Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

CG Dev posted:

Rancor Tenacity was not correctly adjusted to account for the Potency changes--this should be corrected very soon. Sorry, folks.

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

lovely Wizard posted:

So if they make it nearly impossible to get mods now that they realized how big of a gently caress up they made, aren't there going to be a bunch of people who already farmed/upgraded/whaled mods that are loving unstoppable for the foreseeable future?

Yes, and they did the same thing when they added raids to the game. Before raids, every piece of gear could be farmed from the main campaign nodes. When they announced they were adding raids, they also announced that they were changing certain gear to require pieces exclusive to the raid rewards. A lot of people 'precrafted' a bunch of these components before they made the change so they had a huge step up on everyone else. Due to the speed at which you gain gear from raids (nonexistantly), people who crafted multiple of these hard to get pieces were able to sit at the top of arena getting even more rewards (higher payouts) due to this.

Surprise surprise, they make the same mistake with mods. I could never break top 50 on my shard, and the only thing keeping me in the top 100 was being able to snipe certain players. I always dropped ~50+ spots every night. I 'precrafted' a ton of tier 5 mods and now I just placed #18 and was goomba stomping teams 6k ahead of me in power because my team is actually much stronger due to mods.

Its gonna gently caress everything up, especially when they start throwing mod teams at people in GW. Its already hitting some players and it makes it impossible to finish.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hughlander posted:

SW:GOH chat.

Finally got another Furnace, not sure who to put it on... https://swgoh.gg/u/hughlander/collection/gear-needed/

Character Gear Level
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 10
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 10
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 10
ReyRey 9
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 9
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 9
IG-88IG-88 9
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 9
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 9
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 9
Count DookuCount Dooku 8
First Order TIE PilotFirst Order TIE Pilot 8
Princess LeiaPrincess Leia 8
Luminara UnduliLuminara Unduli 8
IG-86 Sentinel DroidIG-86 Sentinel Droid 8
IG-88IG-88 8
Poe DameronPoe Dameron 8
Jedi ConsularJedi Consular 8
HK-47HK-47 8
Asajj VentressAsajj Ventress 8
Captain PhasmaCaptain Phasma 8
Darth SidiousDarth Sidious 8

Rey would hit G10, Leia would hit G9, those seem obvious choices... Dooku and Daaka would also go to G9 and I swap those around on Arena a lot. All the droids would hit G9. Guh!

Rey duh

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

thechalkoutline posted:

As someone who quit right before mods were introduced, it's difficult to explain how entertaining it is to check back in on this thread

A lot of this is just tough to believe but apparently very real

This is arena now

(my 34k team vs 39k opponent, I won because I stunned his rey and my rey killed all of his ppl)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

I don't understand the rush to drop huge patches without warning. Why not engage the community and advertise upcoming changes?

their game was imploding.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yea I hope that instead of some of the good players leaving QGJ, that some other good players will join us. We have a really solid core of players, but I don't think we've ever had full registration since guilds came out or full participation. I dunno what GGA's situation is, but depending on how many ppl are active in it a merge might be a good idea.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

For £1 I might consider that but man, $16 is hilarious. I wonder if they get many people using it?

Also, level 43 is such a random amount. Why not 40? 50? 80?

Instead of something appealing to the customer its probably based on a specfic credit amount that the pain point devs found led to increased sales of crystals.

It only costs like 200k to level to 43 so i dont see how that deal is worth anything. Like lol not even g7.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Just a heads up, try to avoid tier 2 and tier 4 mods if you can, they have bad stats compared to 1-3-5. You may end up wasting a lot of money upgrading a higher 'tier' mod but end up with really not a lot gained. The SWGOH reddit has a thread about it.

Basically it looks like this

Tier 1: 1.88% of *STAT*
Tier 2: 2.00%
Tier 3: 3.88%
Tier 4: 4.00%
Tier 5: 5.88%

So they apparently forgot the .88% for tier 2 and tier 4 lol

Makes them credit traps. You want to start at 1 and hopefully upgrade straight to 5, but if not then go for 3.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

1. 33,522
2. 33,522 since mods started, I used to run Lumi/Daka but I have had to replace them with my arena Phasma/RG because I dont have mods on them
3. Probably just under 'gently caress off that was bullshit'. GW was annoying pre-nerf, just right post-nerf, and then really loving obnoxious re-nerf. Mods have made it worse. My final node is usually a gear 10-11 team thats like 4-6k power above my A-team. I have barely beat it since mods came out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the drop rate on mods is so bad i dont know how i will ever be able to do something like min max mods on a character.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Malgrin posted:

You'll do it for Rey. You know you will.

