Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I kicked off a raid (t6), since we had the currency and I didn't see any messaging to hold off on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Whenever I don't get raid loot, I force-close app, then open it. Works Every. Single. Time.

Speaking of force closing, I'd like to suggest that everyone force close their app prior to participating in the t7 raid, since the in-game chat stops responding well after a while. I know you can get around it by typing something in, but I think it's better to keep down the spam of people typing "." or whatever.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
With the kind assistance of QGJ we finished the raid.

If we try again, here are some suggestions that could help:

1. don't do more than one round in phase 2 and 3. this lets you take maximum advantage of the door drop
2. remember that you can retreat (gear in the upper left, then tap retreat) to quit out of the fight with no penalty. unlike Galactic War, you get a different chance for RNG to go in your favor, so use this freely.
3. Just a suggestion on my part, but I feel that the top players should reserve as much as possible for phase 4, even if this means they skip a fight in phase 2 and 3. We seemed to clear those phases pretty easily.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging! What did you all get?

Yeah as people have said, I think the top 10 finishers all get at least 40 pieces of raid gear salvage, some han shards, and 15 pieces of the top level purple salvage

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I got 153k with my star team in p4. Had to retry a bunch of times until teebo finally managed to stick a tm down.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey guys, GW is badly bugged right now, you lose your team when you finish a node. Don't fight GW until it's fixed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder to use up your cantina energy before 4 or so Pacific time, double rewards will be ending around then.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The update is mind boggling. I've never seen such an extreme balance shift in a game before. Pokemon go just released an update where you can't even log in and I think this is a bigger blunder.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Do mods change power rating? I haven't noticed and I dont have the energy to get a new mod to check. If they dont this is gonna be hell. There needs to be a way to view an arena teams composition and see their mods and stuff without it 'refreshing' your choices. Whenever I click on an individual member of a team and go back my opponent choices have been refreshed. Makes it a pain in the rear end to scout.

This also fucks up game knowledge things, where you are rewarded for playing by understanding things like 'my rey will definitely kill X enemy at Y health+protection' or whatever. Now heroes will randomly have a million more health & protection, or have something invisible like extra defense that means they survive with a sliver of health.

Mods have no effect on power, so yes, you can totally discard the "Gear, Level, Stars" approach to determining how strong an enemy character is.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
On the official forums, some guy was able to solo a t7 raid. This is less than a day since mods came out.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Inkel posted:

Recruiting him to GGA :getin:

By this time next week, all guilds should be able to at least complete t7.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

We've got a T7 going in IGD. Probably tomorrow too. They gave us something like 90k credits for the recent gently caress-ups. I'm almost 50% through P1. I would recommend people pile on so that we waste as much damage as possible.

e: Made with paint, so don't judge

Bow before Rey the Almighty

Order of mods is Top LR Mid L, Mid R Bot LR

I don't think the mods can get much better than this (aside from rolling these with +speed and +%crit for set bonuses). I don't think % health will do more than flat health (if you can get % for this stat). There's some room for improvement in secondary stats, but overall I got some crazy rolls (+15 speed).

i can't get any of the speed arrow mods. I got two worthless crit avoidance ones instead :mad:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Well, now that I've spent all my credits on updating mods, I guess I can go back to the regular cantina. I couldn't afford to upgrade more mods even if I got them.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Considering how much it costs to upgrade mods now, I'm not even going to farm them anymore. I can't keep up with the ones we get from raids, and those are better anyway.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Herux posted:

what raid drops mods? GGA still doing t5 i think.

Starting at T6, you should start getting 6* mods. A full set of trash mods should at least double the power of a character, so you shouldn't be stuck at T5 for long.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu posted:

Considering how much it costs to upgrade mods now, I'm not even going to farm them anymore. I can't keep up with the ones we get from raids, and those are better anyway.

:nallears:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with them?

Whoever made the change was doing it with some product manager yelling at him and was probably sleep deprived

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
HK-47 and IG-88 are both cornerstones of a droid team.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got an update, here's the only significant change:

Snowtrooper: "Assault Training" now correctly grants Turn Meter to Empire allies.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

tadashi posted:

Can anyone explain the sets in this guide to me in easy to understand language? I don't get how he calls the first set "health" but the first stat he talks about is Speed.

Does that mean it's the guide to follow if the first stat on the gear is health and the second stat is speed? I'm lost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit#gid=0

Primary stat and set bonus. The first set is the health set bonus. Specifically, for slot two (the arrow looking one) you ideally want a speed primary bonus, and depending on the character you may want it from the health set.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Stunt Rock posted:

Maybe I'm playing it wrong but this game doesn't seem to have the most generous F2P options. It's also possible I'm spoiled from Future Fight, but it seems like farming up characters takes forever and I really hit a wall in the late 30s.

Plus none of the random deals that have popped up have really tempted me, and I'm hesitant to put money into a game when I haven't decided completely if it's a garbage toilet game or a good toilet game.

