Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I just unlocked Vader, but I'm extremely tight on training droids. Is he worth using? My current A-squad is Sid, GS, Lumi, RG, QGJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Cheers, I'll just let him sit there till he's big and strong, or it starts raining training droids. Thanks to all the double GW I have like 7 million credits and I can't spend them.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

rabidsquid posted:

So for the past two days my cantina refresh has cost 100 crystals and i swear they used to be 50. Is this a nerf or a bug?

Regular energy refreshes go 50/50/100/200, Cantina goes 100/200/400.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

rabidsquid posted:

With the double rewards I am tempted to spend another 200 crystals on cantina refreshes since I am trying to star up a GS and get some QGJ shipments.

It's the same value proposition as spending 100 on a regular day, which I generally end up doing, so it seems worth it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
IGD reset times are great for me, but I'm in a weird time zone. Wouldn't object to changing to EST, but UTC would suck sweaty balls.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Jedi Knight Luke is eventually able to beat Vader in a lightsaber battle, which is probably the first lightsaber battle Vader has EVER lost.

Since becoming Vader he's fought about three lightsaber battles in total, so that's not as impressive as it sounds. He's even 1:1 against Luke.

When (if) we do get Jedi Luke I imagine he'll be close to impossible for the average player to attain anyway, like new Han.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Are you forgetting about the part where he hunted down leftover Jedi?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Purge

Didn't realise that was still canon. Fair enough! Pity he's such a chump in-game.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I got in basically ground-floor on a fresh shard (just hit 60), and the whales are hilariously obvious. Just about everyone in the top #50 are regular F2P (or mostly F2P) players like me, have mostly 5*/6* and the occasional 7*, mostly G7/G8 - a nice even playing field. Then there's the guy with 7* Grievous and just about every other character at least 5*, including 7* Leia and 6* Wedge.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
http://swgoh.gg/u/stacker/

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I am at 70/80 Rey shards and I've gone 4 entire days (16 refreshes) without seeing Rey shards in the guild store. RNG is a dick.

On the plus side, I've finally got STHan high enough to slot him into my Arena squad and boy does his taunt win battles in the 60s. Dunno if it'll stay relevant but it's pretty awesome.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
T7 is easier than T6 if you have a full guild of whales with deep 7* rosters. For us, not so much.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
On my April shard I have been able to regularly take #1 as F2P with Ben(L)/STHan/RG/Rey/QGJ. It's an amazing combo, pretty much the only thing I can't deal with is Sun Fac, and there are only about 2 whales on my shard so it's easy enough to work around them. I usually only slip to around #15-#20 overnight so it's pretty good on defence as well.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Maxed STHan and Lando plus some 60/g7ish dregs was enough to clear both events at max tier. Failed a couple of times, droids event was much easier than credits one for me but that might have been RNG.

The elite in the second wave of credit heist is bugged, I think they dropped a digit in his speed because he basically does nothing all fight and his turn meter barely moves.

I wish they'd given useful salvage from the droid event, but everything else is awesome so I can't complain.

With this, Palpatine and the Military Might event coming back, things are looking pretty sweet.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

IGD: I'm going to start alternating the raid time. Post if you have a strong opinion on this.

I strongly support alternating it. The current 'do damage' raid period is around 3am-5am my time, which isn't exactly convenient.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

dandaman posted:

Same here..... is this game getting.... better??????

I wish they would do something about the ridiculous speed meta, but other than that everything is pretty groovy right now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I completely breezed through it with 7* Palp, 7* RG, 7* 86, 7* 88 and level 50 5* Vader (and no mods on 86,88,Vader). They didn't even get through my protection. It's really easy, much easier than the Rebel/Clone one.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
PVP tournament sounds awesome. Assuming they keep it sharded rather than just lumping everyone in together. I hope we'll see a new character as part of the prize structure, maybe Jedi Luke? Hopefully it's not just more raid gear and crystals, that's a bit boring.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Spakstik posted:

So we'll make this PvP tournament, right, and we'll have them fight through, I dunno, let's say twelve rounds of battles against other people's arena teams, and fights will naturally get increasingly difficult as you go on, okay? It'll be like one long campaign. War on a galactic scale, if you will.

