Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want Venom to succeed just enough to get Woody Carnage, bad wig and all
That's one of the things I was excited for with this one so hopefully it makes it over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Calaveron posted:

Last thing I saw him on was Cheers so it's gonna be hard to believe him in that role

You have nearly thirty years of some pretty great cinema and TV to catch up on then, better book some time off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sitting in the theater with my 6 year old waiting for Venom to start as we speak so we'll see if he goes Michael Myers on me over it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm sitting in the theater with my 6 year old waiting for Venom to start as we speak so we'll see if he goes Michael Myers on me over it

We had a talk about how it's only a movie, and he must never eat anyone's head or he'll be in big trouble.
But no it was fine, a couple of scary parts earlier on but more jump scares than anything. Once it gets going its no worse than any other super hero movie (for example, Spider Man doesn't die sobbing in it, so that's a step up).
That was a really fun movie. I went in with fairly low expectations but it was kind of a blast. Tom Hardy is channeling Nic Cage throughout and he really just makes the whole thing enjoyable but going all in; whoever called it "the superhero version of The Room" kind of nailed it. I also really liked how much weight they gave him; he moves like Spider-Man but leaves craters when he lands.
Only complaint would bethe villain. I get not wanting to jump right into Carnage (and God I hope this gets a sequel because Woody would loving nail Carnage), but they really should have given Riot a more visually distinct look, a flash of color or some spikes or something would have gone a long way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

Some friends were discussing Age of Ultron and conversation wrapped around to how studio mandates hurt the movie. A comparison was Spider-Man 3. Raimi had a story, the studio had other ideas, and things fell apart. Part of that to me has always been because Rami wanted to soldier on creating his movie and also throw in all of the mandated stuff. He chose to break instead of bend. Could the same be said of Ultron? Could Whedon have scrapped some of his ideas or was the movie always going to not have time to send Thor to a magic pool?

Personally, I find the Whedon dialogue to be the worst part on rematches. That and Hulk/Black Widow stuff. If anything the studio interference helped in that case, but that’s one of the things Feige is good for

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just had a flash of the future, people online boycotting the Kraven movie because "SJWs are trying to make hunting look bad"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Movie Thanos worked because he's a perfect foil for Tony, who started and has more or less led the MCU so far.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It already made a mountain of money, and this opens it up to an audience of hundreds of thousands of people with disposable income/kids dragging their parents. It’s going to do well.
I’ll probab take my kid, he always ask to watch the first one when we scroll past it on Netflix.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All future cameos will be James Gunn in Stan make up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I was getting a Disney paycheck I probably wouldn't ask a lot of questions either

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eventually they can just pay you for your likeness and cgi the whole works

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MCU has a sliding time scale, there you go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lying low as in not going for the stones until he found the Soul Stone makes sense. One guy having 5 stones would be a giant beacon for every cosmic being in the universe, while some genocidal space pirate isn’t going to attract much more attention than the Nova Corps

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think we forget sometimes that this thread has very different tastes than the movie going public.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reminder that before the leak stuff, Sony was planning on a Young Aunt May as a Spy movie. Nothing is impossible

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Little Mac posted:

I've been working on a new thread. I'll drop it when the Avengers trailer drops or the end of the month.

Make your peace with this phase of the SACU.

I'm going to both dread and run from it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I know they announced JJ S3, but unless they’ve actually started filming I doubt it’s going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Punisher had a fight scene set to Tom Waits so it was the best one

• Locked thread