Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Except ships suck, so who cares? Unlock your zeta challenge and then who gives a poo poo?

Fleet shipments are helpful, though. Some great things to snag there. For example, I think it's the only place outside of achievements and the Shard Shop that occasionally gets shards for Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Guy in my guild got his Darth Nihilus up to 7 stars over the weekend. Pretty he spent $300 to do so on data cards alone.

It's crazy to me what people will spend on this game.

That being said, he's a god drat beast.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Anyone been able to get in? Got messages saying my energy was full but of course I can't do anything about it

No. I'm guessing it has to do with the AWS outages.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I have a 7 star RG because I wanted a good tank a while ago, so I'm good there. And a 6 star Vader. But after that I'm pretty weak on Empire. I have a 4 star Magma I'll probably try to get up to 5 star, and a level 63 GLVII TIE Fighter Pilot for his ship crew bonus, but he's only 3 stars so he's pretty worthless.

I probably won't make it far in this event.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

You can take Magma from 4 to 7 stars (assuming you're at 0/65) in ~17 days. TIE can go from 3->7 in basically the same timeframe if you do cantina refreshes. If you farm Tarkin hard, and if Vader is close, then you got this.

Then that's what I'll try. Thanks!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Note that that's still only 4/5 that you'll need. If you don't have EP unlocked, the next easiest farm is probably going to be either stormtrooper (Cantina + some hard nodes) or Snowtrooper (guild currency), but either way, at that point you're getting into the imperial weeds and it'll be real tough to be ready in time.

I have a 4 star Snowtrooper, so I'll see if I can get him up to good enough that he's at least not a drain on the team. Though he needs cantina energy too, so that's probably. It realistic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I can only ever get 2.5 million, but I assume that's because I only have Boba standing by the end. My scoundrels, in general, suck, but I have 4 meat shields and a kick rear end Boba that, if I play write and don't get stun locked, can take out the last 2 waves all by himself.

I should really build up STH (7 stars, but not very well geared and only level 70) and actually get Lando sometime. I just don't want to stop farming other poo poo when Boba can win it for me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Stars have nothing to do with your credit heist rewards. If you can clear the max tier, you have the same Chance of rewards with only boba standing as you do with a full squad at full hp.

Huh, strange. I've only been able to clear the max tier for the past, say, 2 or 3 credit heists, but I've gotten 2.5 mil literally every time, for both runs, so I just assumed. I guess my luck just sucks.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Burning_Monk posted:

It's 5million because you can do it twice. 2.5 + 2.5

Ohhhhh. My mistake. I'll back away slowly now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shame you can only get Ashoka (Fulcrum) up to 3 stars today. Like, cool, I've got her, but until they open ways to get more shards she's basically useless.

I know it's common, I was just spoiled by the R2 event recently. Hopefully shards for her start coming up in the fleet store or something like that soon.

Her character design is awesome, though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Someone made a comment on Reddit, and I have a sudden sense of dread. New character is likely Thrawn, and I'll bet you need to use Phoenix squad to unlock him. I...have not leveled them at all. Super.

edit: Eh, on second thought, their shards are only available occasionally through shipments, so I'd say it's A) unlikely and B) if it does happen, not much I can do about it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 6, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So...about that whole, "They won't make you use Phoenix Squad to unlock Thrawn," thing...messages in game at the moment suggest otherwise.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

I only have Ezra and Sabine on my lower level account. I've been working on getting Wedge to 5 stars. Is it worth stopping to farm Ezra? I have QGJ, JKA, Lumi, Ahsoka.

Level Wedge. It's hard to imagine Thrawn being good enough to justify holding on Wedge. He's, like, really good. And Ezra, by all accounts, isn't worth it, long term. Also, it's unclear exactly when we'll get to earn Thrawn (this event just mentions battling him, he might be a reward, but it might be a separate event after) but the amount you could level Ezra probably isn't enough to be super useful in time.

That's a lot of words but I'll just return to this. Level Wedge. Also, Biggs if you haven't already, but you probably know that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

Is there a consensus for best "Rebels" team? There are 6 applicable characters but only 5 team spots.

Oh you mean Phoenix Squad? I just wrote up a big post about the Rebel characters before I saw you mentioned 6 applicable characters and was confused. In which case, uh, never mind, can't help you.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Davethulhu posted:

Thrawn should be the same as Yoda, Palpatine, and R2, you'll unlock him if you can get a team of 5*s, which is very doable.

