Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

MarcusSA posted:

So it seems like academy is pretty stingy with the crystals they give. Do you only get like 5 when you level up?

Four when you level up, some more per day from watching ads and log-in bonuses and stuff like that, and apparently you can get one per character you unlock if you hold your finger on them for long enough. So yeah, it's going to be a while until you get enough for anything worth caring about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Madame Hydra is up for recruitment. You have to beat her guards, which requires creating a specific kind of soldier for it.

Correction: You can beat her guards with anyone, which is good because there's a few goons that have more than 1000 HP. You still need Resistant robots/agents to attack Madame Hydra herself, though.

Also, one bit of advice. The timer for Madame Hydra resetting doesn't start until you attack her guards, so make sure you have as many robots/agents ready as possible plus some extra construction items ready when you start each fight.

EDIT: To be clear, when I say reset I don't mean a streak like Ronan. If you lose during the second fight, she resets to her strength at the start of the second fight.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 25, 2016

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

The Eng-ger-Land event is up. Brian is a premium character, and of course, he's wearing his old school Marvel UK costume, because the costume that people actually know is tainted by too much exposure to X-men.

God this is so loving stupid. I hope Pearlmutter has a stroke or something.

On the bright side, at least his other two outfits look good. Not as iconic as his Excalibur-era costume, but I'd be ready and willing to leave him in his level 3 costume.

Also, two things to keep in mind about Captain Britain: he has a four hour action that drops one scroll, and his first quest action involves him putting a translucent union jack over the quad for two hours straight and it's kind of annoying.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

The garbage can icon on missions lets you discard that mission, the sidewalk icon that pops up when you're moving buildings lets you place and remove sidewalk, and the coathanger icon that shows up when you select a character lets you choose which outfit they have equipped. These are all really obvious UI elements, and I missed all of them until they were pointed out to me.

Don't buy currency generators unless you desperately want them for decoration, they're never as useful as you'd think they would be.

Buying shards stops you from getting ads, which is the main source of free shards.

Don't panic when an event starts and you need to do a billion things. Events are almost always easier than they seemed at the start.

Because you're starting just as a giant event is beginning, know that you may not be able to get everything since you'll start the event a bit late and you won't have much character variety on the mission board. Just try not to worry about it and get a few event characters while you have the chance.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Grimlook posted:

I don't see anything event related yet. I got the splash page about the spider-man event, but so far nothing in game. I guess I need to play more, I'm about to hit lvl 5

The event requirements are that you're level 6 and have Van Dyne's Outfits. Just get there and you should be set.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Gwen is definitely premium, she's not listed with the other chapter rewards.

On the other hand there's also a second half of this event planned that they need more characters for and they haven't sprung any surprise premium characters on us mid-event before now. I'm going to be more disappointed than surprised if you're right, don't get me wrong, but I doubt there's going to be any premium characters for this chunk of the event besides Spider-Ham and Lizard.

EDIT: Surprise as in a character that didn't have some way to tell that there was going to a premium character released later in the event, like Yondu's pod in GotG. I haven't forgotten about them not telling us that Sif and Spider-Man were the last two premium characters in Civil War.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 24, 2016

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

I don't know how much the decorations cost, but the first one the Wrestling poster was 2000+ Oscoins and four evidences (and I think 1 evidence turns to 1 Bugle Headline.)

So that first of the four decorations was more expensive than four Spider-crates.

No maybe I'm wrong, but I see no chance of me getting decorations (that I'm not interested in) and five Goblin Tokens before Wednesday. But I can easily get at least 6 Bugle Headlines which I am willing to bet will give me at least 5 Goblin Tokens. Not to mention the Spider Man tokens I need to get Spidey to level 5 and out of his awful half costume thing.

Each Bugle Exclusive costs two evidence and three rolls of film, which means you can't really churn them out while you're trying to get Spider-Man or Reporter Wasp. The first two decoration items don't have that problem.

Of course if you don't have two or three decoration items by now you probably won't get all four, so if you're going for a crate strategy just stick with that.I'm going for the decorations, but that's just because the decorations feel like the intended route to me and the crates just feel like something they added in case people had too many Exclusives. I'm sure we'll both be fine in the long term.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

Ancient One is the other premium

We don't know that for sure. She could just have some obtuse unlock requirement that gets revealed at the last minute like Blade.

Lobsterman posted:

I just kind of wish they'd do more of those shorter events that use the normal mission board so I could do story quests at the same time. The MODOK event was a nice break.

Tell me about it. I reinstalled this game yesterday after I read the preview article. I thought hey, there's going to be a few days before the event starts, maybe I could unlock the Gamma Zone before the event starts if I act fast. Then this event dropped before I could even finish upgrading the Archives.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I failed all the British Invasion tasks so I didn't get Union Jack or Captain Britain. The game will probably roll into a Xmas Event soon after the Strange event ends. Curious what the theme was, MAA always did something involving Asgard, so maybe, Valkyrie, Angela? Warriors Three?

They mentioned that the next event's going to be A Force in the most recent news article, and between Aphrodite's link, all the Angela hints and all the comments about Malekith and the Cask of Winters we've been getting for months it's probably going to be Asgard-themed.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

So. Eight event characters, only one of which is a premium character from a previous event (all of which I want), plus a way to get characters from previous events (all of which I want, since the events I skipped had a lot of cool ladies), plus a bunch of costumes, which probably means they're going to have more weekly costume crates a la the Halloween event (which I refuse to spend shards on, but I'll probably want both the costumes and the late-game rewards with annoyingly high costs that I'll probably need the costumes for). As a F2P player, this event is going to hurt.

