Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I've gotten into this game a lot more in the last week or so and I feel like I am stuck in a rut.

I'm level 44, and I have a LS and a DS squad, all leveled up to 44 also. I am currently getting creamed in DS-4 hard and LS-5 Normal even though I have my team leveled and what seems like decent gear. I was 3-starring everything for a while, but here in the 40s I barely scrape through the highest level missions. Does anyone have any advice on how I should be spending my energy other than sucking at progressing through the campaign? I'm at least doing ok in GW so far. Failed horribly at the highest tier Attacker challenge yesterday. My two squads are:

4* Chewie, 3* JC, 3* Jawa, 3* Poe, 2* Ewok Scout

4* Talia, 2* RG, 2* FO Stormtropper, 2* IG-86, 1* Snowtrooper

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Dr. Venture posted:

I'm fairly new myself; probably 4 weeks ahead of you. You'll get over it, don't worry. Just read the guide at the beginning of this thread and you'll see an improvement.

Life becomes much easier once you grab Luminara (get her to 7* ASAP) from Galactic War.

Old Daka is absolutely incredible. I only recently got her from cantina tokens; the grind is long but well worth it. Grab Qui-Gon Jinn at some point (1st or 2nd), he's really cheap to unlock and definitely an end-game hero; you'll love his assist attack and ability to knock off buffs (including taunts)!

As for arena tokens, I made the mistake of grabbing IG-88 first. He's good, but his healing debuff isn't 100%. Darth Sidious is invaluable for his more reliable debuff (not to mention his bullshit dodge chance against Jedi). A lot of people grab Stormtrooper Han next to replace Chewie (the 2 turn taunt is great, and he's tankier than Poe).

Squad Cantina Battles (1-A) Geonosian Soldier: You need to get him. This weird bug-guy is probably my favorite character. He has an assist attack just like IG-86 and QGJ and is pretty beefy. I would mostly focus on GS, but grab a couple shards for JC, too.

For arena I run: IG-88(L), Geonosian Soldier, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Royal Guard. I can consistently maintain top 100 even though my JC and RG have low stars.

The biggest mistakes I made was wasting tier 3 ability mats on people who aren't good and for leader bonuses I will never use. Apply them with careful consideration, and only worry about keeping your arena team/GW team leveled and geared. You'll eventually have to become selective with who you work on as credits and training droids become scarce.

Thanks for the advice! I just unlocked Lumi, Fives, and Geo Soldier. Things are a little easier now.

What is a good route for leveling up? Focus on gear level or stars? It seems like trying to get 7* on a hero would take a lifetime.

edit: this is my collection so far for reference - http://swgoh.gg/u/wexia/

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 8, 2016

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

cowofwar posted:

I only stun/take down the droids first for Savage Oppress. All the other challenges I focus fire the boss. For the attacker one with Veers and Tarkin I alternate droid boss droid boss, although generally I don't bother.

What does killing the droids do on the Oppress fight?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I realized that now that I've unlocked JK Guardian and Ahsoka Tano, I now have a potential 5 Jedi team of: Lumi, QGJ, JC, JK Guardian, and AT. I've been getting stomped on Chapter 5/6 Light missions. Is it worth investing in those two for sweet Jedi synergy in LS and GW?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Is there only one goon guild now? I started loving around with this game again (after not playing since just after mods came out) and the guild activity in Goongan Grand Army is negligible.

Also thanks for the updated OP with new farming targets. Gotta get Wedge!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chilichimp posted:

IGD and QGJ are both still rolling.

Can someone invite me to one of those if there's room then?

438-343-128

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
After getting back in to this over the last few weeks I'm finding that the current meta has really thrown my planning/farming out of whack. I was trying to level Phas/Lumi/GS/Sid/RG for arena but that doesn't seem so competitive anymore. Now I'm at a loss of who/what to spend my energy on. I'm thinking about subbing out RG and trying to get STH up and going?

What do you guys think? https://swgoh.gg/u/wexia/

Also I'd love an invite to one of the active goon guilds.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

General Probe posted:

What's your friend ID?

438-343-128

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Sent a request to join QGJ to get back in the guild farming mode. Been playing pretty much daily trying to figure out the current priority heroes. Ally code is: 438-343-128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Wait what the gently caress, those ads that pop up purchase something without giving me a confirmation prompt?

I was trying to close one of these pop ups and accidentally spent $40. Has anyone had any experience with refunds on this?