Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I only stay for credits that involve moose bites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There were some parts of the fights that just felt off to me, namely Beast vs Psylocke. Specifically it felt a bit too artificial compared to everything else, a strong contrast against the Nightcrawler vs Archangel Rematch

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 29, 2016

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There are only five fights but some of them are multistage

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Schwarzwald posted:

Chewbacca is obviously a man in a costume. The T-800, bereft of flesh, is obviously stop motion animation. The new Cyborg is obviously CG.

Of course he is. What's the problem?

The T-800 looked pretty decent for the time.

This is just bad CGI for right now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

IUG posted:

I watched Unbreakable a few years ago. At the time, I remembered it as one of my favorite movies of his. On a rewatch, it struck me how no one in the film (besides SLJ) has emotion, at all. All the actors move around each other and do stuff, but they don't ever show any signs of happiness, anger, fear, etc. Even when SLJ is yelling at some dude for treating his art as a toy, that guy doesn't react. When Bruce Willis breaks into someone's house to save two children from being attacked, or when the two children save him from being drowned, everyone in that film has a :| face the entire duration.

Unbreakable actually referred to breaking a smile or frown.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Finally saw Wonder Woman today, a 4pm showing was almost completely full. Quite a lot of people after the movie were talking about how many times they've seen it.

My one thought about the ending: keep the Area reveal but don't have the super power fight. Just have him go through the whole convince her speech like they did and only have her snap out of it when she does see Steve sacrifice himself since she didn't want to be involved anymore.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BrianWilly posted:

having tunnel-vision.

Not nearly as powerful as x-ray vision.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nor should you.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Aphrodite posted:

Neither Poe or Finn were supposed to be important after TFA. They were rewritten because of fan reactions, there was no real significant plan for them originally.

My brain, it hurts so much.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Are we sure Lucas isn't involved anymore?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Mr Hootington posted:

Someone hasnt watched atlas shrugged.

That specific movie hasn't come out yet.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

mikeraskol posted:

Also I've never seen a show do the legal world correctly and I loving hate it as a lawyer. So please no 2 years of that.

You're just jealous that she can make objections by flexing big green muscles and you can't.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

If he lost that fight then where would he had gotten replacement wheels?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Indeed, but if he hadn't gotten up after he was shot then they would have stripped the car (or at least taken the wheels?). If I'm remembering correctly they're doing just that when he gets up.

(Also that was more in regards to what Arist said)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Civil War, at least, didn’t end with the villain losing by being punched a lot.

What are you talking about? They left Tony battered and his armor broken at the end. :v:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Barry Convex posted:

I'm no CineD Marvel hater, but this is a pretty lovely take that completely misses the point of the "Killmonger Was Right" meme by focusing primarily on his literal onscreen actions during the film. He's a fictional character written as the villain in a big-budget franchise superhero film; of course he's not "right" on a literal surface level, because the human beings who wrote the film chose to make his actions so thoroughly irredeemable.

*munches popcorn*

That's not why his actions were so thoroughly irredeemable

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Killmonger's plan was pretty much 'Do to them what they did to us' in the long run.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

They established Ross as being 'One of the Good Ones' when he took the bullet.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Steve is in his deathbed, surrounded by friends and hanger-ons.

He whispers one word before he dies.

"Bucky"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Boomerang Arrow or the movie is dead to me.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fartbox posted:

where were the fookin' xmen when earth was invaded

Same place they always are, dealing with a Magneto/Xavier spat.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

:same: every scene in Ragnarok where Thor is using Banner and Hulk to get what he needs is brilliant,Norton's good but i prefer ruffallo,he's much more likeable.

Thor trying to get Bruce to get to his happy place was great.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There was a shot of Loki with the Tesseract with fallen Asgardians around him.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/realscreengeek/status/985885724108042246?s=21

I’m going with Loki due to the stinger at the end of Thor Ragnarok

Stan Lee!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Aphrodite posted:

There's no rule, it's just lazily inconsistent.

You're just jealous you don't know as much about Pym Particles as Hank, let alone Reed.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Well you would have to turn back time more and stop Deadpool.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That was real corny.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

How about a compromise.

Gunn donates his gains from the next movie to various charities for battered spouses, transgender advocacy groups, and the like while Mike Cernovich is shot out of a cannon into a brick wall? If necessary I will drop the first part

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

X-O posted:

In both movies he just seems like more of an outright buffoon than he was in the first Guardians.

That's because you don't get to see all of the things he gets up to when he's invisible.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Shageletic posted:

OTOH, burlesque is the lamest thing ever conceived.

On the other hand, your avatar.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Anora posted:

Raising awareness of the Alt-right's action and keeping attention on it are doing something.

This isn't a movie where he can fight the Alt-right, behead Cernovich, then kick down a door to the next room where a tied up Gunn and him share a passionate kiss, a quick gently caress, and then ride off back to disney where they fling contracts at Gunn while grovelling for forgiveness at being tricked by the Alt-right.

You do remember how Superman fought the KKK right? Not in the comics, but the actual real life KKK.

Now I am sad that that isn't a movie, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

X-O posted:

What the gently caress is this?

Both movies feature people who many watchers don't think is actually a bad guy.

• Locked thread