Do we know that? Or will he maybe be like Ahsoka (Fulcrum), where it's super easy to unlock, but you'll be left with 3 stars only?

edit: I have 5 Phoenix members at 4 stars, and Chopper at 3. So whether or not I can try the last phase will really depend on how long this flash event lasts.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 9, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

They've explicitly referred to the upcoming thrawn event as a "Legendary Event". That's the term they use for R2/Palp/Yoda, so you can expect the same format.

Fulcrum was a Marquee Event.

The flash event will keep repopping every few days until the end of the month. So June 30th. Should be doable.

Awesome, thanks! I've got some work to do.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Flash Event started, I was able to do the first and third stage. Well, I finished the third stage, but that first stage is kicking my rear end. I'm fine for the first two rounds, but on the third round, suddenly everyone hits like a bulldozer, they have massive speed, and I just sit there watching my toons die. I can hit one explosive crate, but then they taunt. Sometimes I'm able to hit the second explosive crate, but that's usually mere seconds before I die.

I should note my three characters for this are all 4 stars, so I guess I'll try again later. Third stage was easy, also with 4 star toons.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Aren't stages 1-3 borrowed toons anyway?

At your star levels. So I got level 85s with great gear, but 4 stars.

edit: At least that's how I'm assuming it works. But they had 4 stars, like mine do.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

lol, I can't do any of these yet. I'm one buy away from Kanaan 4* and I foolishly threw all cantina at Hera already, so Ezra won't be 4* until tomorrow, probably.

The third stage, a.k.a. the winnable one, uses Zeb, Kanaan, and Hera, so get some Zeb shards from GW, too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Nope. Not the case. I have Hera at 5*, but the level 85 toon I get to use is 4*.

Oh so everyone gets 4 starred heroes? Interesting.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

They probably don't want to broadcast it in game or in a super official capacity, because they'd get lots of false reports for "cheaters" who just have better teams than they do. But it is a good policy to reward people reporting bullshit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

My Phoenix Squadron is still woefully unprepared for this event. I guess I'll see what I can do in the next week.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mister Blueberry posted:

At least we got some crystals and credits from the whole ordeal :unsmith:

Sure...to use to upgrade Phoenix Squad.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ugh, I need 5 more Sabine shards to 5 star her, and be able to try to get Thrawn on the last day of the event. But I'm out of crystals for refreshing the hard battle that grants them, and nothing else is offering them at the moment. I'm standing by with enough currency in both the Guild store and Fleet store, in case they show up in either spot. But c'mon game, I'm almost there!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Why the hell are you counting on sabine for this?

She's the slowest grind of all 6, did you ignore one of the others or something?

Chopper has been a far slower grind for me, considering I can only get them from Cantina battle currency, and even using all my cantina energy every day, and dropping 400 currency on him, I'm no where near close enough.

With Sabine, I had the hard battle, and Guild store every once in a while.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I'm refreshing 2+ times/day.

That would cost way more crystals than I have, 200 per day, when I'm already using my regular energy refresh of 50 crystals as many times as they allow. Maybe I should have stopped using that when gearing up the Phoenix squad and used the crystals on cantina energy refreshes to get Chopper instead. But alas, too late for that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jerkface posted:

Shard shop for the last 5 shards?

Guild store put 5 shards for her up last night, so I was able to 5 star her just in time...to get my rear end handed to me by Thrawn. (First 3 rounds went fine, 4th round where you actually face Thrawn was a god drat bloodbath.) Oh well, I'll train up my squad for next time he's available, and it's not like he'd be super usable at only 5 stars anyway.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI you're nuts if you aren't farming dark side 9C now.

Normal or hard? Normal doesn't seem to have anything my toons particularly need right now, and hard I'm currently stuck on 9-B. Fuckin' level 86 Resistance assholes.

As for the first part, I'm pretty terrible at recognizing what gear is what, and still have to rely on the game telling me who needs what and where to find it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Hard. It has Ghost, and two reasonably well needed pieces of gold gear.

Ah. drat. Maybe I'll throw myself against the killing field again to try and unlock it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

I was having trouble with 9B until I changed my team and got to borrow a Zader. I was able to 3* it that way. 9C is just Chewie and raid Han so it's not particularly hard

Huh. You know what, I just got a Zader recently and I forgot to try this level again since then. Be right back...