It'll basically just be arena except bigger prizes weekly instead of smaller ones daily. I can't really think what they could do to make it more dynamic but still be 'pvp'. Unless each tournament has a gimmick or a restricted character set. Ultimate Jawa fighting!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For people who aren't noticing when Credit Heist / Droid Smuggling goes live, for me at least every time they have come up I also get a popup about the Scoundrel Pack at the same time.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Some of the pvp stuff got datamined, there are level brackets, no faction restrictions(it seems), you can set a separate defensive squad and the rewards include raid gear.

Also, it seems scoring is based on enemy characters killed vs your surviving characters, rather than just win/loss, which might lead to slightly different squad comps and strategies.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, the 'pay to revive a dead character' idea is going to make it whale city. I hope they have second thoughts about that, or at least limit it to once per character per day or something.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So it turns out the new tournament doesn't use the same player pools as arena. I'm from an April shard and being placed with people who, judging by their number of pvp battles completed (3,000+) have been playing since launch.

So much for that. :shrug:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

I'm not sure how pools are supposed to work for this, because it's rolling out to different regions at different times.

Yeah, after seeing that I assume players are pooled by region. Which still sucks for us late starters. It's a whale's game anyway - absolutely zero chance I will ever acquire the Shoretrooper. On the plus side, chances are no-one else on my shard will either, so I won't have to deal with it in Arena.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

BobTheDestroyer posted:

5 mil + 10 mil. Pls help, I don't know what to do with all this wealth

Level 80 Ugnaught, obviously.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I've dropped Palp from my lineup because I was sick of his inconsistency with the aoe stun. Now back to using QGJ - the dispel helps with STH and RG (several teams in my top 20 run both) and he brings the damage buff as well. Wedge/Biggs/STH/QGJ/Lando.

Now that my Wedge is finally 7* G10 I am climbing back into the top 10 again. This is on a soft April shard though, none of this beta/launch bullshit.

Having to use AA over Lando is a real testament to how hosed up the speed meta is right now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Has it been confirmed whether all of the currently missing gear slots for characters will be filled with new gear, or are some of them potentially going to be filled with existing gear? Would be nice to know if I should be stockpiling raid gear rather than gearing up my C squad.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Hoping for another tier of challenges that will give the non-raid-only purples (stun cuffs, stun guns etc) .

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
They announced the fleet commanders a couple of weeks back. Supposition at the moment is that Ackbar will buff Rebels, Tarkin Imperials and Windu Jedi (and maybe clones?) Not much information about how any of it is going to work though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I arranged the pilots by faction for interest's sake. Some factions a lot less represented than I'd expect, others far more (Separatist?)

Resistance
Resistance Pilot
Poe

First Order
First Order Tie Pilot
Kylo Ren

Empire
Tie Fighter Pilot

Jedi
Ahsoka Tano
Jedi Knight Anakin
Plo Koon
Yoda
Jedi Consular

Clone
Rex
Clone Sergeant Phase One

Scoundrel
Boba Fett
Cad Bane
Nute Gunray

Separatist
Geonosian Soldier
Sun Fac
Geonosian Spy
Nute Gunray

Rebel
Bistan
Biggs
Wedge

Sith
Darth Maul

Notable missing characters:

Han
Luke
Lando
Rey

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm Rank 29 at 6,169 points with rank 25 less than 100 away. I have 100k AP left. I'm not sure, but I think with a little luck I can squeak by into top 25 after the roster refresh. More realistically I'll miss the cut and have to settle for top 100, which is still respectable so I can't complain.

