Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Stalkerr posted:

So, I have $200 laying around not doing anything except sitting in a PayPal account. If I were to spend it on this game, theoretically of course, what would give me the most bang for my buck, as it were?

Either that or I'll buy a new pullup bar and another piece of weight equipment, which actually has an ROI not measured in electrons.

Unless you are brand new to the game, the Chromium packs are not worth it (and even if you are new, their usefulness is debatable). The only character bundle that wasn't a ripoff was the old Dooku one they had. I guess if you were gonna spend money, spend it on crystals for energy recharges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Disco De Soto posted:

EDIT: Is there room in Goongan Grand Army? If there is i'll leave my crappy guild - just in the middle of a raid now.

Yep, we still have a few slots left. I got your ally request, so as soon as you drop your current guild, I can invite you.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Glad you were able to get all that back, and just think, now you can buy 10 AAA games instead :D

Or you can invest in some spaceship jpgs. I hear Star Citizen has some lovely packages on sale.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 27, 2016

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Quote is not edit page snipe

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

General Probe posted:

Is anyone still adding goons to the Goongan group?

We were full so I booted someone who hadn't logged in for 20+ days. I sent you an ally request and I'll add you to the guild.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

I am also looking for a goon guild of cool goons. Currently level 64/65(i forget which) and on the spreadsheet last I checked.

Sent you an ally request so we can get you invited to Goongan.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We5tfY2j0yY

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

rocket_Magnet posted:

Hopefully slightly toasted or electric sheep still read this thread. I put myself in the spreadsheet for the going an army a few weeks ago and forgot all about it. Just remembered, and added both of them for a guild invite. I had been in a guild with a friend but they've done tier 5 4times in a row and it takes like a week to get through even that. Need more gear level 9 bits :negative:.

I can add you to GGA if you send me an ally request: 131-545-184 or if you just request an invite if you have electric sheep as an ally already.

We have a decent amount of low level people though, so we've really only been running tier 4 raids so that most everyone can at least participate.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Trampus posted:

Is anyone else getting stuck at the loading cantina screen?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were pushing an update. I just got a 4MB download, and a notice that Leia is now going to be available in the squad arena when it resets in 5 minutes or so.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

KDdidit posted:

I've had an invite to GGA since the weekend but it's always 50/50 so I can't join. Do people get kicked at the end of the week and I should just wait?

I booted someone who hadn't logged on in over two weeks, so you should be good to join now.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

Hey guys, GW is badly bugged right now, you lose your team when you finish a node. Don't fight GW until it's fixed.

This is just the most recent stealth patch changes to GW. Everything is working as intended.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Lol we're gonna be down to doing T4 raids once every high level person bails

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Mile'ionaha posted:

It'd be an exchange program, not a Sniping program.

We don't need more firepower, but it'd be nice if ALL goons were at least doing T6

Oh yeah, I know, I was just giving them poo poo. Raid gear is one of the biggest things holding me back as well.

You better not keep NateDogg too long though - I don't know what we'd do without our resident whale

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Halverine posted:

Ehh, I should be patient and hold on. In GGA we were alternating between T4 and T5 but now we seem to be only doing T5. I guess in a few weeks we might be having a stab at T6.

The reason I sometimes get antsy about moving up tiers is I used to get rank 1 or 2 in arena on my shard but now 6 or 7 is the best I can do due to all the raid gear others have. And don't even ask how long I have to spend on GW each day...

I'm down with trying a T6 to at least see if we can complete it in a reasonable amount of time. I'll ask in guild chat if anyone who is active in raiding (seems like we alway sit at 30-35) does not have at least one 6*.

For those guys in IGD who have alt accounts with high level chars (I'm gonna guess that's Malgrin and yig), would you guys be willing to maybe dump your alts in GGA? If we can get a few more heavy hitters, we should be able to get through T6 raids.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

LOL I wish I had a alt account. It's just me and my fiancee.

Aww yig, I am very disappointed in your lack of poopsocking. For shame.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'd be happy to drop down to GGA, but I'm still level 48 with a 5* GS.

