Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
What a wonderful film. I was so engrossed that I completely forgot Spider-Man was going to be in movie. And my favorite Avengers, Clint and Scott, got cool moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Brie larson is officially Captain Marvel!

Perfect casting, Marvel is just killing it today.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

She's really not even an actress. She's just a hot model who like so many others managed to parlay I to an acting gig.

So basically Gal Gadot

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

January Jones' acting career is still the most bizarre thing to me.

She had no major roles, somehow gets cast on Mad Men, then starring roles in major blockbusters, then back to complete obscurity in the span of 3 years.

She is quite good on Last Man on Earth. I know, I'm as shocked as you are.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Looks like another Home Run. Marvel can't seem to slip up.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
oh geez, in no particular order
Doc Strange
ANT-MAN
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Goddamn, that is one terrific teaser.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Where's Ant-Man?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Ant-Man is still awesome, news at eleven

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Spacebump posted:

His character and the guy that asks Spider-Man to do a flip and yells "yeaaaaah" are the best MCU characters. I laugh every time at Pena's closing line in Ant-Man.
The way the camera lingers just a little too long on Pena's face in the final shot of Ant-Man is just hysterically funny to me. And he has such a dopey self-satisfied grin on his face, cracks me up every time.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

This isn't the first time I've said this and it sure won't be the last, but Paget Brewster for She-Hulk, please.

I adore Paget Brewster, and it pains me to say this, but she might be a little old to play She-Hulk.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Was Superman Returns the game made by the NFL Madden team?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I can't think of anything she says or does in either film and I like the first Thor and have seen it recently. Natalie Portman is very pretty. That's about it. She's kind of the straight man in all the shenanigans but she's not a very good one.

The first time Jane sees Thor summon Mjollnir and transform, her response of Oh .. My .. God is just awesome. I've never once understood why conventional wisdom seems to be that Portman and Hopkins are sleepwalking through the Thor movies.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
On the Infinity War film commentary the screenwriters address the in universe reason why Thanos has waited all this time to start collecting the Infinity Stones. They say that Gamora and Nebula discovering the location of the Soul Stone is what sets Thanos' plan into motion. Since there is only one thing in the galaxy that Thanos wants to do, and since he needs all six to do it, he was holding off on collecting them until they were all in play. I think he definitely kept tabs on all the other stones, but until The Soul Stone surfaced on Virmir, his quest was completely impossible. So in the meantime he was biding his time lying low and preparing to strike as soon as events lined up in his favor.

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
What an utterly insufferable title

• Locked thread