish i didnt start playing at launch because my arena shard is hilariously whaley. Like the top 50 spots are all insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

I have no idea how whaleish my shard is but I am hovering around rank 2000 and all of the teams are 6+ levels higher than mine, so even when their star level or gear sucks it's really hard to win fights because my stuff just gets constantly resisted and dodged. When I stopped playing I was hanging in the t50 fairly easily too :I

I was in the same area (sitting in the 2000s while grinding my shards trying to build my team) while just doing my dailies and poo poo. Now that im trying to actively compete i managed to sneak into the 800s with a 23000 power team. I did it by refreshing until i found a 22-23k team to snipe that wasnt some kind of megasynergy team thats better than its power suggested. 90% of teams from 1700 down to 800 were 25k or higher and now every team i can challenge is like 27k or higher. It sucks. I also hosed my gw doing this so i dont know what i was thinking.

I hope theres an event soon that gives me credits or shards or something. I need something to help me catch up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

justsharkbait posted:

So I was wondering this, and I could have missed it somewhere but:

When someone fights you in Squad Arena do they fight the last arena team you used?

If you rank goes down when someone fights you and wins, is there anyway to have like a defense team up for when you are away to make you defeat more players who try and fight you?

If it uses your last used team you could climb with your dps whatever team then do 1 more run with your stall team and just retreat out or actually try to win with it. Either way it becomes your arena representative

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

What does killing the droids do on the Oppress fight?

If your teams speed is wonky/you dont slow the bots oppress can take you down to 1 hp then the bots will kill 2 of your dudes if you dont have a healer take a turn right after.

I beat whatever the highest tier challenges are for a level 74 without killing any of the droids with the exception of thw veers tarkin fight because critting for 20k is fun.

As long as your team and ally are strong you can usually race the boss or ignore the bots. Especially if you apply any slows.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Skilleddk posted:

I'm unsure on what characters to grind for now. I got the following 7 starred / max lvl (for my player lvl)

Chewie
Old Daka
Phasma
Luminara
Jedi Consular
IG-88
Sidious

I got nothing to spend arena / gal war / cantina shipments on. I've been collecting some HK-74 and IG-86 droid shards, to maybe make a droid team. And been spending my cantina / hardmode battles making a first order team (Kylo Ren / First order TIE Pilot)

any suggestions what path to take? or perhaps keep gearing the main squad? I'd have to unlock the latter campaign levels for that, which is kinda tough

Dude get qui goon jin from cantina hes amazing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

xyigx posted:

For arena how many of you actually have a healer on your team? I have been running healers normally but maybe a tank or another DPS might be better?

I think a lot of teams that dont have access to all the best characters, and some that do, run lumi or daka who are healers because lumi has hella offense and daka got them stuns.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I recall beating the 4 star yoda fight pretty easily but now the 5 star ver this time around is insane? I have lumi(7*),qgj(6*),jc,mace, eeth koth at 5 star and yoda just takes 3 turns for every 2 of my guys who go and just decimates my team even with qui gon leader. hosed up man. He managed to steal my lumi heal buff twice before it expired off my guys which means at a minimum he took like 6 turns before my slowest guy took 2.

Feel like i need a 7 star team to beat this lil green cockgoblin which i think defeats the purpose of this star value event

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
If you only have enough omega mats for 1 top tier skill what would you use it on? Im leaaning towards qgj for the turn meter fuckery for raid

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Is aurodium whale packs?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

Wow I am so excited to buy Rey from the guild shop! *has not seen Rey in the guild shop in literally four days*

Same dude. When rey is not in the guild shop all the other heroes should be asking where is rey

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Biggs has built in ship synergies...somewhere :regd09:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

MarcusSA posted:

He's 7* gear level 7. I'm not quite sure he's there yet. I'm going to try it a few more times to see.

I had geo soldier 7* g8 lvl 71 , luke g6 5* lvl 50, biggs g6 5* lvl 51. I swapped luke for poggle g5 4* lvl 50 and levelled biggs to 62 and i was able to carry through with geo soldat. The trick was keeping biggs alive to the final round to burn through the tie pilot and stormtrooper.

Your luke is big enough that if you had 2 level 60s backing him up you might be able to clear it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
For everyone doing the omega gear event here is a guide someone made to prioritize what you spend them on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4kcr28/what_are_the_musthave_omega_ability_upgrades/d3e74we

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Apparently gw fills out teams based on your best 5s power level, so if youre building up 20 different heroes its gonna be easier because you wont outpace your backup teams and your power level wont be at its theoretical best based on your level.