...and beaten. Thanks!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah I've been planning out a Rebel team and an Empire team and a Sith team...and almost each time I have this moment where I think, "drat, I could really use Boba right about now."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

Did you know he can target off the taunt with all of his abilities too? Not just his basic? I didn't for months and I still sometimes forget.

Yeah that confused me the first time I saw it. "Wait, why am I still targeting....wait....ohhhhhhhh. That owns."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

The hero list in the OP, is that the priority i should get the heroes in?
I haven't spent any arena currency yet and was wondering if i should pick Leia first since she only costs 25 hexagons.

Decided to not eat 5 cheeseburgers today and got the $5 pack and luckily got a Count Dookie (who am i kidding, a cheeseburger here costs $15)

Am closing in on the 2k-5k arena bracket; haven't lost a fight yet. (Not that impressive i guess since one can cherry pick the opponent)
How should one in general pick arena members? Right now i am using 2 tanks (4* Chewie, 2* RG) and 2 healers (3* counsular, 3* vampire chick) as well as Count Dookie. I also have 3* Luke, 3* Veers.

Yes, the OP is kept up to date fairly well.
Leia is fantastic early on, and is even helpful on a Rebel team later on. She can hit multiple times, and can stealth herself. Absolutely pick her up.
Early on you can't do all that wrong, but I think 2 tanks is 1 more than you need. I'd prioritize RG, because Chewie will stop being useful pretty soon, but RG is useful in top level teams. Consular is the better healer of those two, so if you focus on one healer, have it be him. But I'd look to replacing him with either Luminara (relatively easy to farm from the Galactic War store) or Bariss (harder to level, but better because she can heal toons who have the "can't be healed" debuff) when you can, as they are both better.

I'm only ranked 200-300 though, so plenty of people here can give way more elite opinions.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Kly posted:

Is this game fun if you never spend money on it?

I've been playing for probably a year. I never spend any money. I've been max level for a while, but can barely ever crack 200 in the leaderboard. If you're fine with that, and acknowledge that some days you'll just do each daily activity, while making minimal progress on your characters, you'll be good. I have fun.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

This game survives solely on the merit of being a Star Wars game. If this had been another generic Korean anime gacha squad battle game with identical mechanics people would have noped out of it a long time ago, i assume. I certainly would have.

I want to say you're wrong, but I've been trying to find another game like it to also play, and each one I can't seem to get into, so you're probably right. I was bored by the Final Fantasy one (I bailed pretty early, it may get interesting later), and one mentioned in here (Seven Knights, I think?) by someone had a loading page with a bunch of scantily clad anime girls, which made me say, "Ehhhhh, nah."

Is there a widely accepted better game like this? I have no problem with a grind (obviously), but with varied classes, and isn't bogged down by story mode bullshit? (The Marvel one bored me with that.) There's a DC Comics one that's...alright. But I don't really know where to look beyond IPs I already recognize, which is probably my problem.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ha, new Luke still isn't Jedi Luke.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Is Raid Han good for anything?

Shooting first.

I'm serious, btw.

Probably more, but I only recently unlocked him.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

7 star Palpatine battle was way easier than I was expecting. I've been prepping my Rebels for 2 weeks in prep. Guess I went over board. 3 starred it in less than 30 seconds

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Having decent success with

5*Lando (L), 4*STH, 4*Tarkin, 4*Bobba Phat and 4*JC for both GW (cleared it 3 days in a row now!) and arena (just hit rank 700) They all have Gear VI, with JC having VII.

I also have 4*Dooku, 3*RG, 5*Biggs. (all gear V) Would any of these provide for a better lineup than my current main squad? I honestly have not gotten impressed by Biggs so far. Dooku used to be great when i got him but as i progressed in player and gear levels it felt like other characters overtook him. RG have never impressed me. Maybe i am just not using any of these last 3 correctly.

RG is for tanking, so you don't really need him and STH in the lineup together. RG, though, has two big things going for him. First being his stun chance on his main attack, which has saved me on many occasions. The second is his taunt, which triggers automatically whenever one of your toons drops below 50% health. Not needing to wait for his turn to come up to taunt is a pretty big deal. With RG and a healer in my lineup (one of my heroes drops below 50%, RG taunts, giving me enough time to get around to my healer bringing both the hero and RG back up in health), I can become pretty difficult to kill. The defense buff is also nice.

But he can't hit for poo poo and, like I said, if you want to push STH, you don't really need RG, unless you start building an Empire team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah, Biggs is pretty great, especially when he has Wedge as his team leader. My Rebel team can punch way over it's weight limit.