Ah okay, fair enough. Unless there's some higher level goons sitting around who haven't joined a guild already for some reason, then maybe we can look to picking up a couple high level pubbies if anyone has any homeless ones on their ally list. We've got a couple goons in GGA who haven't been online in 14+ days, so we can certainly make room. I'd really like to get us doing T6 within a couple weeks, so our high level guys don't get burnt out getting crap rewards that aren't useful to them.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

Hey now, I am poopsocking battlefield 1 alpha, overwatch, marvel heroes and this. That's a lot of poop. Oh yeah you coming back for bf1 this fall?

Hell yeah I am, everything I've seen of it so far has looked great. You got in to the closed alpha? You lucky bastard. I just realized that there's a BF1(BF5 :downs: ) thread, so I'll have to catch up on that.

ModeSix posted:

I'd be willing to drop down and do some lower level raids, because honestly I need the gear bits to get some of my guys up to GL7+. I'm in QGJ right now and in the T6 raids I only have 2 characters that can participate. I can field a full team in T5 and probably multiple teams in T4 easily.

This is my roster at the moment: https://swgoh.gg/u/modesix/collection/

Yeah right now we've been running T5's consistently. I kinda feel bad just switching over to T6 out of the blue, so I'd like to give our guys a heads up that they should at least work on getting one character to T6 over the next week or two so they can get the pitty rewards. (On a side note: it's incredibly stupid that you have to lock out lower level guys in your guild from participating at all in higher level raids - like, at least give them the lowest tier reward on raid completion.). Of course, another Officer or our illustrious leader wookieleaks, could just jump us to T6 right away so who knows. You're more than welcome to jump over though, if you'd like a chance to run a few more T5's.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

How many openings do each guild have? If it's a fairly large number with 2+ weeks without play I can imagine some consolidation might actually be in order.

GGA currently has two people who haven't logged in for 14+ days. Two people who are 5 and 7 days days out respectively. The rest have been active, although like I said before, our raid participation is usually 30-35 out of 50. We got one of our high level guys who says he's kind of taking a break and we can kick him if needed, but he's still logging in everyday and did participate in our most recent raid, so I dunno if we should boot him.

Edit: I booted the 17-day guy and the 7-day guy. But the 14-day is an Officer, so only wookieleaks can boot him.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 12, 2016

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
In before mods are nerfed.

The mods themselves don't seem too powerful (although I've only seen the Tier 1 mods so far), but the set bonuses seem like they're gonna allow you to make just ridiculously powerful characters.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

two_step posted:

Mods are retarded. I made a super rey:

hahah yep, Rey is my only maxxed out character and I'm currently making her stupid powerful. What level mods do you have in those screenshots?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

kaschei posted:

GW versus people with better mods is going to be good times I can already tell

Oh god yeah, I'm looking forward to the gently caress off teams not only being full of gear 11's, but also lvl 15 mods.

Mods need at least an 80% nerf from what they are now. It's insane that they put them in the game the way they are now.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I just updated the OP with a reflection of the current state of this game.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes -

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

On the official forums, some guy was able to solo a t7 raid. This is less than a day since mods came out.

Recruiting him to GGA :getin:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

so spending a whole bunch of crystals on cantina energy today = good idea yea? because that is what i am doing.

I'm having the same dilemma. I fully expect and hope that mods get nerfed into the ground, so I'm not sure if I should be spending a crap load of crystals trying to stock up on mods early.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Is the critical avoidance stat useful at all? I've got a few 5* mods with that, but I have no idea what it actually means.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I think it's %chance to not be crit. I don't see why you would want it over any other stat.

I figured as much, thanks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some great stat that I wasn't aware of.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

korofrog posted:

Are we looking for + X Offense or +x% Offense? I'd imagine a % would be better but not really sure.

I've only messed around with Protection 5* mods, but I'm assuming it'll be similar with most of the big stats.

Lvl 15 Protection: + 12065
Lvl 15 Protection %: + 96% (also has a secondary stat: +2014 protection)
My Rey's protection is now sitting at 49834

I don't have an Offense % mod, but my regular +Offense mod gave +765 at lvl 15

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Halverine posted:

I'm all for bridging the gap somewhat but holy poo poo, the amount of frustration I have experienced in this game lately and they go ahead and let people basically double any stat(s) in the game?

Mods are a good idea if implemented well but for me this was the straw that broke the camels back and demonstrated to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that this company deserves no more of my money or free time. They fundamental are unable to deliver a stable and fun product and it seems they are not learning from their mistakes.

