Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Zemo's entire plan would've fallen apart phenomenally if Bucky took a bullet to the brain at any point before he was able to interrogate him, wouldn't it

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

It's completely insane that we still haven't had a film Brainiac, but we've had Luthor 4 separate times.

Do both; make Luthoriac the villain of Justice League 2: Batman Boogaloo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Namor would be loving amazing. but I dunno if they could just do that.

I like the Idea of White Wolf. T'Challa's adopted brother.

It would be rehashing Thor(a bunch), but T'Challa was just put in charge and claimed the title of King, would everyone in Wakanda back him being king? Mix in the Namor Illuminati story beats with His brother or actually hell ignore white wolf and just use Shuri. Have the constituents find out that T'Challa is hiding and harboring the dude who was responsible for T'Chaka's death. And trying to find a way to heal him.

Boom Political intrigue which always make for the best Black Panther stories.

Didn't Zemo do it

E: I guess there wasn't conclusive proof not counting the full confession given privately, but considering the cell he was in the government sure believed it!

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 14, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Well Robin has pretty much never been written well outside of comic books. Even Dick on B:TAS wasn't well done outside of his origin story. Tim on TNBA was a lot better, he got a few great episodes. And he was unambiguously a little kid.

Reality slams on Tim really, really hard in RotJ, though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
is this Mandarin design related to the comics in any way?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

X-O posted:

Pretty sure that's the armor from that terrible Iron Man cartoon where he's a teenager.

The cartoon might be terrible but gently caress if that armor isn't rad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

All would have been forgiven with Storm in the original trilogy if this line was included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_rj1B3l9gE

Anyone have "WIND"?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Isn't Moore on record as having regretted that aspect of Killing Joke?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

That dude seems about as scary as a guy with a Fall Out Boy neck tattoo

Honestly that fits the Joker pretty well in a lot of adaptations

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

The movie should have sidestepped all of this by having superman beat the crap out of Batman and rip off his dumb robot suit. They become friends after superman refuses to kill Batman and explains Luthors plans to him.

It's not Superman vs. Batman.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

Kylo according to their marketing and merchandising

Star Wars is a franchise primarily targeted to children

The guy with the cool mask and the laser sword is probably going to be the most marketable to children

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I liked what they did with Zemo. The comic version isn't super well known by most people so it's nice that they went for something different.

My biggest problem with the film was the lack of mention during the scene where Ross shows that video about how many people they saved in NYC by preventing its destruction. Or how if they hadn't been in Sokovia the entire continent or more would have been wiped out.

And yes, the pro-Accord side leaves out that SHIELD, who was supposed to regulate the Avengers and others, was infiltrated for decades by HYDRA.

Tony was directly responsible for Sokovia, though, if the Avengers weren't a thing that whole incident would never have happened

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously, stop trying to make Aquaman a badass, it's never going to work.

Aside from that the trailer was pretty decent, but I'm not getting any hopes up for a movie with Zack Snyder at the helm.

Make him a bombastic goof that could take out armies, IMO

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 23, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Quote =\= Edit

So what are the odds they pull out any of the Flash's crazy stunts with Barry?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The first Iron Man is my favorite superhero movie so that's a really good sign for me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

When it comes to Deadpool, I trust in Ryan Reynolds.

This, it's his baby and I enjoyed the first one well enough.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

IUG posted:

Suicide Squad had like 10.

You're not helping the argument

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

I do not get wanting to play Carnage

Carnage is just so one note. He's like a flatter, less interesting Joker (Note to self: Jared Leto for Carnage? Yes. Jared Leto for Carnage.)

He thinks he's funny, but he's not
He thinks he's clever, but he's not
The only song he knows is "Kill 'Em All", and it's stuck on repeat.

He doesn't even have that "Dark reflection of the hero" that so many other bad guys get - He's an off-brand knock-off of that guy. A copy of a copy. And worse in every way.

He has a cool colour scheme and his hand turns into an axe I don't think this one's too tough.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Holy poo poo, did you really say this?

That's extremely loving awful. "Well, we know they'll never make a film about the black kids, so why not just give all his stuff to the white kid."

They're not going to make a Spider-man film that's not about Peter Parker.

And by the time I'm proven wrong about this (for what it's worth I would like to be), most of this thread will be dead from old age.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is Tony at the point where he's having regrets about not having a kid?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

There was a rumor about that earlier this year but it was never backed up unless I missed something new.

The CGI for the Vulture is probably way early on and they don't have a lot of scenes they can use yet.

On that note, it looked like they reused the helicopter jump shot in the trailer? Did I hallucinate that?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Venom is the coolest as one of Spider-Man's villains and awful in every other capacity

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I sincerely hope when that movie comes out at least a couple reviews consist of a solid page of poo emojis

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Aunt May movie is probably dead now that she is in the MCU and too young to do the WWII spy theme they wanted.

:psyduck:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is the Titans cartoon cyborg's design just forbidden to use?

He's blue, I thought the DC movies loved blue!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

parallelodad posted:

The Titans design has a kind of Fischer Price look which works for that show but wouldn't elsewhere.

You gotta give him more of a chance than seeing him say one line and saying he had no charisma. I thought it was a good read, personally.

That's a fair criticism but on the other hand having half a head of hair looks awful

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Studio execs understand the Marvel cinematic universe is making mad bank without understanding that they developed it over years.

On the other hand Batman being in it guarantees they'll make boatloads regardless so I don't know that they really care.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I can already see a lot of people going to claim that Vulture is in fact the good guy in this movie because something something Stark is an evil libertarian capitalist holding down the working class from bringing the revolution and upheaval of this corrupt world.

Hell, I'll go to bat for it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

I like to think that making a film that is incredibly savvy to racial politics, Peele wouldn't touch an American localization of Akira with a ten foot pole. Especially with the shitstorm surrounding Ghost in the Shell.

Death Note too, to a lesser extent

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When's Terry McGuinness, WB

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh, I forgot, although The Phantom wasn't brilliant, Treat Williams was still great fun as Xander Drax.

Edit: Ahaha, I also forgot Samuel L. Jackson in Kingsman.

My ticket to that movie was sold on Sam L., dude looked like he was very thoroughly enjoying the role

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I thought Spider-man was the most popular superhero behind Batman for a long while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

site posted:

Ill sell my soul for the Gwenpool anime

E: as long as its made by the one punch man studio

Madhouse’s comic book anime track record is mostly a miss

• Locked thread