If you have 5 rly good heroes and a bunch of neglected stuff gw sucks rear end. You have to stop levelling your best 5 for a bit and let your team catch up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Do you think its worth replacing a 7* / g8/ lvl 70 sid with a 5* / g8 / lvl 70 rey in arena? Or should i just wait till she gets a 6th star.

Current team is phasma (l), lumi, geo soldat, qui gon, sid. All gear 8/7 star/lvl 70ish

Looking to replace sid with rey and lumi with rg or st han eventually.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Dengar, that mummy gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Hopefully 4 70~ 6/7 star G8~ ladies can carry my level 60 talia to the highest tier of this event. Rey, Lumi, Daka, Phasma will do the work i hope

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Damnit, Leia going to Arena is nice but Arena has way too many good characters compared with GW. And GW is the easier farm. Ahhhh!! I wish GW would get a useful character instead of Cad Bane :mad:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

I'll even shut up about buying Greedo being a good idea (still an awesome idea)

I am allies with a goon that has a pretty geared up Greedo and I ALWAYS TAKE HIM when i get the chance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

That random scoundrel is the assassin that released killer bugs to try to kill Padme in Attack of the Clones

Running zam wessel should cause her character slot to be taken up by a random sub contractor. Technically she hired a droid to release the centipedes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I feel like they should change something with how you take turns. It annoys me when an enemy taunts, and my detaunter will get a turn before anyone else on the enemy team, but only after a bunch of my other guys go. If hes gonna take a turn, lemme select him and let him use his de-taunt. Super annoying to have to put attacks into ST Han when I know I'm just going to detaunt him after it all. Or when I have all my guys who are gonna go, and the enemy has a low health guy, and I want to use my weaker guys to try and see if I can save damage for healthier guys but nope, gotta use my best attacker here or else I gamble that when I get to my last guy this dude won't miracle dodge me.

They would probably have to change too much about the game for that, but it'd be nice if all the people who can take turns can just go as a big group.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hughlander posted:

So basically you want a hard counter to taunt with all the benefits but no drawbacks. Or for someone who puts s low damage taunted on their team to get no damage or benfit from the choice since the taunt won't have any impact?

Well I was mostly thinking of the raid, where the counter gammorrean taunts up and I have to kill 3 of my guys before I can de-taunt him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

I hate when ST Han moonlights as a Gamorrean Guard

The guard creaming my entire team before QGJ got his turn is what made me think of this idea in the first place don't @ me :colbert:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Leia is now available in the shop. Ok dudes, who do you 7* from Arena first:

Leia, Ackbar, IG-88, Greedo, Ventriss, HK-47

Leaning towards Leia because she'd be more fun, but think I should probably just do Ackbar because he has..ugh .. utility...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The Aayla Secura event is live. 3 levels. One for 55, One for 65, and One for 75. The rewards include a lot of shards and credits. The third tier needs 5 star heroes (but at level 75+ you'd want that anyways I imagine). Only need 3 star characters for tier 2 and tier 1 anything goes.

I have only beat TIer 1 for today but it was 4 rounds. FIrst was a ton of droids and nute gunray, second was tusken raiders, third was like 3 jedi nobodies, and fourth was Barriss + Secura.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but im working on rebels for the dumb empire event right now.... and still gearing/levelling my main team.

I could take a little break from grinding RG to fill out Lando, but my highest levelled scoundrel is Clone wars Chewie, hes not exactly a carry. I wonder what the rewards are. If its worth a heavy up front investment to get paid off on the back end when I can do the 70 reliably...

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Dev post on scoundrel event:

quote:

Currently two free plays, no refreshes. Around 120k per win in the lvl 50 version. We're doing the math right now. Probably a little over double that for each win at lvl 70.

Hmm, not sure if thats worth to build a scoundrel team just to farm. So once per week, you get a shot at 240k for a lovely team and 500k for a beast team?

My chewie is at 60/g7, and all my other scoundrels are either not unlocked or lvl 45/g6. 500k is like... 3 levels in the 60s/70s. So pumping up enough scoundrels to farm the event, I would then have to farm it for like a year to make back any costs. credit crunch ahhh!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Their latest update apparently broke the game on blue stacks :mad: Says not compatible with device in plays tore now :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

kaschei posted:

Get the apk from pureapk and install it manually, or use nox

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

QGJ basic

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Malgrin posted:

This sounds pretty widespread. Their lack of competence amuses me.

