Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

Iron Widow has an action where she Solid Snakes it around, so that alone is worth it.

I sent her on that task and didn't pay attention to her animation before moving on to other things, then a few hours later when checking back in I saw a cardboard box running around and was reallllllllllllly confused.

Also these daggers are absolutely brutal to get and is making me completely ignore the Cap side of the event so far, since I need all of those vibranium hex things I can muster to make as many Hydra murdering robots as possible since only the red Hydra guys give daggers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Aphrodite posted:

It's odd there's no premium hex item. That seems to be the main limiting factor right now.

Especially since they seem to be one of those "tied to Heroic missions only" items which means it takes even longer to get those than any other item other than the plans and reactors. At least by the time I get around to recruiting Panther with the daggers I'll have a ton of the battle plans to pump out recruits....

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Wonderman has two different actions to generate them so I guess he counts

.........god dammit I need to pay closer attention to things like this.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

They want me to upgrade the Wakanda embassy, but two things needed for it don't drop from anything.

Needing daggers for everything sucks too. The Guardians event was a lot more fair than this. I'm never going to upgrade Wonder Man because I need poo poo for Spidey and getting the decorations and Captain Falcon and all the other characters they'll be releasing.

Yeah, don't build the 3rd things for Iron Man or Cap until Black Panther is leveled up. Those things that upgrade the Embassy drop from level 4 Hydra goons, which are also items needed to unlock Crossbones. But when you build those two buildings, Crossbones unlocks but you only have 7 days to get him, and getting him requires killing level 4 Hydra goons, which really means you need level 4 bots and recruits, which you can't get until Panther is level 3. I think I may have screwed myself by getting too far ahead, and the 2 hours it takes to build these stupid robots is just dragging me down hard...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

I screwed up and couldn't upgrade Madame Hydra. I really hope there's to upgrade the event heroes in the future.

I'm wondering if that's what the tokens both Red Skull and Ronan are dropping right now are gonna go towards. When I was collecting them during the event it was flagging they were used for upgrades to Madame Hydra and Spidey (and Pepper but she upgrades normally so who knows.).

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Does anyone else find it funny that we have a potential "British Invasion" event going on during the Fourth of July? Someone at TinyCo has a sense of humor I guess...

Also it looks like the Guardians emblems only drop singles on Heroic missions (at least that's what's flagged up for me so far) and considering Groot will take 90 emblems to upgrade I guess it's gonna be awhile...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Huh, of all the things in this game, I was NOT expecting them to flat out drop Union Jack telling Black Widow that he's gay into it. Good for you, TinyCo.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Looks like the Spider-Man event is already up and running, with a new update out and the first Spider-Man related task already popping up for me. Right now it says Black Cat, Ock, Goblin and Spider-Gwen are the new characters in the update notes, we'll have to see if either Goblin or Ock are actually recruitable or they'll be the one(s) we shove into a glass box when all of this is done...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I noticed that. And it's been taking way too long to start chapter 2. Been I think 3 days, I don't know why they dropped the part 1 rewards and didn't add the part 2 right away. Dammit I want Black Cat.

I'm guessing they found some game breaking bug in the upcoming Lizard fights (the black suit says it does more damage against Lizard) and they're having a problem snuffing it out, hence the free Goblin tokens they gave away to appease the masses.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

My board has straight up stopped dropping SHIELD watches now so yeah, this event is a loving shitstorm and a half...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

It's the fact that you literally can only have 2 people walking around on their phones at one time that's infuriating, I understand the dance pad but it's such a chokepoint on the whole event I can barely level anyone up...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

They're relaunching the comic line, they're making multiple Legends figures, their latest Funko box is X-Men themed, they're making a TV show with FOX based in the X-Men movie universe, did Ike Perlmutter die or something? I don't know if he's responsible for the X-Men shutdown but it totally seems like something he would do...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Does anyone actually like/care about the damned bobbleheads?

Yeah I found the whole "You can unlock Blade using your million pumpkins you didn't use for character upgrades, or you can get this crappy deco of Cap-Wolf instead!" thing to be incredibly humorous. That said, I have a bunch lined up along my outer wall.