That was implied :colbert: Rey is the one who gets all the rare gears and best mods! I have *1* speed arrow mod, immediately slapped that poo poo on Rey. I guess with the event this weekend I will spend more cantina energy on mod challenges to see if I can score some mods, havent had much luck so far though.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
From the latest update

quote:

When is the Tank Takedown Raid being released?
The game team is still putting the finishing touches on the new Raid, including balance testing with the recent adjustments to Mods.

Really sucks that they now are going to be balancing things around mods. I feel like they need to balance around the base characters, so that you are actually rewarded for increasing your powers with mods. Instead of what is likely to happen: mods become mandatory

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Alright game, i see you've finally decided i should not complete galactic war today... I see how it is...

This team is minimum 39k in power, all with tier 5 mods wtf

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

DarkRefreshment posted:

Thinking about joining up. After the MOD debacle the group I was in fell apart. How active are the guilds? How many raid points do they have? I have a pretty boss roster of dudes.

Qui Goon Jin is running constant Tier 6's while we build towards being able to do Tier 7s. We have a spot open you can send me an ally request at 279-436-313 and tI can approve your request to join if you want.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

DarkRefreshment posted:

Well either sounds good to me. I'm way more active than I should be. I want to be involved in 7s more in wherever I go so I can finish out kitting my guys and getting the Jawas ready for the next raid. My profile is below with my ally code in it. Just add me and let me know who I should hop in.

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkrefreshment/

I sent you an ally invite & guild invite for QGJ. Your roster would be a huge help in getting us into T7s. I'd recommend joining us even if it means no immediate T7s because you're basically guaranteed to be in the top 5 of damage in our squad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I beat the Tier 2 with a 6*, G8 LVL 72 Lando and no other scoundrel above level 60. I think Chewie was 60/G7, Cad Bane 58 G7, Greedo 55 G6, Dengar 55 G6. It took some retries to clear tier 2, but as long as you are able to have his AOE up for wave 2 and land a crit you will clear the entire wave instantly. You may have 3 or 4 guys for wave 3 and if Lando crits 2 or 3 of the trash guys you will be fine.

This is a pretty small investment in terms of credits and should have a really big return. You can level up anyone to ~50 for like 450k credits. So make the bulk of your investment in Lando and just surround him with some meat shields so he doesnt get stunned.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

I wonder what job the guy at Disney who deals with this aspect is called?

"Hey can we like, make this sith lady a sith classified character?"

"No"

My bud who worked on the Kabam star wars game told me about the meetings they had with lucasarts/disney. There was a guy whose sole job it was to approve/veto everything character related that they wanted to do in the game. They were told to change characters outfits because they were 'too nabooish' and asinine poo poo like that.

Now what I understand is that they probably could have made ST HAN & IG-88 scoundrels+whatever when the game was first being created, but they hosed up and so those characters were approved as whatever. Now to change it they have to get permission.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

Wow.

So like, Disney has a professional Star Wars Lore Nerd on staff? How the gently caress do I get their job.

Yea dude. That dude Pablo Hidalgo is like the main lore nerd for Disney/Lucasfilms. There is also some other guy who runs the 'holocron' or whatever compendium of knowledge they use that kind of took over PAblo's job when he became a part of the story team.

Thats like the dream job for any nerd, know so much about stupid poo poo like star wars background characters that you get a job where your only responsibility is going 'actually...'

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

iGestalt posted:

Honestly, for some people that'd be their dream job. I suspect it's probably a copyright Lawyer doing it, though.

They weren't/aren't.

Here is another anecdote from my friend

quote:

Also they were clearly the videogame nerd council. Cause we had a cinematic of a low flying tie fighter, and they were like "tie fighters can't do that" and it was pointed out they do it in Rebels and they were like "Yeah Rebels is making a lot of new rules" sarcastically agitated

They are literally just nerds! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerds!! Pablo Hidalgo now has an impressive title, but he was really just a guy that happened to know a lot about star wars and now he is a "Creative / Story Development Executive."

A very similar thing happened with 'Game of Thrones' where they had Bryan Cogman as a kind of lore master and he eventually became a writer/producer.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Gonna echo Davethulu. You need to beef up Lando & STHAN because that is a multipurpose upgrade. In any dumb game like this where it takes a long time to gear and level your guys you want to try to be efficient. Lando is a fun character, he is also a rebel with a very useful AOE ability. Building him up gives you easy way to win scoundrel & rebel focused events. STHAN is a rebel, a scoundrel, and a viable to broken arena tank. He is also almost required to do the Empire event where you use a rebel squad to face waves of guys. IG-88 & Dengar are just fine to level after that. Dengar is supposedly pretty good, and IG-88 is another one of those dual purpose heroes since they made him a scoundrel. Will help you out in droid or scoundrel events.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

Alright. I'm frustrated. What's the absolute best Arena team? I've gotta break into a higher bracket for crystals and shipments.

