Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nothing is sadder to me than the fact that superhero movies are what little kids will get awed by nowadays

I grew up with Terminator and Aliens and Predator. Those were cool as gently caress movies

Marvel and DC movies are lukewarm farts in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's the worst thing I've ever heard

Civil war wasn't even that good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wonder Woman is a far more important and better film than Aliens

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oh my god I want to kill myself after writing that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are the TErminator and alien comics any good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Blomkamp is awful though

I liked District 9 but it was a pretty flawed movie. Elysium/chappie was really terrible

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

SonicRulez posted:

Tony told Peter to leave the Vulture thing alone because he had it under control. Peter went full "parents just don't understand" and defied orders to go anyway. Things went south. I feel like it takes a hoop or three to make that Tony's fault. He didn't have to like proveto Peter that he had it under control or make sure he had front row seats. As someone pointed out, Iron Man was on the scene ready for Vulture if he had escaped.

I must say I would love to know what kind of bad message that movie could have possibly sent.

That if an african nation ever got an advantage and developed super tech, they'd still do archaic ritualistic death-combat to determine rulership and still hit eachother with rhinos, clubs and swords. The fact that they were super advanced but still a tribal nation ruled by a king instead of developing any sort of non-medieval political system

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Killmonger wanted to conquer the world, including all the black people of the world, under the Wakandan flag. He wanted to kill a looooooot of people. He wanted to spread weapons around, not advanced medicine or infrastructure

How does giving africans laser rifles change anything for the better? It'd just make africa even more violent and hosed up. It's not like Africa needs more armed militias with ak47's laser spears running around committing atrocities

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The problem I have with Cumberbatch is that he looks really weird so I don't like to look at him

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lurdiak posted:

Black Panther was fire emoji, and I appreciate that the entire point of the film is that nationalism is stupid and short-sighted.

Except it had made them the most powerful country on earth, so it seems like it's pretty cool. Also, bloodsports to determine the boss is the way of the future

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yet the entire society of Wakanda willingly starts following a mass murderer because he threw their king off a cliff

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's stupid and really stupid

The movie was really stupid is what I'm saying. A lot of dumb things in Black Panther, the movie. The "lets undress and fight to the death for the right to rule this land" was just the dumbest

Still, fun movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They didn't even change the ritual

At the end of the movie the Man Ape can still keep challenging Tchalla to rule the country if he wants to by banging his head with a club. I don't get why people defend the dumber parts of this movie so much. They put that stuff in the movie so they could have Killmonger become God King of Wakanda without any fuss

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Please defend the lovely CGI rhinos the most advanced country on earth use in combat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Sgt. Politeness posted:

This doesn't happen. You could say their secret service and border patrol follow him after he admits having killed people but your outline is ridiculous.

What? An entire tribe starts attacking Tchalla because he commands them and he burns their sacred superflowers because he orders them to while choking a woman. They start selling weapons globally because he tells them to. The council literally sits in a room with him and accepts his orders

What makes you think anything else

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Phylodox posted:

Did you miss the part where T’Challa is enacting sweeping change at the end of the movie? How he realizes that blindly following tradition and preserving culture at all costs is ultimately destructive? Because the world is catching up and organizations like the CIA can use that against them, which is exactly what happens and is explicitly called out as such by Ross?

He put an outreach centre in America is what I saw, I saw nothing about them getting rid of their traditions to hit eachother with swords

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lets have a fat Wolverine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where's female Reed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kids are lamer than ever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The utter weirdness of the Death relationship is why it is so good. It's so out there

Thanos is like a wannabe god trying to hook up with an actual god and you never know if the actual god is real or just Thanos being The Mad Titan. It's like some greek myth story mixed with comic book weirdness

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why would hela want to kill half the universe though? I mean she was kind of a bad guy but mostly wanted to conquer not exterminate

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Will I, a man of no comic-book-background knowlege, think the jokes in "DeadPool Two" are funny? Or are they all references to comic book artists who cant draw feet

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ethnicity isn't the important part when casting an actor imo, acting is

especially when it comes to superheroes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
technically you can just shoot dr strange in the head and he'll die

I don't think he has like super reflexes or anything

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Star Lord owns and Chris Pratt owns

Characters who do not always make perfect decisions are the most interesting to watch

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A doom movie would be great

But just like the game it would live and die by how good the action was

Also, who the gently caress would be the doom guy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rocknrolla wasn't very good

Snatch though, was genius

So was Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't remember any rape in Crank, just sex

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ant Man is barely even good. It's so forgettable

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

CzarChasm posted:

There is also this (Haven't watched yet, but - eh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6rWiM1BQ5E

:psyduck:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t believe the extremely well-known company that primarily produces children’s entertainment fired James Gunn for making a bunch of really edgelord child abuse jokes

I am well and truly shocked.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
James gunn is a moron

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
TDK is okay but, and i've been sayin this from da start, it's mostly because the joker scenes are entertaining.

The rest of the movie is about a boring batman crashing into cars with his billionaire toys and poo poo. Then he solves all his problems with a deus ex SUPER SONAR THAT CAN FIND JOKER ANYWHERE IN THE CITY and then the people on the boats are all angels who are willing to die for eachother and ughghhh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Arist posted:

I don't even like TDK that much but the boat scene is a representation of the fact that the Joker's war to destroy the soul of Gotham has failed.

Everyone gets that, but it was lame as hell. There's no way parents and family members wouldn't blow up the prisonboat to protect eachother

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whoever plays reed needs to sell the "smartest fucker in the world" really well. He should also be able to play really distant

Like David Strathairn... Whenever he says anything intellectual I believe it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We basically need Spock but he can cobble together a portal to another dimension with some vague machinery

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We don't need maturity for superhero movies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My husband talked about videogames at our wedding, I think he might be mentally ill

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We shouldn't allow kids to see movies where they use bad words, to ensure that kids never use bad words either. Let alone allow children to watch movies where people lose their lives. What if the child is exposed to Commando and decides to kill hundreds of henchmen after watching the movie? What then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Stiltman movie will not feature any stilts, or men

• Locked thread