On another topic, is anyone else's game getting hard to load? It's taking 3 to 4 attempts of the app crashing to get it to open for me lately ever since I downloaded iOS 10, I'm wondering if the game is starting to collapse under its own character weight which is making it difficult to load, especially during events where there's extra crap around...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It depends, but i've had super smooth loading times, and then super janky ones. It's very inconsistant.

And loving hell, there's not enough traps to fight Dracula in his second tier in the time allotted. It's easier to just let him drop to tier 1 and kill him quickly.

I somehow managed to get both Tigra and Ant Man's costumes out of the pay crate (I was saving money for Blade but since he's a ridiculous unlock I figured I could splurge), and man, Tigra loving wrecks everything. I'm up to Streak 19 and finishing it after 3-4 battles. I also somehow still have 120+ traps leftover and like 50k candy corn, I feel like resources other than pumpkins this event haven't been hard to come by at all...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Just a heads up, if anyone else is having problems with the game load times/loading at all (at least on iOS as I have previously stated I was), I just deleted the app, turned my iPhone on and off to clear out the cache and reinstalled and hoo boy the difference is night and day. It loads the first time I try in like 10 seconds, so feel free to do that if you're having problems. Just make sure you've connected to Gamecenter beforehand, you can get your game data from that, otherwise you'll probably need a screenshot of the opening splash screen so they can get that 50 character long code in the corner for your account...

With that said, the only thing out of the box I didn't get was some bags and the costume because of course I didn't get the costume...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man, I was saving as many pumpkins and candy as I could to see if I'd have a shot at Blade, but now that I see the requirements I probably will just pump it all into leveling everyone. Needing like 200 of each pumpkin plus 200k in candy plus being strong enough to beat Mephisto's level 5 is absolutely ridiculous, I can't imagine what people are spending to get to that level...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man, after a pretty decent Halloween event, this Doctor Strange event is just plain garbage. Think I'm just gonna try to coast through this one and wait to see what they cook up for the inevitable Christmas event that will launch 47 minutes after this one ends...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure he's new.

I still haven't unlocked Hulk yet because there's been too many events.

I've decided I'm not gonna try to move the story forward until I clear out all the mini event tasks first. I'm hoping that when GotG 2 rolls around next year they reopen up Yondu and Nebula to non-hilarious amounts of credits upgrades, but I'm still working on the British Invasion tasks over here...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Having the Paladin Thor drops rely 100% on RNG is some hot garbage, especially since it's apparently the only way she'll be able to do the future boss fights...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man, I sure hope this Best of 2016 event means I can upgrade some dudes on the cheap instead of the 100k per level they want, although there being no Venom on that list means he'll continue to be stuck in Level 1 hell...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

So is the Hawkeye thing gonna be an actual event, or is it just gonna be an expansion of the main storyline? I thought Hawkeye was supposed to be a main line characer since he's been in the COMING SOON log for forever, and I could totally see them making Kate the pay to play character for this story string...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

source on that?

https://news.marvel.com/games/58219/ultron-brings-robot-revolution-marvel-avengers-academy/

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Of course Lucky costs 777 shards, what else would he cost?

EDIT: Looks like their servers are getting crushed right now, keep getting disconnected...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Napoleon Nelson posted:

If you're going to buy Lucky, I recommend having MODOK take him for a walk.

(stolen from Reddit)

Wait, if you have Undercover Widow, can you have Lucky dance with her? Someone please test this, this needs to be done...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I assume Mantis is going to be an unlockable, and probably Ronan as well.

All I ask for is a way to upgrade Yondu and Nebula without spending 100K+ in regular credits to do so, I'm sick of looking at their quests on my list knowing I'll never ever finish them...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Ah nuts, I really wanted Ronan. Collector is pretty good though.

I think they're eventually gonna have an event where you can win "caged" characters that will revolve around The Raft, we just had an event that let us use the Helicarrier so we need to get around to the other thing sitting there that we can't do anything with.

