Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Apparently you're all on the same island and can attack each other

Yes, yes it is

even though this guy seems like he sucks im glad he posted about the multi which seems cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I don't know if they released the DLC for the PS4 version, but the only one worth picking up is Espionage. All the other ones are just cash grabs that'll ruin the theme of the game with an out of place building.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

muhh building immersion

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tfw you do a shitload of last minute bribing and win the election by a single vote

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I got to the world wRs and it made me start over on a totally different island. What the hell

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I got to the world wRs and it made me start over on a totally different island. What the hell

The 'campaign' is a tutorial basically

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

between this and stellaris theres never been a better time to look at a map for hours at a time.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Got a game over during world wars because I was being invaded by axis forces and I tried to form an alliance with the allies for backup and that triggered a second invasion at the same time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

no they will not posted:

Got a game over during world wars because I was being invaded by axis forces and I tried to form an alliance with the allies for backup and that triggered a second invasion at the same time

everyone hates tropico

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

everyone hates tropico

I like it. It's fun. I may even start a new game after getting a game over - something which I normally never do

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no they will not posted:

I had this happen but it was a typhoon that would always happen 2 months before the election and tank my approval rating

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i really liked tropico 4

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Bone Musket: Origins

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

This is also on sale for $6 on humble store right now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i really wish i could remember how i got tropico 5 on steam but ive been playing it for a bit now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i really wish i could remember how i got tropico 5 on steam but ive been playing it for a bit now

did you buy thuis humble bundle https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/search:%23%3A3267;/scroll:%23gamelist

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i did for homeworld remastered. thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have a lot of game codes i should probably give away

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I started Tropico 5 on a whim last week after playing it a ton right after Launch. There are things that are way better than earlier Tropicos but I think it's shallower than 4 (Which is my favorite) because a lot of the mechanics are obscured and you're basically stuck guessing. You have to search online, for example, to see what each faction thinks about each constitutional setting, which is the biggest factor in support. It's really easy to be super unpopular and lose without knowing why everyone hates you, much like in real life. If you actually know what everything does it's very hard to lose. The way they compile data is really weird and intuitive.

By getting it now you miss out on their Dev team's fanatical love of lovely DLC, so it's a very good game now. One of those games that is better if you don't try too hard to figure it out.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 13, 2016

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

e fart posting i cant physically read but i like tropico talk though i dont play it myself

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that I had never heard of this series until a year or two ago and there's somehow already been 5 of them made. Must be nice for te people making them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's cool that I had never heard of this series until a year or two ago and there's somehow already been 5 of them made. Must be nice for te people making them

tropico 1 is 15 years old

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To clarify: I didn't think they had 5 games in a year. It's that the first one I heard of was 5, even though it seemed like a niche PC thing. Cool that it stuck around

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in tropico 2 you run a pirate island

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I own Tropico 2 but have never played it, was it any good?

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

elf help book posted:

Me too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

My only gripe about this game is that if you don't rush out guard towers and research the fort and upgraded soldiers right away that first pirate invasion can really gently caress your up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

My only gripe about this game is that if you don't rush out guard towers and research the fort and upgraded soldiers right away that first pirate invasion can really gently caress your up

What kind of dictator skimps on the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I never played a Tropico before, but I spent all weekend playing it and getting nothing else done but being destroyed during the World Wars :smith:

• Locked thread