Anyway, peace out, I'm quitting to devote my time and energy to more worthy developers. This has been building up for the last couple of weeks so it's not just about mods, this game just isn't fun for me anymore. I'm fine with people thinking this is just sour grapes from a whale who spent around a grand on this game and now the unwashed masses get to have a team that is as good if not better than mine. It doesn't matter if the brick wall I faced in GW this morning named chendley is a ftp person or the biggest whale on the planet. I'm at the end of my personal Galaxy of Heroes journey, I'm cutting my losses and moving on.

GGA you all rock. Put in as many requests for gear as you can over the next few hours and I will give away as much of my gear as I can.

Ah poo poo, I'm sad to see you go. You've been a huge help carrying most of GGA through a lot of our raids, and it's been good having you in guild chat.

That being said, I completely understand how you feel - the GW changes and mods have seriously soured my view on the game. If it wasn't a Star Wars game, I'd have uninstalled long ago.

Take it easy and stay away from mobile F2P games :homebrew: If you ever decide to come back, you'll always have a spot in whatever guild I'm in. (assuming they end up fixing their poo poo and I stick around, of course lol)

Inkel fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 14, 2016

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Fenris13 posted:

Well they announced the first round of mod changes, and somehow they managed to find away to make mods even worse than they are now. Instead of having a 100% drop rste, they will have a drop rate like cantina shards do, so about 33%. Thus increasing the amount if stamina needed, making mods even more of a whales only thing. They are still talking about actually rebalancing the stats on mods, but are asking players to give them a chance to get over the initial shock, the amount of customization available out ways the drastic changes.
/

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Phummus posted:

Another potentially dumb question. Are there any slots on any goon guilds open? PL 80

We have room in GGA as well. We could use some high level people so we can move up to higher tier raids.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

iGestalt posted:

"Thanks for playing our game!" they say.

Then they give me 10 Chewbacca shards. I see through those polite words.

"Sorry we screwed up the game. Here's some garbage. gently caress you."

Did they adjust the drop rates on mods with this patch?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

Add me on that game dude I am 4 levels from a maxed chizuru who can literally carry you through all current content regardless of anything you have.587-335-573. Pref to my SW goonbros!

lol That code doesn't work because that's his SW:GoH Ally Code. His FF code is: 518,915,230

I've got a few slots on my FF account: 478,214,519

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Syrinxx posted:

This game just instacrashes on me in Bluestacks now since the mod update, anyone else having this problem?

Yes. In fact, Bluestacks was instacrashing every app I tried today. I installed nox and it works fine on that.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
So I just unlocked Poggle and it popped up an offer to level him to 43 and gear 6 for $16. I've never seen that before. I don't really mind this, especially for harder to farm characters like Ewok Elder, but $16 and only to that level is a ripoff.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
So it looks like after the latest mod fiasco, GGA is sitting at 44 members but it appears we may have as many as 10 people who are now inactive for more than a few days to over a week.

We can almost certainly look to start migrating people over to QGJ and IGD.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

General Probe posted:

My biggest concern being in GGA right now is the last raid felt like it took AGES to complete, at the same time I'm not sure we're down to <100 active goons.

Ya we lost our premier whale with the last patch and he was a good 2mil+ damage, and two other people who did at least over a million damage per raid.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

mdemone posted:

Unfortunately I think the game won't let players with multiple 7* toons just send one in alone against the rancor.

Had to send my lowest five 7* toons in and just basic on the guards.

Ya, you can send a toon alone. It'll pop up a warning message first saying you don't have a full team or whatever. But if you just click to start again, it'll put you into the raid with just your one toon.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
As others have said, Lando unlocks at 4*. I unlocked him this morning.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Yeah, same here. I was able to beat him once on the first day he released. I'm in a very heavy whale shard though so I went from being in the top 20 to where I can barely stay top 50 now. I don't have a yoda or old ben fast enough to counter him before he stuns my entire team multiple times. It's pretty loving ridiculous if you don't have a specific counter ready to go for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

Aww now your going to make tab sad. She already asked how many of you play in other goon groups. (Like how I know inkel from battlefield and mumble).

It's almost like we are addicted to games made by bad developers :dice: