Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I am gonna drink Coors Banquet and Evan Williams tonight because I'm not really a tequila person.

:taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico:
I will be eating some Mexican food tonight because gently caress you.
:taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico: :taco::mexico:

Post about your drinking status in this thread. Gracias.

Also look at this poo poo:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/05/05/oakland-calif-police-cancel-cinco-de-mayo-dui-checkpoints-after-outcry/

quote:

A warning about drunk-driving checkpoints during the Cinco de Mayo holiday got the Oakland (Calif.) Police Department in hot water.

The lengthy warning, titled “Fiesta Time or Jail Times,” about driving while intoxicated made many references to such drinks as tequila and margaritas, and many people complained it was offensive.

“In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has become synonymous with festive fiestas and salty margaritas,” the warning said. “Historically, the fifth of May commemorates Mexico’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War, but present-day celebrations often lead to drunk driving—and there’s no victory in that.”

Criticism about the warning prompted the Oakland Police Department to issue an apology and then cancel the checkpoints.

“The Oakland Police Department would like to apologize for the recent press release addressing traffic safety enforcement during the Cinco de Mayo holiday,” the department said in a statement, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “We acknowledge that the language in the message sent was completely insensitive to the cultural holiday.”

The decision to cancel the checkpoints came after a backlash on social media.

“Oakland Police has posted on their Twitter account they’re going to put out Extra Patrols for you drunk Mexicans on Cinco de Mayo,” said a post on the Facebook page Oakland Latinos United. “How does it feel. As a Mexican Chicano I wonder if OPD will be posting DUI PSAs for every ethnic & culturally based holiday?”

But others say the decision by Oakland police was absurd.

“Police departments conduct these things on a lot of holidays, such as the Fourth of July, where they think people may have drinks and get behind the wheel,” said Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation of American Immigration Reform, or FAIR, who lived in California for many years. “This is what are police are supposed to be doing. Just because a few hyper-sensitive people get their feelings hurt shouldn’t be cause to put every motorist’s safety at risk. It’s the height of absurdity in political correctness.”

Oakland spokeswoman Johnna Watson defended the intent behind the warning, which she said generated several email complaints to the department.

"It's important not to lose focus that our intention is to remind everyone of public safety and if you are going to be drinking, to designate a sober driver," Watson said, according to the San Jose Mercury News. "At the same time, we have to be careful about our language and not use words that can be offensive."

The Mercury News said that Oakland City Councilman Abel Guillen, a Mexican-American, sympathizes with critics of the warning.

"Not everyone celebrates that day by drinking margaritas," Guillen said.

Police officials stress that they’ll still be vigilant, as they typically are on certain holidays, about drivers who drink too much.

lmao a bunch of whiny mexicans got the cops to cancel DUI checkpoints. Incredible.

Trump 2016 motherfuckers!!!!!!

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im goin to celebrate by jumping off a bridge

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i'll just be hanging around. by my neck

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Google Music has a 3 Cinco De Mayo stations, ranging from Modern Contemporary Latino music to "¡AY YAY YAY! YO ME GUSTA TAQUIÑOS Y ARROZ CON FRIJOLES"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i spent $22 on a lousinana red hot dog and a cucumber chipolte margarita

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I didn't know Mexicans actually celebrated Cinco de Mayo. I thought it was just a white people thing.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

that sounds really good

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I don't know, I can still feel the 4th with me, so I'm not really in mood.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

is this the last cinco de mayo ever in america? who knows

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
For some an excuse to get drunk. For others, a day to get drunk in public for a change.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I didn't know Mexicans actually celebrated Cinco de Mayo. I thought it was just a white people thing.

There's plenty of white mexicans. Hell mitt romney is technically mexican

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dad gay. so what posted:

Those names are so bad that they've started to sound good again

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mange Mite posted:

There's plenty of white mexicans. Hell mitt romney is technically mexican

Counterpoint: Mexicans are brown

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZC-j48JWg

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I was about to post this :mad:

embed in the OP

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

that sounds really good

it was but i think i may have been overcharged, o h yeah i had the baked beans too and some secret shooters

http://www.bikerjimsdogs.com/

Triamcinolone
Oct 18, 2009
lol people are going to die now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gonna get a ton of del taco and crush a bottle of tequila AYYYYIIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIIAIAIAIAIAAAAIIIII

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im not going to drink because its illegal for me to drink until September of this year

of course I still drink from time to time but i m definitely not going to do so on a drinking holiday

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dad gay. so what posted:

it was but i think i may have been overcharged, o h yeah i had the baked beans too and some secret shooters

"Biker Jim’s craveable concept pimps 15 gourmet sausages"

lmao you loving tool

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'll probably get some KFC NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN tonight for Cinco

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'll probably get some KFC NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN tonight for Cinco

I just went to my local KFC and they didn't have it :(

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

dad gay. so what posted:

That guy doesn't know what the hell he's doing, not a slaw dog in sight.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I'm going to buy a Trump dakimakura.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im gonna roll up all the windows in my car and scream as loud as i can until i pass out

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
oh gently caress I forgot I got drunk last night and bought a burrito from the mexican place across the street from me, gonna eat that gently caress outta that badboi and celebrate mexican heritage of beating the french at war (lol)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
oh poo poo it's cinco de mayo i will go and buy a 6 pack of corona light and drink 1 or 2 for my mexican brethren

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
we are having a work party at 3pm catered by a local taco shop

gonna have some good poops tomorrow.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

As long as a country makes some garbage beer you can buy in a big can at a gas station, retarded white Americans will celebrate its national holidays. See: St. Patrick's Day

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Infidel Castro posted:

As long as a country makes some garbage beer you can buy in a big can at a gas station, retarded white Americans will celebrate its national holidays. See: St. Patrick's Day

getting tanked while celebrating the heritage of a nationality that yo uarent is part of the American way, we are a loving melting pot and we accept all races and creeds and show that acceptance by drinking beer from other countries until we puke and pass out :911:

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
corona sucks.

Mezcal is my jam

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
modelo especial is the best cerveza especially once you add some clamato and lime juice and salt and worchestshire

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
big ups to our friends south of the border, wut wut

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i got ripshit drunk last night so idk if I'll drink again 2night might wait until the weekend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people that buy corona are loving retards

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Chinatown posted:

people that buy corona are loving retards

Don't sign your posts :grin:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

"Biker Jim’s craveable concept pimps 15 gourmet sausages"

lmao you loving tool

poo poo is tite, fuckface

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
kill yourself, nooner

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Captain Yossarian posted:

Don't sign your posts :grin:

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Well it's not every day that a DUI announcement teaches you something about history.

• Locked thread