Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
They did the cover. That's all I've ever really wanted to see in an Avengers movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Civil War has pulled in 2/3rds of what Deadpool has domestically in one week.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

I am really trying to think of any major black male superheroes that haven't been adapted yet, and I can only think of Blue Marvel and Goliath. Michael B Jordan as Blue Marvel would be kind of awesome.

Black Lightning

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Ghost Rider also had Nightmare, Orb, Lilith, Michael Morbius, Reverend Styge, Tatterdamalion

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Travis343 posted:

Has JMS ever written anything good

Sense8 and Rising Stars

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

golden bubble posted:

The director may not be the ultimate authority on all things editing, but there's a reason "Director's cut" is a thing.

The majority of my dislike at BvS is the editing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rasczak posted:

Hahaha I just did a GIS for 2015 Freddie Prinze Jr and he has Reed Richards hair now, amazing

He's also hosting a game show on USA network with Dana Carvey :psyduck:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Or Millar

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That costume ad is the first time I've been annoyed with the marketing so ...:shrug:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Asylum films...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_QcAHiLS24

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Codependent Poster posted:

It has a ton of heart. Gunn's passion for it bled through and all the actors had fun.

Dave Bautista was amazingly good as Drax. Surprised the poo poo out of me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

I have no idea who to trust about this new Ghostbusters movie. Lots of people saying it's really bad, other people saying it's super great. Ever since I learned people in CD like to say the Star Wars Prequels are good movies I just can't trust anyone's opinions anymore.

The pacing is rough and it's not Ghostbusters 1984 are really the worst things I can say about it. I laughed out loud at parts even and I normally don't do that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

As far as movies written by Dan Aykroyd go I certainly like The Blues Brothers better

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I liked Suicide Squad except the terrible soundtrack arrangement, parts of the editing and dialogue in the third act and Cara Delevingne. God she's terrible. It's still far better than BvS.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Incubus arranged the music obviously.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Old Man Pants posted:

Who does MODOK belong to?

He's AIM so Captain America/Marvel Studios

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

Liking Fight Club is a pretty universal thing.

Even I liked Fight Club and it has been proven I have no taste in films.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I would love to see a Tarantino Ghost Rider done as a exploitation biker flick.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mover posted:

Let's not forget about the Dr Fate of 1994!

Actually I'd watch Nic Cage as xtreme 90s demon hunter Fate

I want him as the original Rac Shade

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

He was the main Teen Titans enemy in the 1980s, then I think he was a sort of Suicide Squad type anti-hero (?) with his own comic in the 1990s. But I think him being pushed as an A-list villain who had a seat at the table in the Secret Society's inner circle only happened because of the cartoon, where he was a) this invincible master planner bad guy rather than an assassin-for-hire; and b) played by Ron Perlman. From there, he had his dumbass fight with the Justice League in Identity Crisis and that made him into one of the main villains in the Infinite Crisis era.

The suit that he (well, Wintergreen) had in the first season of Arrow looked fine. Then in the second season of Arrow, he gets this costume that makes him look like a really determined hockey goalkeeper.

https://i.imgur.com/gHhhSFF.gifv

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Action Man posted:

Dick Tracy is a beautiful looking movie with a rough script, but it's worth watching just for the amazing visuals.

You can skip The Shadow and The Phantom.

The Shadow is fine and Billy Zane gives it his all in The Phantom and it's enjoyable. Neither are great movies, but they in no way suck rear end.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It was Martha right?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

A place full of lovely beaches and pizza that is inhabited by tons of old Catholics who insist that beaches full of stones instead of sand and pizza that is a long rectangle with no cheese are actually the best kind of beaches / pizza and "you just don't get it."

Rhode Island is also the source of the evil that is Seth McFarlane.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that's right the whole story is a closed loop, Roland will always be following the Man in Black it's just seeing the whole story being "kid has visions of a magical world and goes there, just doesn't feel what i've heard and read of the Dark Tower. It makes it feel like a YA novel.

Needs Team America and USA 1.

And The Human Fly

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Seeing a Sunday Matinee of it in Berkeley with my 11 year old niece. Her first big screen Godzilla. I'm so proud :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Drax winning.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure Spider-Man 2 is one of my top superhero movies (but I'd include stuff like Incredibles in there) but it's easily the best Spider-Man film.

Homecoming has promise, but for now I'd agree that SM2 is the best Spider-Man movie.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

ASM 2 was universes worse than Age of Ultron.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Paul Blackthorne has the best American accent of any Brit.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They'd implement that in the comics by making Namor RKO people out of nowhere, but honestly it'd feel pretty organic.

Namor being a dick is pretty much canon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

I feel Inhumans generally have always been and will always be more interesting than almost all mutants. There are a few exceptions but for the most part I'd pick the Inhumans almost every time.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The Question IRL posted:

Yeah there are a few.
Aside from some classic characters (Baron Mordu in full villain mode, Nightmare, Clea, the concept of mortality etc...) they could do The Oath, A Flight of Bones, Jason Aaron's arc or the Montesi Formula.

Blade...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Blockhouse posted:

I mean the only thing he seems to have in comic with comic vulture is the name and flying

he's a blue collar criminal who gets his hands on tech and decides to step up to supervillainy for the big scores, not a bitter old man out for revenge because his partner hosed him out of their business

The helmet and fur neck ruff look the same too :shrug:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Cousin Numsey!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Phylodox posted:

Ahem...Brother Numpsay! Dear, sweet brother Numpsay!

He was Chandler's brother. He's my 8th cousin twice removed.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lobok posted:

I'm reading through the original Moon Knight series and Sienkiewicz is the man. His style was more conventional back then but he was no less a storyteller.

New Mutants is where he fell into the scribble train (Warlock/Demon Bear Saga) but his Moon Knight art was always fantastic.

Shageletic posted:

Can you imagine the DC treatment?

Cut to a corn-field, burning.

A CUT AND GRIZZLED MAN WITH LIKE A FIVE DAY OLD SHADOW BEARD OR SOMETHING LIES KNEELING, HIS FISTS BLOODY

He's holding the severed head of a tiger with a pipe in his mouth

SHAZAM: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sort of happened in 52 with Sobek.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 7, 2017

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Little Mac posted:

I stopped reading comics around three issues into Civil War II. Is Dick Ryder back?!

I always saw Richard or Richie. Never Dick.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MacheteZombie posted:

I really think having Old Bruce was a great idea by Snyder/Goyer/DCEU/WB.

It was one of the best concepts in that movie.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Oh the salt.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/03/brett-ratner-rotten-tomatoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Light Gun Man posted:

Me. This sick person.

• Locked thread