Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played one since the original but this looks great & has multiplayer. Let's all build despotic paradise while we wait for DS3 dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah I was Like :eyepop:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is it good ? i liked the little racing game thats also free this month, kinda shallow though. it reminds me of that micro machines ps1 game. the handling is actually pretty freaking slick in it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

is it good ? i liked the little racing game thats also free this month, kinda shallow though. it reminds me of that micro machines ps1 game. the handling is actually pretty freaking slick in it

If you like city building you'll love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I didn't even try that racing game because it's a port of a phone game. I'm impressed it actually controls well, maybe I'll give it a shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd play this OP but Stellaris comes out in a few days and I only need one builder/map game in my life at a time

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I'd play this OP but Stellaris comes out in a few days and I only need one builder/map game in my life at a time

Play it until stellaris on sale!!!!!!!!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Actually I just googled stellaris and now I need to see if I can run it on my lovely laptop

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

This

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I didn't even try that racing game because it's a port of a phone game. I'm impressed it actually controls well, maybe I'll give it a shot

really? it looks absolutely nothing like it could ever have been on a phone. i guess that explains why it isnt super deep. but it has online pvp and stuff, theres only a couple of weapons though so it isnt mario kart. but there are secrets to find in every track which is fun

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Big tropico 4 fan here. Fixing up a mojito, kicking back and listening to the chill latin jazz and salsa was super comfy. No idea how good tropico 5 is, or how it is on console, though.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Tropico 3 was Tropico 1 in 3D

Tropico 4 was just Tropico 3.5. Very disappointed

Tropico 5 actually went out of it's way to be interesting and different. It's more polished. It's also set during 4 eras: 19th century colony, WWI-WWII, Cold War, and Modern times. Fewer buildings but every building now has a purpose throughout the game, example poor people houses don't need outside food as they have little tennant gardens. Instead of serving people individually, buildings just serve the population as a whole. For example, a church satisfies the religious need for 150 people.

I don't know how well it plays on a console, but this is the third console Tropico so they probably have something figured out by now.

Oh, and now there's invasions instead of instant game overs, so now your army has a purpose beyond rebels, you can recreate the Bay of Pigs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah from what I've played Trolico 5 is epic. I haven't sat down and played a bunch tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How does the multiplayer work

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

goferchan posted:

How does the multiplayer work

you play against other people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i've never played a Tropico game before but i like city building and will try this out later

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I played tropico 4 on pc and it was a fun city builder. if 5 is even just an exact copy, I'll be happy to play it for free on my sony playstation 4

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tropicos are harmless fun and I have rarely been disappointed.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've never played a Tropico game before but i like city building and will try this out later

what do you think about the anno games/have you played them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game is really fun. Only hitch so Far is a couple of the console controls are mislabeled in the tutorial but it doesn't effect anything

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I already own this on Steam but I added it to my account anyways in case you guys want to try MP.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How does the MP work? Is it several islands close by or what?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Gonna try after lunch & report back Benny out

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Benny D posted:

Gonna try after lunch & report back Benny out

:tipshat:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game is bomb!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

julian assflange posted:

Apparently you're all on the same island and can attack each other

frank.club posted:

this game is bomb!

Yes, yes it is

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Jedi Knight Luigi

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm gonna play this on Friday

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

it kind of reminded me of that but i wish it was zoomed out more like the psx micro machines. because that game had a really cool sense of scale [all the cars were tiny haha. Check out the name of the game for more details]

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some guys with ak's came to my island and shot all my musket guys

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

Bone Musket: Origins

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

frank.club posted:

that's because you're not running a deficit like a true libtard.

rediscover posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi

did u kno jet's voice actor was a black guy??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

did u kno jet's voice actor was a black guy??

Um obviously dude. Da gently caress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rediscover posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

between this and stellaris theres never been a better time to look at a map for hours at a time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that guy called me a libtard.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Bone Musket: Origins

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game is infecting me with map sperg... I ended a game because I didn't like which side of the island I set my residential area up on

• Locked thread