Right now I'm running Phasma (L), Rey, GS, QGJ, RG... I think I just need better gear. Maybe farming Ben soon and swapping in STHan with him. Sick and tired of losing!!!

Thats my team and I am a late starter on a launch shard (took a big break and wasnt really very serious before the break either). I place in the top 20 or the 20 - 50 bracket every day @ 37k power. You should be able to take teams 2-3k stronger than you unless the RNG fucks you, but I'd say you ought to be winning 80/20. If its even or better match up you definitely can't lose.

Whats your power? Whats the power of your opponents? What is your gear level? Whats your shard like? What kind of teams are you facing?

Phasma lead is a fun attacking team but its really weak on defense, even with RG. You'll win some defenses off of lucky Rey RNG and poo poo but if you want to improve your placing i mean yea going to a dodge lead and replacing geo soldat with ST Han would be good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Phasma is a girl.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Finally, my work assembling my rebels in anticipation of the first event coming back before the empire one has paid off.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

Is there a list of ideal squad arrangements for rancor? I open with phasma 86 gs rey qgj.

I think your first team should be heavy TM manipulation + damage, because you want to speed down the rancor, then TM smash it until you think you can no longer land enough TM down, then drop the door on it before the speed debuff wears off. Then pound it once the door comes back up while retreating everyone you can. So for example I run: Phasma, GS, Rey, QGJ, Teebo if the door is available. Thats good for 600-800k damage depending on how many teebo procs I get.

Once i retreated everyone I run my worst guys into the rancor to build up the door meter and get a chomp out of the way before sending in my second team + whoever escaped. Second team usually has 86, RG, St Han, Lando, etc. 86 and RG are the last ones removed for retreated people.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cowofwar posted:

I have 34 7* 80 toons. Who's next? Lando, Aayla, or jedi knight anakin? I'm thinking JKA will be most useful for arena.

How do you have 34 7* / 80 people but not Lando? Hes really fun.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
the AI will do stuff like always attack the same 'slot' regardless of hero, so you can swap your heroes around within the same team and not affect the RNG roll but will affect who gets targeted. They will also prioritize healers and poo poo which is always annoying. Support champs tend to get targeted a lot I think.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What’s happening next week?
There will be an update next week that introduces a number of new things, including:
Rebalancing of the Credit Heist event, adding additional tiers of difficulty and increased rewards.

The return of the Assault Battles: Military Might event, including a new difficulty tier that is quite challenging.

A new event that replaces the current Training Droids Hunt. This new event will make appearances in the same way that the current Credit Heist event does.
Kit Fisto shards will be available from Cantina Battle 4F.

Lastly, the daily login character for September is our first character from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the Scarif Rebel Pathfinder! In addition to being the daily login character, we have a special event running all throughout September that will allow you to earn one additional shard for Scarif Rebel Pathfinder each day.

Nice

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The new events are great, especially the droid one gives out enough droids to go from like 75 to 80. These events should be available once per week minimum, would really help with the crunch.

I also need furnaces to be back in the shop. I've been saving my arena winnings and I didn't get any in the shop when they were there last time (im asure they showed up when I was unable to access to the app) and I need 2 to level Lando & STH so I can tackle the hardest credit heist :\

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

You're in luck, I saw one in the shop earlier today.

!! I logged in and bought one yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thread who should I furnace first between STH & Lando. They are both G8 right now and I want to make the biggest impact on trying to clear Tier 4 of the credit/droid event

Edit: Looking at the gear list I could probably get Lando to G10, I'm 20 syringes short of 100 to be able to get STH to G10 post furnace

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 1, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Of the 3 times I have faced Palp in arena since his release, I was only able to kill him the first time because it was a 5* with no mods. The next 2 times he stunned my entire team????? Thats pretty strong. He is definitely a strong character on defense because the first action the Ai will take is to deploy a huge stun. Combined with other strong AOE characters palp teams can be obnoxious.

I wouldnt mind annoying team comps in arena if you could just climb during the day and get paid out based on how high you climbed. Rather than this 'snipe back and forth' bullshit. Eating a loss hurts more when youve lost progress + attempts.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They need to make a 100% mod drop rate weekend. I got 0 mods in my last 8 pulls, wtf. I have like 50 of the stupid rectangle offense mods and no arrows or triangles. Mods loving suck rear end.

