Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Wintermutant posted:

Speaking of Shoretrooper though, is he worth working on if I've only got him at 3*? I don't really have any other pressing projects, if that makes a difference.

Star level doesn't affect protection, and Shore is mostly just there to be a wall. So he's great even at 3*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Jerkface posted:

I made ThatsNoGoon an apply to join guild feel free to send an invite request.

Applied as Stacker. Not sure if I like the game yet but maybe it'll grow on me.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Dark side getting all the love right now. Guessing the other two will be KotOR as well. Zader sith team looking good!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I have no desire to leave IGD. Getting Kenobi would be cool but honestly the amount of effort required, mod swapping and everything makes me very ambivalent about it. He's not so game-breaking that I feel like I must have him. Happy to try heroic again though, see how much closer we are since last time.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

mushroom_spore posted:

Has anyone else been having server/connection issues today? I guess it could just be me; the game has been getting steadily more and more bugged the last few weeks. First it stopped working while on wi-fi, and somewhere around the same time it decided it needed to constantly download several mb of whatever the gently caress every time I play, which my data plan could just barely handle. (I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and whatever else the devs and other players suggested, nothing worked.) And then all day today it won't even log in.

I enjoy this dumb game but I think it's trying to break up with me. :psyduck:

EDIT: Wait it finally logged in. I'm sure that'll last about five minutes.

ANOTHER EDIT: Pretty much, yeah. I won an arena match and my team is now just kinda loitering in an empty field. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Yeah mine's been similar, although not connection issues but other glitches. Repeated instances of arena and ship arena just freezing, nobody attacking and turning on auto does nothing. The app has also hard crashed several times in arena over the last few weeks, something it had never done previously.

I blame power creep messing with the ones and zeros.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

rocket_Magnet posted:

nodes 6 9 & 11 (& 12, but not for me still always broken :smug: ) are commonly much harder than the nodes preceding or proceeding them I've found.

Yeah, that's by design.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

MichiganCubbie posted:

The only downside to this is that you lose out on the better raid gear rewards if you've got seven star Han, but it does help the guild as a whole.

If you're desperate for the raid gear rewards no-one will begrudge you tryharding it even with 7* Han. It's just a cool idea for those of us who have more furnace/scanner etc pieces than we know what to do with.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yes, both excellent changes. Nice to see they listen to the community, eventually.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

fishtobaskets posted:

I agree. I'm just basing that assessment on the numbers I see in our raid. The top 5 guys put out dmg in the 2-3 million range. Everybody else is 500kish or less.

That's how it looks in IGD HPit too - the people posting the big numbers have good phase 1 teams and can be bothered with the time it takes to solo phase 1 and into phase 2. All of the people doing 2-3 million damage are doing the same 2-3 million damage, so it's misleading.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
In my experience everyone has an autotaunter so TFP always ends up wasting his block on them instead. I've found having a faster Boba to be far more valuable.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Jerkface posted:

Tfp ability blocking 1 guy is good but itz really the buff immunity thats important. You want to have all their people who can taunt get hit by it. If you are facing a GK team he will get taunt invariably from your boba aoe

TFP will go well before any manual taunter even with second-rate speed mods. GK is a problem if your Boba is acting first, but Their TFP > Your TFP > Your Boba > Their Boba works out pretty well.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So I just spent 1500 crystals on mod shop refreshes (apparently there's a daily limit, which I have now found), and didn't get a single mod worth mentioning. I'd be annoyed that I could have spent the crystals on a raid drop, but honestly Arena is 90% mods, 10% gear these days.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Jerkface posted:

does the price go up per refresh?? or did you just refresh the store 100 times

It stays at 15. So yeah, 100 refreshes, no purple or yellow mods with speed secondary for credits in ANY slot.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

There's also a bug with the "A Delivery Awaits" daily activity, it's not counting anything. I'd say expect some hot fixes during the day.

I had mine completed but not collected when the update hit, and it actually erased the credit. Impressive.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
He has very high speed and only a one-turn taunt, which makes him a pretty sub-par tank, especially with no auto-taunt. Interesting kit for survivability but that's not much use when the rest of your team are dead.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
That's some Eve-level political poo poo right there. People takin' phone games pretty seriously!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

How did he get clones in both P2 and P4?

