Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Stalkerr posted:

So, I have $200 laying around not doing anything except sitting in a PayPal account. If I were to spend it on this game, theoretically of course, what would give me the most bang for my buck, as it were?
The beginner pack with Barriss is the only way you should spend money on this lovely game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Tagichatn posted:

The devs said they're looking into the time commitment and difficulty of GW as well as the lack of credit scaling. Who knows if they'll actually change anything though, worst case it'll get "fixed" like the credit event.
Gain piles of credits!!!!!!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I can't even remember the last time I got to take a shot at the QGJ raid before it ended so I say we go to the next difficulty level. Clearly we're overpowered for the tier we're at right now.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This game just instacrashes on me in Bluestacks now since the mod update, anyone else having this problem?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I am coming back to this stupid lovely game after a long time away. There were no ships when I last played so I could use an idiots guide to catching up if anyone has a link to one.

Also I'd love to get some suggestions on the best current teams - who to begin farming in both L/D battles and the cantina, and who to spend GW and Arena tokens on. Thanks in advance!

https://swgoh.gg/u/syrinxx/collection/

I joined a public guild called Forest Goons of Endor, is that actually goons?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Munkaboo posted:

The going advice is to start over completely. You will never come even close to catching up to people on your shard. I did that and don't regret it.
drat I probably have $150 in purchases on this account that seems so extreme :stare:

I guess I could start on a new account and level it up simultaneously but how would I deal with Google Play only holding one account worth of data? (Edit, I just linked it to my other Google Play account and the game even has a blurb about how to switch. Welp here we fuckin go again)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 5, 2018

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My F2P account is approaching 60 and I was wondering what the current cool thing to do after finishing up Phoenix squad is. Should I still plan to work on a wiggs team or is there a better choice now? Was also considering AA (L), STH, Ezra, Leia, Chirrut

Also why does the OP have Sabine in the starter/f2p squad and not Ezra :iiam:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

CubsWoo posted:

Assuming you already have mods I would probably do this:

- Farm ships with fleet currency when you can but make sure you get shards for the longer farm characters when they pop in the Fleet Store like Vader, FOTP, etc (do this in parallel with whatever stage you're on below)

- Finish Phoenix (minus Sabine) to 7* and keep them leveled as you go

- Scoundrels (Boba, STHan, Cad, Chewie, Lando) until you can three-star whatever tier of Credit Heist/Droid Smuggling you're on, by the time you three-star the level 80 tier you can probably also three-star the Crit Damage mod challene

- Empire/Sith (Farm Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and either Royal Guard or Stormtrooper, and use Palpatine and Thrawn once their events rotate around) - gets you R2 and Potency mod challenge

- Take some time here to level and gear some pilots and try to keep climbing the Fleet leaderboards, get Ghost and Phantom II if you don't already have them, you're probably fairly close to 85 at this point

- First Order (Swolo, Masko, FOO, Phasma, and whichever of FOTP and FOST farms from the hard nodes faster) - Gets you BB8, Offense mod challenge and KRU's 7* ship

- Episode 4 (Old Ben, Leia, Farmboy Luke, finish STHan and R2 to 7* if you haven't) - prep for CLS Hero's Journey

- Resistance (Finn, Poe, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Pilot) - Good for raids, speed mod challenges, partial prep for JTR Hero's Journey

- Some easy Jedi to get to 7* like Consular, Luminara or QGJ if you don't already have enough Jedi for the Yoda event

- Long farm Veteran Han and Veteran Chewie for JTR Hero's Journey

- Start filling in characters needed to score high on/solo raids, characters needed for territory battles, eventually get a Jawa team for the Crit Chance challenge and some Ewoks for that event and anything else that you want to panic farm to stay with the meta

Just want to say this is really helpful, thanks!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My 2nd account regularly hits GW teams 10 levels above me and with millions of credits of gear/mods more than I have. I'm pretty certain that I'll never be able to sim GW since I can rarely even finish the last node or two

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

WerrWaaa posted:

Marvel Strike Force just came out in Android so we can grind twice as many character shards.
Came here to post this, seems like a pretty decent game after a small bit of playing. Can't wait to grind baby groot shards orbs for some dumbfuck event

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I can now sim the last node in credit heist and it feels like I beat the game

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New hero seems cool, I'm glad they added Dwight from the office

E: oops I meant Jim. Whatever

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 18, 2018

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Does the "Link a Device" feature of this game allow me to move all my progress from Android to iOS? Thinking of switching to iPad since there are not really any Android tablets worth a poo poo at the $249 price point of the 2017 iPad

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wow I think Bastila is the ticket to me finally getting to 150 wins in GW. Even at 4* and gear VII she loving stomped the entire galactic war table on auto attack.

Bastila (L), Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka

Welp that's my lowbie story you guys can return to your high level discussion now

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

God dammit I started farming Jawas like 3 weeks ago

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ineptitude posted:

iOS users can also automate the friendship point consumption.
Did this on my ipad, thanks. Not sure why people talk about Thrawn and the shard shop? All I see in there is Grievous at a ridiculous exchange rate so I just buy occasional item pieces from there.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What's better for my Jedi arena team, 4* Bastila leader zeta or 7* GMY battle med zeta?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

thrawn527 posted:

Whoa, Bastilla’s farmable. Hard Dark Side 5-B.
Oh poo poo, going all in on Jedi arena now

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I noticed a promo in Target yesterday where if you buy a $50 Play gift card you get 3000 crystals and a 7* Scavenger Rey in GoH. Lesser rewards for $25 and $10 cards.

Forgot to snap a pic but I'm sure there are details on deal sites.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Popete posted:

It's me the guy who has spent zero time on ewoks :cripes:
:same:

I'm still trying to get Holdo so in summary gently caress this ewok poo poo

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Got Thrawn to 7* :boom:

What's the next rare person event that I should start farming/gearing for?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zachack posted:

Which rare ones don't you have and how badly do you want to grind? Do you have R2 or BB8?

Are you in a guild?
I have CLS, Yoda, R2D2 and Thrawn. I'd like to get BB8 for sure.

I am in a guild called Forest Goons of Endor which I thought was actually goons but is not. Would like to join a real goon guild.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

God forbid they do a balance pass on Revan or attempt to make this game fair in any way

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally got Hermit Yoda, can anyone recommend a team for him that doesn't require General Kenobi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mr. Neutron posted:

Oh. Well I hadn't even considered JKR. I didn't think he would have him.
Being that I don't know what JKR stands for, I will assume I don't have him. Also don't have Jolee but I may try out Hermie in my current Jedi team which is zBast, Ezra, Aayla, Old Ben, GMY

I did see someone recommending a zBarris team with him? Anyone run that before?

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 6, 2019