Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

BrianWilly posted:

Aww, there was kind of a real trailer, kind of, sort of, I guess, for Wonder Woman. You just had to endure Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith's narration to watch it.

Sounds like a very effective way to prevent people from watching/spreading leaked trailers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Looks like it's time for me to check out of this thread. I haven't had a chance to see Civil War yet, and it appears people are slowly starting to discuss final act plot details without spoiler tags.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

There's a lot of people ITT that are like "Oh no, this sucks. I'm still gonna see it though".

Like you realize you don't have to go see it? I know we're comic nerds and we feel like we have to be aware of comic nerd stuff, often to our detriment, but really, you don't have to go see it. I went and saw BvS because I felt like I had to form an opinion on it, because I'm real into Batman. I wish I hadn't! I'm not going to go see movies that I think will be terrible anymore.

It's almost like people have different tastes in movies and would like to be able to form their opinion, and have differing amounts of free time and cash that they're willing to put forth in things that might interest them.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

EDIT: Also, Captain Phasma in the new Star Wars film is played by the actor who does Brienne Tarth in Game of Thrones. And she has something like 3 lines, 3 minutes of screen time, and then is pushed into the garbage disposal. Though I don't think the trailers made her seem like a big loving deal.

They pretty much did the same thing to her in the last Hunger Games movie, minus the garbage disposal. They made a big deal when they cast her, and she ends up with 3 lines, 3 minutes of screen-time, and is barely even a character. It was a huge disappointment, just like the rest of that crummy movie.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

I didn't realize Giacchino was doing the music, that's awesome! And that's a pretty great score.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Short new clip from Dr. Strange showing the beginning of a fight scene with Mads. Some neat effects and I like the little touch of Dr. Strange's fight choreography emphasizing that he is a giant pussy and doesn't know how to fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj96BTSJ8yE

Looks like they were inspired by Inception quite a bit while making Dr. Strange, and I am perfectly ok with that. Inception has some of my all-time favorite effects shots, and I'm happy seeing the visual ideas be put to even bigger use.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

This talk of Spidey removing his mask when saving a kid reminds me of the ending to the hallway fight in the first season of Daredevil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV1Vzn6xwqQ
(Also wanted an excuse to post the video, I love this whole scene) After kicking the asses of all the mob guys, Daredevil goes to rescue the kidnapped kid, but then pauses at the door, and then lifts his mask up before going in.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

House is among the better fake American accents Britain has produced.

Mark Addy's in "Still Standing" (an under-rated sitcom) is one of the best I've heard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcb3Vm-a8w

Similarly, Bob Hoskins in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Lovechop posted:

that awful oliver twist accent you guys always do

Michael Caine's Texan accent in "Secondhand Lions" is pretty much the inverse of that accent.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Haven't seen Doctor Strange yet, but I need somebody who has to confirm something I saw on IMDB for me: does the movie really use Pink Floyd's "Interstellar Overdrive"?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

parallelodad posted:

All I can see is Charlie gleefully killing Mac.

Now I want an episode of It's Always Sunny where Snyder guest-stars as himself but behaves exactly like Charlie.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You already ranked them in correct order. Whether you love, hate, or generally have no strong feelings, I think most would come up with that same order.

I'd actually rank Suicide Squad above BvS. Neither are very good, but SS is at least entertaining in a stupid way, BvS was plain boring.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Also, apparently the Dark Phoenix casting call has Dazzler on it for a small role, because fans of characters love it when they see them in a five second cameo.

Five-second super-hero cameos aren't always horrible, I enjoyed Colossus and Siryn showing up in X2

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

It would be cool to see it done as an F4 movie entirely from his perspective as protagonist. That's the kind of thing that hasn't really been explored yet and Doom is pretty much the ideal villain who sees himself as the hero

Do it as a biopic, or something like There Will Be Blood, where it shows his rise over the years, and various clashes with the FF.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Bring Taika Waititi back to direct and make it a mockumentary like the "Team Thor" shorts

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

McCloud posted:

Actually, that is probably the one thing I liked about A2. It gave Hawkguy a personality. I mean sure, it was a wisecracking Xander with a bow, and sure, it contradicted all his other movie appearances, but at least he stood out a bit!

I dunno, he was pretty wise-cracking in his cameo in the first Thor. "Do you want me to take him down, or would you rather send in more guys for him to beat up?"

And as others have pointed out, he was brainwashed during the majority of Avengers. So I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Batman fans are assholes.

As a Batman fan, I can confirm this is true.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Age of Ultron will always amuse me for the Hulkbuster beating the Hulk. That just does not loving happen as I understand the comics.

I loved the Hulkbuster fight, but i agree the ending to it sucked. They showed Hulk looking around dazed at the people running in fear and the destruction they caused, I expected him to revert to Banner due to his anger being replaced with remorse and horror. But nope, Iron Man punches him in the head once more and that somehow knocks him out after all the other fighting did nothing to really hurt him.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Nevertheless, I think what it had was a bit underwhelming. As I recall, most of Anakin going one-on-one with Dooku is close-ups of them in shadow waving their weapons around and I remember Yoda fighting Dooku being the coolest thing ever when I was 11 but I've not really been as impressed by it whenever I've gone back to it. :shrug:

I enjoyed the five seconds of Anakin duel-wielding lightsabers when I first saw the movie as a teenager

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'm probably being ignorantly naive but I think the Solo trailers look pretty good, like I'm kinda excited to see it. I mean the guy playing Han doesn't look, act, or sound right at all but I'm going to do my best to ignore that....

He was great in Hail Caesar! so I'm actually looking forward to seeing how he does in Solo. If it wasn't for the drama with changing directors mid-filming I'd be pretty hyped about the movie as a whole, even then I'm still cautiously optimistic from the latest trailer (I also enjoyed FA, LJ, and RO to varying degrees though so I'm not too hard to please I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Fartbox posted:

I don't remember any scores from any marvel movies because they are so furiously generic and forgettable

I thought Doctor Strange's theme was pretty memorable, though I've heard some people complain that it sounds too much like the theme to the newer Star Trek (both were scored by Michael Giacchino)

• Locked thread