Retreat them after p2 is cleared, I guess?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I love how the first thing they do after releasing an amazing QoL change to team selection is release an event that not only doesn't allow you to select your teams, but doesn't even remember them between days/levels so you have to select them manually every single time. :bravo:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Tinkering with Sith Assassin in my Zaul comp (replacing Sid) to try and get around these Rex/Chirrut/GK teams that are 80% of the top 10 on my shard. A lot of it comes down to which order my guys go once their turn meters are all 100%. Maul first and lands Daze on the dispellers? Everything is groovy. If Palp or Vader go first I have to use a single target attack to avoid Rex getting a poo poo-ton of TM (even then a single crit can be enough to get him to 100% depending on his speed).

It's still a crapshoot, but at least it's a winnable crapshoot now. And it doesn't seem to have hurt my ability to take out other Zaul/Zader/Jedi teams.

Anyone else in the same boat have any advice to share?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

*her special, but whatever. This is the math you'll need to understand how to order your guys. I would recommend that you run SA > Zaul > EP > others. I'm guessing that 250 is a reasonable goal for SA's speed, so that means 312.5 speed, so you want Zaul at 137.5, so probably round up to 138 just to be safe (although running Maul faster won't hurt). Run every other Sith at 137 (or maybe 136) or slower to make sure that you maintain this order. Having your other Sith running slowly kinda sucks, so I don't know if this'll work or not, but it's how you guarantee that Maul goes right after SA.

Awesome, thanks Mal. I'll play with speed mods and see what feels good. Mine aren't that great so I can only get SA to around 240, but it's still the same logic once I jiggle the numbers.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Vulpes posted:

Awesome, thanks Mal. I'll play with speed mods and see what feels good. Mine aren't that great so I can only get SA to around 240, but it's still the same logic once I jiggle the numbers.

Trip report - after playing around with a complicated spreadsheet for three hours (for a phone game? jesus gently caress), I have rejiggered my speeds so that Maul always goes first after SA, and it kicks rear end. Plus, because I don't need to focus on speed over everything else for Palp, Vader and Nihilus, they are hitting much harder. Only run a couple of matches so far but it feels light years better than it did.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

That sounds like too much work. Take screenshots of your mod setups.

Trying to get Palp/Nihilus/Vader as fast as possible, but also under a specific speed value, and in a specific order, but still having good stats and mod sets, working with a limited mod pool. It's not a straight-forward equation to solve. I'm pretty happy with where it's at now though. Took on the toughest guy (for me) on the shard, who runs Rex/Zylo/GK/Chaze, and while I didn't win, it came down to a 1v1, which is much better than previously when I would struggle to kill a single one of his guys before dying.

Here's my swgoh.gg link if you have any critiques, but I think it's as good as it's going to get until I get some better mods.

https://swgoh.gg/u/stacker/

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

nfthree posted:

36 GW Runs:

GW Reset = 12AM
Guild Reset = 7:30 PM
Shard Reset = 12AM

Do Monday's GW retreating on node 1. (12)
Guild resets at 7:30 PM so do Monday's GW after 7:30PM
When done reset and do Tuesday's but before midnight. (12)
After midnight do the next GW. (12)

Is that right? The shard reset and GW reset being the same time confuses me.

That's correct. Do two in the first 'half' of the guild reset window, then the other one first thing the next day.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Burning_Monk posted:

This might seem like a silly question, but say I have two nodes one cost 8 energy one cost 12 energy. Is there a higher chance for one to give a shard than the other? I could technically run the 8 energy more but does it give less return on shards? Not worried about the other items.

Chance of shards is the same regardless of energy cost. So always farm the cheaper nodes when you can.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

They'll put baze and Chirrut behind a hard modes, they'll each get a node, jyn will be a cantina energy, cassian will be cantina currency, and K2 will move to GW.

Lets see how I do.

I hope they're Dark Side nodes so I can actually beat them without already having Chaze unlocked.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally found an Arena team that seems to be working for me. Zaul, Palp, Nihilus, Boba, Zavage. Managed to take #1 spot and I've been using my spare attempts to practice against the Rex/GK/Zylo teams in #2-#4 while I wait for payout, and I'm 3/3 so far.