I finished at roughly the same number of points but rank 350. Luck of the draw with brackets seems massively more important than your roster or the number of ally points you have to burn.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Now that I'm almost level 85 (~2k xp to go), I'm just going to save up Crystals so I can buy Shore shipments -- if he's in shipments (I think he is?).

I haven't seen him in shipments. Might just be unlucky though.

These tournaments are already starting to snowball. People who got Shoretrooper have a much easier time getting Chirrut, and in turn will have a much easier time getting the next tournament character and so forth. Hopefully they intend to run these often enough that even people who are only getting 10-20 shards per time will eventually unlock the characters. Otherwise it's going to unbalance the game towards whales even more than it is already.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It's a drawback. The ship is supposed to be extra good to compensate, no idea if that's true though.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That's super useful, thanks Mal.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Someone convince me that levelling and gearing Raid Han isn't a good idea. It just seems like he would do so well against Wiggs teams, droid teams, basically anyone who doesn't have Shore or Baze (which on my soft shard is pretty much everyone). He's a rebel as well so it seems like he'd be a natural fit for a Wiggs/Lando team. Only thing stopping me is that I don't see anyone else using him, ever, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I feel like I'm misunderstanding something about the way tournament brackets get put together. I started the tournament at about five minutes past the hour, and started out placed about 800th, suggesting there were 800 players when I joined. But the top 25 were already all over 3,000 points, making it pointless for me to even try to participate.

Am I missing something here or should I just give up on these stupid tournaments and save myself the stress?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

They missed a loving chance to make the TFP's ship a TIE Interceptor and I'm never going to forgive them for that.

He's TIE Fighter Pilot, not TIE Interceptor Pilot!

Managing to stay in the top 100 of my shard having only spent about 50k points, still got about 200k left. Don't want to spend all of them just to stay in top 100, but top 25 looks too far away to be realistic. I guess I'll have to wait until next tournament to get the ship.

Chilichimp posted:

You can get 5 vader shards for just signing up and doing nothing else.

He means character shards. I'm also not sure how much of my money I should be spending on Sun Fac/Vader over ships. Sun Fac is still such a beast though, I really should unlock him.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Imperial Tie is probably the weakest ship so far, mostly because it has 0 protection. I don't know yet if it ever gets protection, so that's really weird.

Tie Fighters don't have shields, that's kinda their thing. It has high evasion to supposedly compensate, but the jury is still out on whether it's a suitable replacement.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Also, I just ran my brand new Arena team, and I'm loving it.

EP (L): 30k EHP, 205 Speed, 74% Potency
JKA: 53k EHP, 50% CC, 186% CD, 2900 Phys Dmg.
RG: 77k EHP,
Shoretrooper (3* G8): 40k EHP
TFP: 18k EHP, 255 Speed, 59% Potency, 49% Crit

Been playing this the last couple of days as well (thankfully 230 speed is enough for TFP on my shard, which means I've got him up to 88% potency). Working pretty well. Important lesson - if opponent is running Rex, always hit him with the TFP ability block first.

Went from struggling to stay in top 20 to getting 5th and 3rd the last two days, pretty happy.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Android users got a free Rogue One pack. Hardly being given Shoretrooper, you had to be close already to get it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, don't try to get all the new heroes, just focus on starring and gearing some of them. One maxed hero (particularly if it's someone super useful) is infinitely more valuable than half a dozen lovely ones. I'm going to completely ignore Jyn and save my tourney points for Vader's ship whenever it comes back. K-2SO gets 7* for free for Android users so he's probably worth gearing and levelling, if you can afford it. If nothing else he should replace Nebit in droid teams.

On a related note, Mace's capital ship is nuts. The target lock on demand is amazing with Biggs, and the ultimate becomes available much sooner than you'd expect. My Endurance is only at 10k power to Home One's 16k, and still I'm never going back.

My ship shard has zero whales, which is awesome. But there's this one random guy who has about 95k fleet power but somehow has a 7* TIE Advanced x1 along with all of his 2* and 3* ships. Would love to know how he managed that.