Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Zemo realized he's a character in a Captain America movie, so his whole plan hinges on Captain America triumphing and he and Tony setting aside their differences to fight the real villai- no, gently caress you, Bucky killed your mom, I win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

The act is specifically for the Avengers.

Apparently the inhumans on Agents of SHIELD are going to be required to register under the act, so that's not entirely true.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm just curious why Sharon's name is also Carter. I thought Peggy only had one brother, who died childless. Did Sharon's dad just happen to also be a Carter? Did Sharon choose to go by Carter out of respect for her awesome great-aunt?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Ryan Reynolds should play Blue Beetle for that sweet RGB trifecta.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but what's the red part of that? Are you counting Deadpool?

Yes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

McLaughlin would make an awesome Mephesto

Nah, Ray Wise as Mephisto.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Daredevil probably would have been down. Dude loves punching stuff.

Daredevil probably would have been on Cap's side. Hell, he probably would have offered to represent Bucky in court.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Don't pretend you don't read the dialogue in every Wolverine comic in the voice from the cartoon

Actually, I can't ever hear him as anything but Steve Blum.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Thor doesn't get nearly enough love, in my opinion. I love that it's basically a tragedy with Loki as the doomed hero, succeeding in stopping Thor from becoming the destructive, warmongering king of Asgard, only to consequently become exactly that himself.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Cap didn't know. Whether you choose to believe it's honest ignorance or willful self-deception, that's up to you, but Steve says he didn't know, and there's no reason to disbelieve him at that point.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Tony makes a move to Bucky just as the tape ends, Cap places his hand on Tony's shoulder, "Tony Tony"

A sullen Tony collects his thoughts for a moment before looking into Cap's eyes, "Did you know?"

Cap, "I didn't know it was him"

Tony, stirring with anger leans in a bit as his eyes brim with tears he's holding back "Don't bullshit me Rogers, did you know?"

Cap, "Yes."

Tony shakes back a step, clearly heartbroken by the news. He gives the moment a pause, then strikes Cap and the fight with Bucky begins.

I interpreted it as:

"Did you know [my parents were murdered]?"

"[Yes, but] I didn't know it was [Bucky who did it]-"

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know [my parents were murdered]?!?"

"...Yes."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shawn posted:

And red m&m is Fry.

And Mr. Krabs is The Kurgan!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Seems to me Batman v Superman was what a lot of people expected, which was why they didn't go see it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Monaghan posted:

well they said it's going to be lighter and more fun, but this is coming from the same director who thought that having jimmy olsen get shot in the head by a terrorist was "fun."

Is this actually a thing that was said?

Because Jesus Christ...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Toxxupation posted:

Dude on the right has memorized the age of consent laws in every country on earth.

Does he carry a laminated copy of the Romeo and Juliet law in his wallet so he can flash it at any angry fathers who threaten to call the cops on him?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

We've seen the Cosmic Cube/Tesseract, the thing from Thor 2, and the Gem from GotG. I may be forgetting something but I think that's it.

The Tesseract, the Aether, the Orb, and Loki's sceptre, unless I'm mistaken. Doctor Strange will probably introduce one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

We haven't seen any good candidate for the time gem, I think, so I'm holding out hope for GotG2 being a time-travel adventure.

I don't know if that would be a good idea or not. Given that Guardians of the Galaxy was entirely about accepting and letting go of the past, I feel like having the sequel be about being able to travel to the past might be either retreading or invalidating the message of the first movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
According to Wikipedia (so, y'know...), the Tesseract is the Space Gem, the Aether is the Reality Gem, the Orb is the Power Gem, and Vision's bindi is the Mind Gem. That leaves the Time and Soul gems. Given the supernatural nature of Doctor Strange, my money would be on the Eye of Agamotto being the Soul Gem.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Now slap a blue filter over those literally black and white images.

Colourful!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

I think I'm the only person on this forum who liked both ASM movies.

I may very well have liked them. Hard to know, since I can't remember a single thing about either of them.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Fuckin' grade school PTSD time. They would hype Pizza Day for weeks. They made your parents send you in with $5 to pay for it. They plastered the hallways with posters featuring delicious looking pizzas. And then? This. Fuckin' this. Without fail. Fuckin' cold tomato sauce dumped on stale Wonder Bread.

An education in disappointment.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Iron Man 3, both Thor movies, and especially Captain America had awesome themes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Using the Johnny Cash version of Hurt was both entirely too on the nose, and an excellent choice because it's an excellent song.

I hurt myself today
To see if I still heal

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02S6ucfp1sU

That does not cut early. When that video ends, the credits roll.

I mean, say what you will about Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and don't get me wrong, there's a lot of bad things to say about it), but that's a really good scene. If it had been a prelude to an actual fight, I think we'd be posting it as an example of what that movie did right rather than what it did wrong.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

The general movie going public love movies about magic.

Pssh, yeah right. Name one popular film franchise about magic. One!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The magic of brotherly love doesn't count!

Also, one movie isn't a franchise!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Silvestri did the Avengers theme, not Elfman.

ELfman's AoU score is incredibly forgettable I think.

Elfman's Age of Ultron soundtrack was the first one that tried to really integrate the distinct themes of the individual heroes. You get variations on Brian Tyler's Iron Man and Thor cues and even a bit of Silvestri's Cap March towards the end. And, of course, Elfman's Avengers theme acts as kind of an evolution or extrapolation of Silvestri's original Avengers theme.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Fury says "look what I pulled out of mothballs" in AoU. Nevermind Phil has been building a new one all season long on AoS.

He mentions some "friends" who helped him put it back together, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lobok posted:

If Strange were from the UK he'd definitely be portrayed by an American actor.

Almost definitely Johnny Depp.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Question IRL posted:

And I'm fairly sure that one of the books in the mystical library was the Darkhold.

No, the Darkhold is elsewhere right now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

Who likes carnage

Lin-Manuel Miranda, for one.

Gotta say, wouldn't mind a musical Carnage.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

redbackground posted:

I have never heard this song before :/

It was just playing in the Five Guys I walked into for lunch.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

rantmo posted:

They could have made the same point without killing one of the most central characters of classic Daredevil.

I think that was kind of the point. To inject suspense into the plot since anyone can die, even established comic book characters.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Is there anything at all that could make poison ivy actually interesting?

Work in some pathos and body horror. The best Ivy story, in my opinion, is the cartoon where she genuinely wants to settle down, go straight, and start a family, but her solution to that is to create plant clones that start out as her children, quickly age to adulthood to pose as her husband, then devolve into mindless plant monstrosities before dissolving into a puddle of goo.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

That was ridiculously hyperbolic, but Agents of SHIELD is a good show worth watching.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ahem...Brother Numpsay! Dear, sweet brother Numpsay!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't the Dolph Punisher film shot in 1987 and it sat in a drawer for a few years?

Apparently it was slated to be released about two months after Batman premiered, but was pushed back until April, '91. Except in West Germany. It sounds like a very complicated production.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A better question is if you wanna devastate a city and you have a giant microwave death ray...why not just cut out the middle man? Or middle scarecrow, in this case, I guess.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Ronan fits in well with the themes of Guardians of the Galaxy (loss and moving on). He's a terrorist who's motivated entirely by the sacrifices of "my father and my father's father". He can't move past that loss, so it festers, poisons him, and makes him callous and destructive. Quill, on the other hand, overcomes Ronan by finally letting go of his tragic loss (his mother) and taking his place as the head of his new surrogate family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

No I think he does it with a dance off.

The dance off was a distraction.

• Locked thread