I'm impressed with Zavage. Even at G10 he is tanky as hell, and the AI doesn't complete ignore him like some other tanky toons. His dispel is also pretty clutch at times, removing a stun or ability block can be a massive benefit.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Coming up on my next Zeta. Current team is Zaul, Zavage, EP, Nihilus + 1. Can't decide between Boba or Sid for the zeta and 5th spot. Sid has synergy and seems like he would be a reliable damage powerhouse (and the healing debuff is pretty great against Chaze). Boba can single-handedly flip the outcome of a match with his execute, but I don't know how much his Zeta really helps most of the time. My Kylo is only 4* and not geared so he's not really an option, though he will probably be the next zeta after this one.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll gear Kylo up and spend a few extra crystals trying to knock him into shape. I should have been doing it sooner but I never really thought about it, in my head he was always one of those heroes I couldn't get, like Chirrut and Baze. But his grind really isn't that bad.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

The main problem with Sun Fac for chirpatine is that he doesn't have any way to generate TM passively on his own, so if he doesn't get a taunt off before ST Han dies, you can get into trouble. Which is why RG is so brilliant for covering that gap.

Also his counters kill the droids and ruin palps TM gain from shocks.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I wish the app was reliable enough that I old do that. Half the time when I pause it and task switch it just dies in the background and the app starts again from scratch next time I open it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah his whole schtick is that he's a wannabe Sith, not a real one.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Highly unlikely they will refund a Zeta after they fix it to actually work as advertised. Unless there's some precedent I don't know about.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

so far this is the only post in favor of changing up the haat start time, i'm going to leave it be for now

My timezone is such that I either miss the start or the end depending on am or pm start, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

On a related note, I'm going to be moving to the other side of the world in a few weeks, has anyone had experience with asking CG to change their account timezone so that I can keep my arena payout at a time that I'm actually conscious?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CaptainPsyko posted:

You're boned.

Well that's encouraging. I guess I'll submit a ticket anyway, might get lucky.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
More of a general meta speculation question. I currently have a maxed Sith team with which I can easily get #1 on my shard provided I have time to play at the right hour. I want to make sure that I use this time to get as much ahead of the meta as possible.

Currently I'm spending my energy farming shards for Nihilus, Baze, Sarge and Veers, and the rest on annoying gear like stun cuffs and stun guns. With cantina energy I'm farming Deathtrooper since he seems like a solid standalone dude.

I'm considering one or more of the following options for the next few weeks or longer. Favoring option 1 at the moment, since HAAT is going to stay relevant for a while.

1. Gear up clone troopers and farm Chirpa with cantina, for HAAT. I have all clones at 7* except Sarge who is at 6*, all are level 1 with no gear except Rex who's 85/G8.
2. Comedy 'Imperial Troopers' option
3. Gear up R1 rebels (I have 4* Jyn, 3* Baze, 4* Chirrut, 7* Cassian and K2)
4. Spend energy farming gear to G11 Kenobi once I get him (only at 66/145 so far)

Here's my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/stacker/

I know it's kind of a crapshoot since we don't know how things are going to move in the next couple of months, but does anyone have any advice?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

fishtobaskets posted:

The sad news is that lightside 9c is pretty difficult. You need a team at g10/11, a heavy duty assist, and a lot of luck

The only hard thing about 9c is making it past 9b.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I don't see why they'd remove Tattooine Luke, it's not like there aren't already several 'duplicate' characters.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Note that the chart assumes you're spending cantina energy on mods rather than shards.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Oh good, a third Han Solo character. Now we just need Young Han and Old Han and we can have a Han-only team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I need some tips on dealing with, of all things, Zariss. I literally can't scratch any team that she is on with my Wedge/GK/Chaze/R2 comp - too many people not hitting hard enough to get past the heals. Between her, GK and sometimes Rex there's no way to land any kind of effective healing debuff for long enough for it to matter. I'm all for paper scissors rock but subbing one toon on to a team shouldn't make it completely unbeatable for anything but a very specific comp.

Nobody else seems to think she's overpowered, so obviously I'm missing something?