Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velvet Kevorkian
Mar 31, 2011
Problem description:

I recently upgraded from a Radeon 6850 to a Radeon r7 370 graphics. After mounting the new graphics card I have no video output on my monitor. The old card still works just fine. Everything on my computer starts up normally and the card fan runs and it lights up but I receive no display on my monitor. I've made sure the card is seated correctly and the pci express is plugged in and have tried the HDMI, DVI, and displayport as video outputs.

Attempted fixes:

I have contacted msi support twice. First they suggested I get a replacement, which I did. Then they suggest that I update my bios, which I also did to the 1.I version for the MSI P67A-G45 (B3). There were more recent updates but they were only for IvyBride 22nm

CPUs. After that I bought a new power supply unit at 750W in case it was a lack of power, which it was also not. I've run out of ideas as to what the problem could be.

Recent changes:

Installing new graphics card.

--

Operating system:

Windows 10 Home

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge

Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3)

Graphics card: Radeon HD 6850
New: Radeon R7 370

Memory: 8 GB ddr3 RAM

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 750 watt

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I recently posted a similar issue (except I had video until Windows started) but my issue was related to a faulty GPU, which it sounds like you've already isolated by getting a replacement.

Are those CPUs the ones that don't have any sort of Intel integrated graphics feature built into them (so there's no HDMI/Displayport/VGA/DVI-I ports on the motherboard itself)? I ask because one of the common solutions I saw was for people to go into their BIOS and disable any sort of integrated graphics (IGFX) they had, since a conflict between the dedicated GPU and on-board GPU could result in a signal loss similar to this. But if you don't have any IGFX to disable...

Velvet Kevorkian
Mar 31, 2011
I checked my motherboard to make sure and there are no integrated graphics. I think the CPU supports it but my motherboard does not have any. I don't see any video ports on the back of my computer where the motherboard comes out of so I'm pretty sure it is not that at least.
I am planning on getting a friend to let me try the video card on their old desktop to make sure it's not faulty in case I am really unlucky. Only thing I can think of is to try to take it to a computer place and tell them to install it and see if I am missing something.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Velvet Kevorkian posted:

I checked my motherboard to make sure and there are no integrated graphics. I think the CPU supports it but my motherboard does not have any. I don't see any video ports on the back of my computer where the motherboard comes out of so I'm pretty sure it is not that at least.
I am planning on getting a friend to let me try the video card on their old desktop to make sure it's not faulty in case I am really unlucky. Only thing I can think of is to try to take it to a computer place and tell them to install it and see if I am missing something.

Did you check the BIOS to see if there is anything about onboard graphics in there?

• Locked thread