Kylo sucks rear end too, but I still got him 7* ready, G7, and Im currently leveling him to 80 because he owns. I dont care if he does no damage, him and his moves look cool.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I created a google doc to track my purple & mod farm rates since I was getting tilted seeing no rewards pop up ever.

My mod drop rate is at 15% right now, less if you remove non 5* mods that dropped in the 5* challenge. Also its been 75% grey top left rectangles. So I rarely get rewarded for spending energy, and when I do get a drop its the most abundant mod at the lowest rarity.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Vulpes posted:

I completely breezed through it with 7* Palp, 7* RG, 7* 86, 7* 88 and level 50 5* Vader (and no mods on 86,88,Vader). They didn't even get through my protection. It's really easy, much easier than the Rebel/Clone one.

Same. I had 7* 80 G8 IG-86, 7* 80 G9 Palp, 7* G10 RG, 5* 80 G7 Vader, 6* 80 G8 Hk-47. The only one who even lost any protection was IG-86. It was stupidly easy which is weird after the rebel event took more tries and I had an definitively stronger team. No mods on Vader or Hk-47.

I used Palp AOE on the first wave of hard hitting shitters, then HK-47 on the next wave, then Hk-47 again, then both on the final wave. The waves that didn't have damage boosted idiots I just played straight up. Most of them got 1 shot :confused:

Weird event

edit: even cleared the bonus tier 2 with this team just as easily. Palp op

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

WerrWaaa posted:

I also want more character advice! Time for my next cantina shipment toon: What's more important, Scout for Rebel events or Poe for Speed Mods? Biggs for Rebel events or Pilot for Speed Mods? You can clearly see the two things that I want the most here. What other mods should I be farming toward, and who are my best bet to farm? Should I be angling for stage three clear or is the fist stage with three characters enough?

Edit: keep in mind all of my resources now are going into scoundrels because none of those teams will matter if I can't beat the heists to level them.

IMO speed mods arent that good (its better to have other mods that simply have speed as a secondary or primary stat) and Rebels team is very good to level.

Ideally you will have ST HAN & Lando. Both are scoundrels & rebels! Then you just need 3 more of each branch to fill out your teams. Get Rebel Scout & Biggs over the resistance people.

A Rebels team lets you complete Palpatine Event & Empire Assault! Thats potentially like 4 million credits + shards + 1 OP character. Once you unlock 7* Palpatine you can basically walk through the Ewok event with Palp lead + Royal Guard + literally anything else.

Lando is the key. If you have him at a high level he carries the scoundrel event. Him + ST Han + 1 other scoundrel at a dece level = golden. Focus on rebels after that. I was able to beat the scoundrel tier 4 heist with a lvl 70 dengar 5* G7/G8, Lvl 60 5* Chewie, and Lvl 60 5* IG-88 because I had Lando & St Han at G10 & G9. I filled out my rebel team with Leia, Ackbar, and Hoth Rebel Scout.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
A dev announced PVP tournaments coming in the next 2 weeks and also that they are working on ships

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

Cool, a PvP tournament. Somewhere else Palp can have an unfair advantage over those who didn't do the event.

So it turns out you have to complete tier 1 of the health mod challenge AND defense mod challenge to make 4 pip mods appear in shipments. If you complete tier 2 then 5 pips can appear. And completing tier 3 will increase the chance of 5 pips appearing. This information was taken from the in-game mail they sent me.

What? I thought you had to complete tier 1 of all the challenges. Are you sure its only those 2? If so I will try to do that

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I've gotten 2.5 every time I've cleared Tier 4 the past 4 times. RNG please. :effort:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
If anyone has lots of 7* heroes and wants to get in on a tier 7 raid pls come help us. We finished our last T7 too fast but for some reason we run into trouble this time?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

two_step posted:

Maybe Catte Butte should switch to QGJ, where he could run as many attempts as he wants?

Really recommend this. We actually don't need much help on T7 since we blew through our second one. We just got unlucky with some of our bigger guys not taking this attempt as seriously and ending up in a damage hole.

Even 1 person who can be a top damage dealer for T7 would be enough. We have a lot of noobs and like ~10 people who can do good damage so if you have a good T7 raid squad you're pretty much guaranteed top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mr. Neutron posted:

I got 1 omega, 1 full furnace, 1 full mk5 stun grenade. 1.6m credits and 7 tier 3 ability mats for 0 crystals spent.

I hope they run these weekly :getin:

wtf i placed in top 100 and i got 45 grenades and 40 scanner boxes :(