They must have hosed something up. I commented in qgj chat last night my final node was a full lvl 80 7* squad of dooku (l), daka, rg, qgj, geo soldat all g9 or g10 except qgj who was g8. My arena squad is only 30k power and that team must have been 34 or 35 minimum.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Keep in mind Rabidsquid doesnt have a max team, so whatever algorithm is broken in GW may not affect him due to his squad's power level. I think once you're near 30k you start getting turbo hosed on final node. And when you reach 35k you get the weird thing where you get turbo hosed on other nodes and then it errors out trying to find a team to really turbo gently caress you and rolls back around to nothing which is why you get those weird 3* squads.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

General Probe posted:

I'm assuming they changed GW while claiming not to have as some sort of troll attempt against the community?

No, their new stance is that they meant to change it and its working as intended.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging! What did you all get?

Im going to assume 5 to 9 parts of a raid gear none of your characters need

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

Creeping slowly through the low 70's means that Omega abilities are visible on the horizon. What order should I be spending Omega mats? Which abilities get the biggest bang for my buck? It's relevant now because I have to decide whose "+5% Damage" gets my juicy purps.

Was bored with my standard arena team, running all great characters over and over. Changed things up for fun. Lost every match in every combination. This game's balance can go straight to hell.

It really depends on who you got. Like Malgrin I think you can't go wrong with any of Rey's abilities. Here are my thoughts on order: Leverage first if you don't run an assist team, because AI Rey will always lead with it. Basic next because it gets the most uses in general due to the long cool downs of your other attacks. Triple tap last.

Do you got Geo Soldat? His unique passive owns with omega, he gets so much drat turn meter its insane.

Qui Gon Jin's basic gives turn meter down which makes him really key for raid teams.

Phasma's victory march goes up to 90% to speed down, which I think is pretty good.

Daka's basic being omega'd is stun city and I use her a lot for GW due to that.

IG-86's assist call cool down reduction is nice since hes a slow character to begin with.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Inkel posted:

This is just the most recent stealth patch changes to GW. Everything is working as intended.

This is working as intended, the Galactic War is designed to test your entire roster, so we thought this change would really force players to think strategically on where or when to deploy their teams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They broke so much stuff!! Its HILARIOUS how bad these devs are, holy poo poo, but I'm not surprised. I was talking on this topic in guild chat but my friend used to be a consumer insights analyst at KABAM! who make that lovely star wars diablo game (the only company other than EA that can make a star wars game and they got to do it because they found a loophole in the contract lol). He always had good stories about the mobile game dev industry. The dev teams for mobile games are usually understaffed, and they are mostly pushed towards working on things that will monetize, and they usually don't have good platforms for testing & QA. The EA credits for this game actually has a lot of people on it, but I'd be shocked if they were all actually working on this game post launch.

Its pretty funny that they launched an update which is essentially just some assets for future use and some new monetization features and they managed to break the 2 most important sources of gear/income.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The spaghetti code they seem to have pushed through lately probably really inefficient and its running process longer

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Do mods change power rating? I haven't noticed and I dont have the energy to get a new mod to check. If they dont this is gonna be hell. There needs to be a way to view an arena teams composition and see their mods and stuff without it 'refreshing' your choices. Whenever I click on an individual member of a team and go back my opponent choices have been refreshed. Makes it a pain in the rear end to scout.

This also fucks up game knowledge things, where you are rewarded for playing by understanding things like 'my rey will definitely kill X enemy at Y health+protection' or whatever. Now heroes will randomly have a million more health & protection, or have something invisible like extra defense that means they survive with a sliver of health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

I thought I read somewhere they said the cost would not be increased? This is un-loving-believable

The cost to fully level a tier 5 mod is now between 400k and 600k depending on... i dunno what really I didnt realize that mods had variable XP gain. I am very glad I spent their 'forgive us' crystals on another cantina refresh and dropped all my credits into Tier5 mods before this patch. I feel like one of those precrafters must have felt, except probably even more powerful.

I got a speed arrow mod like Malgrin so my Rey is a 38k protection 4000 offense 220 speed obliterator. She takes 2 turns before the rancor gets to go. In Arena she 1 shots unmodded characters. With mods my arena team is at 33k power (from 30.9k premod) and I bodied a 38.5k droid team because they didnt have any mods. 38k power arena team without mods is like all Gear10+ and I don't think Rey even took any damage during the fight????

I'm like :confused:

This is just such a huge rear end disaster. The amount of credits you need to do anything have increased roughly 3x. Your sources for credits have decreased by up to half (depending on if you get mod teams in Gw or not and can't finish it). They hosed up the raid strategically since the tenacity of the raid bosses is much higher than potency prepatch, so now all you can do really is brute force it with your mod teams. I mean, I guess you could get potency mods but good luck with the random tier3-tier5 RNG stat 40% drop rate on scarce energy

In the past month they have just nuked this game from orbit!!!