Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

X-O posted:

I think I read it was actually Xosa that was used. It's a South African language. The actor that played T'Chaka speaks it.

I definitely heard some Khoisan click-syllables in there, so it's definitely from somewhere in southern Africa, while geographically Wakanda is in the great lakes region, north of Uganda, but eh, it sounded cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Considering that part of Spidey's banter in the airport fight was reading Falcon his rights, and especially considering he's not a loving idiot, I'm pretty sure he knew that Team Cap would be going to prison. I think the 'he was a naive yourh manipulated by Tony' talk is really overblown.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
If Bucky had been female, and the events of the MCU played out the same, nobody would be seeing any problem with them being in (EDIT for pedants) Romantic love. That's the crux of the argument, I believe.

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 27, 2016

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Sefer posted:

Senator Kelly gets killed.

And Henry Gyrich, IIRC. He was mauled by Sabretooth and then Mystique stole his identity.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Does anyone have some examples of comics where Harley is portrayed in an interesting/nuanced fashion? I know way less about the DC Comics continuity than Marvel Comics, so I have no idea where to even start looking.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Squizzle posted:

(What I assume will be) Strange's Eye of Agamotto is glowing green, one of the missing gem colors. If the film gems have individual identities, I'm betting the Eye is the soul gem. Unless Vision's headrock is the soul, not mind, gem—then I'm guessing Strange has the reality gem.

We haven't seen any good candidate for the time gem, I think, so I'm holding out hope for GotG2 being a time-travel adventure.

The Aether from Thor 2 was the Soul Gem, I believe.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

mycot posted:

Several reviews have brought it up mockingly, but can anyone name which superhero/action films had a (does review material count as spoilers?) column of light in the climax? Other than Ghostbusters of course.

I don't mean that as an argument, I have big gaps in my movie viewing and a bad memory.

Spoiler just in case Man of Steel, just before Superman destroyed the terraforming machine in the Indian Ocean, maybe?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the dividing line between Aquaman being a good "badass" character and Aquaman being a bad "badass" character.

I know people like the Peter David Aquaman and Grant Morrison Aquaman and the DCAU Aquaman, who all go out of their way to try and "redeem" the character, but most people find the scowly "I don't talk to fish :mad:" Aquaman very aggravating. What sets the two apart?

IMO, a good badass Aquaman takes notes from Thor in the first Thor movie. He's confident, he's powerful, he's a huge goof, but also respectful when he senses he should be (think of that diner scene for a good example of this).

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Calaveron posted:

One dude threw a live grenade at a group of civilians and would've been blown up had it not been by Cap

Also I really doubt every single building and vehicle that was being flattened by the space whales crashing around or demolished by random explosions was empty

I swear that at some point in season 1 of Daredevil, we see inside Ben Urich's office, and he has a front page of his paper covering the 'Battle of New York' which shows the number of casualties, and it was definitely some absurdly low number like 137.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

BrianWilly posted:

Pretty much everyone here is showing a fuckton of bias. This 100% better than the version we ended up getting. Like are we really gonna defend the theater cut of Justice League? Really? Snyder can blow me as a storyteller but his visual scenes have always been a cut above and the contest isn't close.

Idk. He's definitely had some good ones in the past, but looking at BvS both the actual fight between Batman and Superman and the Doomsday fight at the climax were really quite bad.

His visual scenes can be good, but they're pretty erratic and temperamental in quality IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Desperado Bones posted:

Actually, one of the many reasons we remember those scores, side from being well written and being catchy, is because repetition. We watch those movies several times, we listen to it on tv ads, movie ads, on the radio, on parody comedy shows, etc, etc.

Yeah. There's a reason the most well known theme from the MCU is the Avengers theme - it's the one that's played the most often (despite not being anywhere close to the best song from the MCU)

• Locked thread