Plus those drat tokens the cages drop have to pay off eventually, right?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

They're about due for a story expansion, so I'd guess they give us a week or so to work on the regular storyline, then throw in a 2 week mini-event where maybe you can recruit some guys who were released before like Coulson and Squirrel Girl, then right into the Spidey event...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Oh thanks for the 120k in coins so I can level up Nebula and Yondu! *uses them on everything but Nebula and Yondu*

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

I'm playing this event F2P because I really don't care much about the characters and I was curious what it was like trying to play this game without throwing money at it, and hoo boy this is nigh unplayable. I'm still stuck in Week 1 stuff and I just unlocked Cap 2099, I can't imagine this game has many people who just play it this way...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

I gave up on this last event after Cap 2099 and spend all my time on doing regular story stuff, cleaning out 3-4 character story trees from my tasks and finally unlocking Hulk, and I feel I'm much better off for it. But now that it's a Spidey event, I'm sure I'll probably start spending money again...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

TheComicFiend posted:

I really want to play Avengers Academy but it crashes every time the loading bar fills up. Haven't played since last year's Spidey event.

If you're on iOS and you've synced to GameCenter, delete the app and redownload it, when you reopen it'll redownload all the current elements and gets rid of the older elements from old events that clog up the game's memory. I do it every 3-4 events now and it keeps the game running much better. I have no idea how this works on Android though, so if that's what you're using I dunno...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

paradoxGentleman posted:

It did the same thing for Spider-Gwen. I think every episode has one hand-out hero and two that you have to unlock.

Yeah, if you click on the lab for an upgrade, it'll show you the "Upgrade Bonus" character which you just get for the hell of it for moving onto the next week, I think next week is MJ, it seems to be the ones who can fight the Octobot.

This event has been great for me because I got literally everyone the last time they did a Spidey event. so I'm so far ahead of the game I'm actually getting everyone upgraded from that previous event now and may actually finish off a token sink (until they make the characters from this event the same token and I'm back on the grind). I may even get Agent Venom up to Rank 5 so I'm not stuck with another premium character that costs 100k to upgrade after the event...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

If the next event is gonna be Defenders, who exactly can they drop that's not already in the game other than Colleen? They've already done DD, JJ, Cage, IF, Elektra, Punisher and Misty, and I assume Kingpin will be a rehashed boss. I don't see how it could possibly be anything other than a minor event where they just kinda make everyone available again for a week or so before moving onto the next thing...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Man I sure love having items required to advance being locked behind a completely arbitrary RNG device that you're only allowed to access every 3 hours, or longer if you want a chance to find more although getting more isn't guaranteed at all...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Alright sweet, almost got Black Bolt, just...193 green shards to go!

This game really filled the love/hate hole that Avengers Alliance left

I skipped Queen Wasp to get Black Bolt instead, I guess I'll never officially finish the event but I'd rather the character that'll be completely worthless after the event than a costume that'll be completely worthless after the event.

At least it looks like the next event is almost completely skippable, Howling Commandos aren't my thing at all so I can concentrate my energies on regular quests and coins and not spend real cash money on this for a month or so.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I actually think Avengers Alliance was more fair, because if you were like me and had been playing since the start, you had an advantage, this you're hosed no matter what.

God do I miss that stupid Marvel Pokemon game, but I understand them killing it. With the X-Men lockdown in full effect and having run what, 4 years at that point, they were desperately running out of new characters to add. Still kinda mad we never got Surfer or any sort of Galactus event, but I guess they were probably firmly under the F4 embargo as well...

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

I've only gotten Dum Dum from this event as I just don't give a single drat about anyone else involved, I'm close to dropping this altogether if we don't get a main story expansion soon, but I'm sure at this point TinyCo has no idea how to actually continue things without making people pay up and the monthly events are the only thing financially keeping this alive.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

The latest update for Academy actually has the generic icon/splash screen. Could we actually be getting the mythical main story update?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

So basically they're just gonna roll with the Thanos poo poo up through Infinity War and after that, who knows? I guess the Fox thing getting closer to wrapped 6 months from now makes it easier for them to bring the stuff we actually want into the game at that point...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

The new update is up, time to grind through a whole bunch of tutorials...

• Locked thread