Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

RC Cola posted:

TB did start back up again, so make sure you get your attacks in today. Do the special Phoenix missions if you can

This is important. Even if the territory is at 3*, you can still contribute by doing the special phoenix mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, some phase 2 info if you haven't started yet:
1. The special Rogue 1 fight is hard, probably the hardest fight in this phase. If you don't have a solid team, it's ok to skip it so you can preserve your baze/chirrut for a regular fight.
2. Platoons want a lot of wedge/biggs, so please check those before you commit them in fights.
3. Hold your deploys for now. If you must deploy, target the bottom territory, unless you see that we are 3* there.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

Are platoons random?

they claim randomness but there are a lot more biggs/wedge/baze/chirrut requests than say jedi counselor or clone war chewbacca

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The real dick move would be having Grevious as the next cap ship commander.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, I'm proposing a change to our procedures for the tank raid. We're getting it done pretty quickly, so my suggestion is that that we start treating it the same as the rancor: 24 hour damage hold (no more p1 on start), and then free for all once the 24 hours is up. This change does not apply to the tank raid being started tonight.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Rex is probably the best mix-meta leader in the game. If you've got him and R2 geared and zeta'd, I'd say take the plunge. I held top 50 during the triple cleanse meta with that squad and it should do okay now if the gear and mods are up to par.

I'm currently running Rex(l), CLS, GK, Thrawn, Nihilus. I take first every day and drop into the teens/low 20s overnight. I'm running rex due to the prevalence of raid Hans on my server.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I still have some room on my friends list for folks who'd like to borrow a strong CLS on light side and a zeta'd Maul on dark side: 277-649-861

Also it looks like they just gave everyone 80 shards towards Kylo (old Kylo) as a cross promo for Battlefront 2.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

X_ThePerfect posted:

I restarted this game - having not played for a really long time. I've been through the OP and added myself to the spreadsheet, but am still a bit clueless. Is it worth splurging all my crystals on arena for an initial boost? Looking at the rankings for my shard, the top 50 includes some really weak teams so I should be able to get there easily enough if I had more opportunities.

Are there any spaces in goon guilds? Although I appreciate I probably can't contribute anything at this point!

depending on where you are, you might be better off starting fresh rather than using an old account. you'll be impossibly far behind in the arena otherwise, unless you never unlocked arena previously

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, here's our strategy for Territory Wars:

1. Deploy around 4 teams of varying strength to 4 different territories, and one fleet (ships are the back two on the top row).
2. Hold back your resistance team, phoenix team (because these teams tend to do better on offense), and your arena team
3. Tomorrow, when the fight starts, try to select matches where you you believe you will have close wins. Any given offense team only fights once, so there's no need to set up a match where you crush the enemy team while taking no damage.
4. Similarly, don't start a fight where you're going to be crushed without getting at least one kill, because defending teams work like GW, where they keep damage but also keep turn meter.
5. This is a learning experience for everyone, don't get too worked up about it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
TW was actually pretty fun, but giving both sides of a tie loser rewards is lame.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

CaptainPsyko posted:

You want to spend about 2100 on double drops.

yes, don't go past the 400 crystal refresh point, beyond that buying shards from shipments is cheaper. For double drops this is. 200 crystals is the cutoff for non-double drops.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

GW characters-- Is K2 worth it or should I focus ships? Arena-- Cassian for rebels/u-wing? Savage or Sidious for Sith squad? Asajj for HAAT?

Prioritize ships to the point where you can unlock the zeta challenge.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
SM went through at least 4 different iterations of HAAT raid rules as we got better at it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ineptitude posted:

So Chimera is apparently coming around again the 17th.

How difficult is this event? I have been preparing lately and have all rebel ships at 5* except Bistan's ship which i don't have at all. (I also have Bigg's X and Cassians' U at 7*)
I also have all related pilots at 7*, with an average of GL9. (Except KS-2 which is 4* and GL6)

If i want to increase my success for this event, where should i focus my stuff? For multi-crew ships do all crew members count equally or is the "pilot" (e.g. top left) a bigger contributor?
Is the amount of combat usefulness of a ship related to how much GP that hero gets when i level something up on that hero? E.g. will leveling a skill from 6 to 7 instead of another skill from 3 to 4 make that ship more useful in combat?

5* Chimera wasn't difficult. The hard part is having the required ships (5 rebels, including both Ghost and Phantom). To increase pilot power, simple things you can do are giving them mods (the type of mod doesn't matter, just the number of dots and the mod level) and increasing their skill levels. Gear level helps also, but you should have decently geared Biggs, Wedge, and Phoenix (to get Thrawn himself).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons:

There's a lot of interest in changing our raid time start from 8am/8pm pacific to always starting at Noon pacific. We've got a day before we're ready to start any new raids, so if changing to this start time is a problem, please speak up.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone got a problem with 11am PST?

We're now aiming for 11am PST raid start times. Also we'll limit to 1 raid per day. Again, comment if this will be a problem (Something Maulful goons).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons: Starting today we're changing raids 9:00 am pacific time. We'll also limit to a single raid per day. Raid rules once started remain the same (24 hour zero damage hold, 30 minute damage hold on rancor once it starts). If this is causing problems for anyone, let me know and we can continue to adjust.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
They've stated that no more characters will be added to most of the shops. The only ones that could potentially get new characters are the guild store and the Guild Events store.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
To make this as painless as possible, do this:

For each of your arena characters (who presumably have your best mods), go to the character, then mod mod management, then assign load out, then tap the "create load out from" button. This will save the load outs so you don't have to remember who had what.

Then go to your bounty hunters, and assign one of your arena team load outs to each one. Once you win(!), you can then easily reassign the mods back to your arena characters.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ChickenWing posted:

Reading the op has been a fun experience wherein I discover that I appear to have done a great many things very wrong, the first of which was finding a game that seemed neat and not immediately looking for the goon thread as soon as I latched :cripes:

It's never too late. Come to the discord channel at least.