My best advice to you as a f2p player is to work as hard as possible getting a strong arena team, and then push as much as possible getting a high rank, even to the point of spending crystals on refreshes.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you've been following the recent drama around No Man's Sky (someone bought a stolen or otherwise street date broken copy of the game and has been posting about it), the guy who bought the game is a member of one of the top whale guilds in this game. So he's already predisposed to have more money than sense.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm currently all in on Jawas, because of 1) the upcoming new raid and 2) Critical Damage Mods

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Changed to dooku/rg/rey/st-han/qgj from old ben/rey/qgj/rg/dakka.
It feels to me that old Ben/ sthan is one of the strongest combos

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder that QGJ will be starting a raid tomorrow morning around 9 pacific time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I wish I could make an account on swgoh.gg, but my email address is too long and I don't care enough.

Regardless, I started not too long ago and I've almost reached level 50. The Bronzium cards have been kind to me, and I've gotten Luminara Unduli, Plo Koon, Poggle the Lesser, IG-100 MagnaGuard, and Ewok Elder. I got Savage Opress out of the Dark Side Starter, and I've also gotten Geonosian Soldier, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Princess Leia. Currently I'm working on getting Count Dooku, Captain Phasma, and Old Ben. Anyone else I should work on?

The answer is Rey. The answer is always Rey.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Popete posted:

Any suggestions for my Scoundrel squad?

So far I have Boba Fett (7 Star), Lando (4 Star), IG-88 (3 Star), Dengar (4 Star) and STHAN (4 Star). Obviously a bunch of those characters need work but I'm curios if I should be swapping any of these guys out.

STHan is probably the best taunting tank in the game, and I hear that Lando is a real monster fully leveled and geared. I'd focus on those two.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So I've mentioned before that Old Ben/STHan teams always gave me trouble, but I've figured out a strat that pretty much trivializes them. My normal squad is a boring Phasma (L), QGJ, Rey, STHan, RG team, but against Old Ben/STHan, I sub in Yoda for the RG. The enemy team usually wastes their QGJ debuff on Rey's foresight, and Yoda is fast enough that he can do his team tenacity up before Ben acts, so he ends up wasting his big debuff. This team kinda sucks on defense though.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Mal mentioned starting the raid, but it's after 10 and still nothing. I'm going to start it, but, as usual, wait until 9 am pst before you do any actual damage. Mal may want to override this, but at a minimum wait for damage until tomorrow.

Edit: the only way I'm getting five 7* characters is if I finish up Luke :/

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 18, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I had some thoughts on extending raid availability for folks. Basically making the first 3 phases last longer by requiring people to wait once they reach a certain point:

1. Phase 1: Wait until 10 to end your attack, pause once you hit the enrage timer, clear the level, or are down to 2 people.
2. Phase 2: Wait until 11 to end your attack, pause once the door goes back up
3. Phase 3: Same as Phase 2, except wait until 12.

This gives people 3 hours to get in on one of the "money" phases.

Might be too late to implement for this raid but maybe the next one?

Note: all times are pacific, raid starts at 9 for reference.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 18, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Empire stuff

Magamatrooper is also empire. He has aoe turn meter removal, but I think terrible potency?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

UmOk posted:

Have an expose question. It is supposed to damage 20% health when damage is taken. Is that 20% on top of the damage from the attack? If not it seems pretty crap.

It's a bonus. You'll see 2 different numbers when you hit an exposed enemy.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you have a 2* unlocked Lando, you got him from a twitter promotion several months ago.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Swapped to phasma/rg/st-han/qgj/rey

This is my arena team too. If I'm facing Ben, especially Ben + STHan, I'll substitute Yoda for RG.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just unlocked 7* Palpatine this evening, here was my team:

74 Ackbar G9 (L), 80 STHan G11, 80 Leia G10, 72 Luke G8, 66 Biggs G8

Took maybe 6 tries.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

MichiganCubbie posted:

Palpatine unlocks after the five star level? I might push for Biggs and Luke then. Too bad I just read this, after using two Cantina refreshes on getting Lando towards seven stars, instead of using them on getting Luke to five.

You've still got a week or so, I think. Also, you can get Luke shards from the guild store.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
You can see it shifting there already, the future arena meta is AOE damage.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Disco De Soto posted:

This game is kinda lame once you've collected all the characters you're interested in. Maybe I'll start on the worst team ever. Who's in?

- Ugnaut
- Nute Gunray (80 shard wtf)
- Cad Bane
- Lobot
- Underworld Cop

Nightsister Acolyte
General Veers
Jedi Knight Guardian

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
For what it's worth, the next raid will probably be kicked off Friday night (around 9 PM pacific time) and people will start attacking the following morning (9 AM pacific time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

I saw someone comment on reddit that he was going in Cantina, but I haven't seen anything from the devs. Have you?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4zrega/community_update_8262016/

Capgasp is a dev (scroll down a little bit).