Also, let me say this: If any of the new characters are in a box or get locked behind annoyingly hard unlock requirements, I'll be mad but I'd understand given the sheer amount of stuff in this event. If Lady Loki is premium or stuck behind any unlock requirements harder than Cap-Wolf's, I am never going to forgive TinyCo.

twistedmentat posted:

Only A-force member missing is Dazzler, which is sad, but haven't they said mutants will start appearing in games again next year?

I wonder if an Ultron event will be related to AoU so we'll finally get Wanda and Pietro?

They've hinted at adding mutants in various places, but they haven't said anything definite so far. I personally thought this would be a good event to add Dazzler in, since Marvel's starting to properly promote mutants again and she's both cool enough to be worth getting and minor enough to not fit better in a different event, but if they're adding this many characters she's an easy cut.

It seems pretty easy to put Wanda and Pietro into an Ultron event, yeah. Even if they don't go full AoU with it, they have an association because of the movie and there's no good place to slide them in otherwise unless they do some kind of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants event.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

For reference's sake, you can find the article about the next minievent here, and this is the list of the fifteen returning characters that were mentioned in it. They won't necessarily be the fifteen rerecruitable characters, but they're probably going to be or they wouldn't have been mentioned.

• Dracula
  • Captain Britain
  • A-Bomb
  • Black Knight
  • Blade
  • Crossbones
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin
  • Groot
  • Jack O' Lantern
  • Punisher
  • Red Hulk
  • Union Jack
  • Winter Soldier
  • Baron Zemo

All in all, a nice mix of older F2P characters and characters that were stuck behind an unofficial paywall when they first showed up.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

mania posted:

Ares is supposed to be one of the prizes for the next mini event. Really wish I'd picked up some shards during the sale, I want Ares on campus so bad :swoon:

It looks like he's supposed to be the grand prize for the hangout system once they integrate it into the main game, not the grand prize for anything in the next mini-event. Which is good, because that means he should be infinitely easier to get without spending money if he's not time-limited.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Here's my guess for the Ultron event's recruits: Clint is going to be some form of early access. Hopefully as a free recruit, possibly as a premium character if they want to get one last scrap of money from the Hawkeye fans before he's part of the story. (They could make him into just an event character, but come on. The Blasting Range lvl3 quest would directly lead into recruiting him if the story didn't cut off immediately before him.) Kate is... probably also going to be free, because this is the Hawkeye event as much as the Ultron event and they're going to want us to have a Hawkeye to work for that we won't get for free a month from now. I won't be that surprised if she ends up premium, though.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

God drat, I missed Hawkeye by 4 arrows. My own fault for not realizing that Arrows were the thing you needed to unlock hawkeye earlier.

Looks like the next event will feature Kang attacking with Stature/Stinger, Billy and Teddy being the recruits. I wonder who will be the final character, another Young Avenger? I guess Patriot or No-Varr would be reasonable, but maybe Scarlet Witch with Billy being in it.

Who knows, sometimes these events have the most random collection of characters.

I think this could just be another British Invasion style mini-event, to be honest. No costumes, two characters that get talked about in the Marvel article plus a third that could easily be a premium character, portal-based mechanics, the signs are all there. And I'd honestly be fine with that, since space is getting real tight for big event buildings and we still have Monsters Unleashed on the horizon.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

That's what I mean though. I've just got the Rocket so all I need them for is Leveling Cho up and unlocking Moon Girl, but even a 7 streak won't be enough.

You can keep fighting Devil Dinosaur's hidden 8+ streaks, or just wait for next week when they introduce a way to get more red pterodactyls. I'd still get as many as you can now on the off chance they pull another Ultron and make getting additional level-up items a complete pain in the rear end, but let's all just hope they don't do that.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It's new this event.

Technically bosses had crits in the first GotG event too. Then they stopped doing that because it's a horrible mechanic.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

The next interview is up, and this event may make me reinstall. I know it's probably not going to be that exciting after some of the iffier parts of the GotG 2 event, but it's still a lot of Spider-Man content that could be really cool. Besides, it might give me a chance to recruit some of the characters I missed after dropping out of the last Spider-Man event halfway through.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Dammit, which Spider-Girl is it? WHICH SPIDER-GIRL!?

I've heard that a voice actress put voicing Anya Corazon in Avengers Academy on her resume, but I can't say that for certain.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Is Spider-Man supposed to be able to fight the symbiotes? I can level his attack/health but he doesn't show up as an option in the fights.

Apparently you can't use him on the battle map until you reach 1-5. It's a weird choice for a character people have had three chances to get before now, but I guess they're treating this like a regular first week anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

nerdman42 posted:

Alllright, anyone got a good guess on the drop rate for the Jane Foster Thor/America Chavez in the Ultimate Armor crate? Is it cheaper to just wait and hope it's not too hard to get Thor when the Thor 3 event kicks off?

So, the good news is that it doesn't look like you can draw a costume for a character you don't have in this crate. The bad news is that the odds of getting yet another Iron Man costume are still too high to reliably draw a new character. It has a better ratio of good rewards to chaff than a typical Captain America costume crate, don't get me wrong, but it's still a risk.

• Locked thread