Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well I guess it was the old thread's time anyway, it's been over a year since DFO came back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Just got back from Civil War, it was so freaking awesome. I'm sorry for abruptly leaving the OV party though, I should have said that I was on a time limit before.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Somefool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvpNdPcANE

So how about that Dark Knight awakening? At this rate might as well give them 2nd awakenings too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0xZHR615E

:catdrugs:

So what I'm seeing is Dark Knight becomes EVEN MORE of a lazy ripoff of all the Slayer subs, while Creator goes on to become the ultimate hold class in the game, but still deals no damage.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
My Final (in so much as I won't be running it anymore in the hopes of getting set pieces) Verdict on Otherverse: gently caress Otherverse. My pending verdict on Hell Mode and trying to play the DFO Market for gold and items: gently caress this.

Sometimes I don't know why I like this game.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ya know man, I know you don't like it, but going Short Sword isn't like, bad or anything, everybody likes what they like, regardless of how objectively good it is overall. I want to say gently caress katana users though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It is not weapon swap heavy. It is fast though and it's great.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Black Balloon posted:

gently caress me. So there's one +2 ESSM title on the AH, for 150 million. And I can buy a behemoth egg for 30 million with 15-20 skills. ESSM plats will run me 99 mil each.

SS Sword Master is stupid and I hate everything.

Black Balloon posted:

Yeah I'm gonna be waiting. I have a perfectly solid build as it is, even for anton raid. So I'm in no great rush. We'll get better events further down the line that'll make the switch more palatable.

On behalf of my own dream of getting high ESSM and being a good SS SM, thank you.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah I'm thirding the recommendation for Selist. IF (if) you get a second ordinary spirit, it should likely be shadow because at higher levels Dead Murker shits out damage. Hive is soooo goood and you will love it once you gain access to it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
fool, I see you in there, spamming memes along with everybody else...so am I.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If Floo were a better boss Ghost Train would be massively improved.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm sorry, I heard Organization! The Kartel.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
DFO's world and...I was going to say story, but really it's more plot details and background information, is really interesting. I do kind of hate how a lot of it seems like it's out of game. I mentioned this before, but we knew Hilder's true plan and intentions waaaaay before it comes up in-game. Speaking of, I think our character STILL has no real idea what they're doing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah at level 86 my SM was making 8 million exp on it, those dungeons are ridiculously good for exp. They are also buggy as poo poo. Not to mention annoying to run.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Considering the many waifus of DFO, your phone has its priorities in order. Depending on your answer, you just might too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Well, your response wasn't "Lenny" so I have to say you still have good taste.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If that prediction comes true then the minute it's announced I would probably go ahead and delete my Asura, and to hell with whatever stuff he has on him at the time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why do all the Male Mage classes look so edgy while the Female Mages all, either 1st or 2nd awakening, look like they're loving this poo poo?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I have, I'll edit this post with the link once I've found it again for you. Nether plays zerk right? He's already familiar with dealing blood damage to enemies.

EDIT: Male Mage subclass previews at 10:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLT_ave5lcQ

Gologle fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 14, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Losing 100% uptime on Zealous Creature is actually a huge nerf because that Zealous gives not only a ton of Strength, Int, and all that stat jazz to your summons, but more importantly sets their AI to bum gently caress crazy mode. Add Lasher to that, and even the most passive summons (which IIRC are either Wisps or Naias') will rush the hell out of enemies.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Man, I'm really bummed out about Zealous actually. It's almost like it's back to how it was in 70 cap. For those who weren't around then, Zealous's uptime was impossible to make 100% back then, so you had the option of having it on half the dungeon and by the time it cooled off you had basically beaten the dungeon already so why even bother, or not using the skill at all and putting those points into more deserving stuff. Guess which one people usually chose?

I hate having almost useless 45 skills. Its as bad as Ele Bomber's Elemental Rain used to be, only it's a buff skill this time. At least the way it currently is, if they don't change it further in the test server of course, it's only around 10 seconds of downtime before you can cast it again, but still, it's a bummer.

EDIT: Although the Zealous nerf is disappointing, it's nowhere near as bad as the nerf to Elemental Burn. Like holy poo poo, if you're not an Elementalist I don't see why you should even bother anymore. The same for Ancient Library. Although with the SP you save from Burn and/or Library, you could possibly max either another T2 or Louise again, so that becomes an option.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 15, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The Summoner nerfs are nearly negligible. Apparently though according to one or two posts I've seen it does make it so you can't do double tainted echeverria anymore, but I'm not sure why, as the only things that won't snapshop anymore, according to those notes, are elemental damage and magic crit, neither of which double tainted eche gives you (IIRC, it's just attack strength and whatever green imbue does to eche).

Sword Master remains Waifu Queen.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I hope Blood Mage won't have that same low HP gimmick. The price for blood damage is too high, too high I say!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
At last, finally this stupid Demon Challenge secondary currency can stop. Although, unfortunately, I have a feeling gold selling will start to make a resurgence, but you can't win 'em all.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So am I, brother. So am I. Any bets on what the price will eventually settle down to?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Your tombstone(s) will read: Your Everything.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This launcher is way too big on my laptop. However, on my desktop it looks fine. I don't even know why I still have DFO on my laptop anyway considering I cannot get it to run, but I guess hope springs eternal.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
INSIGNIA OF BEAST

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, same. I'll send a request on my Asura, M. Nen, and Crusader, because those three are the ones I'll be doing OV with.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
D R A C U L A

LITERALLY KID DRACULA.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
On a scale of Demon Slayer to Berserker, I predict Blood Mage has a damage output of approximately 1.3 blood damage per second (bdps).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The message only allows 12 letters though, that was barely enough for my main character's name and a space and a number.

EDIT: My point is probably just post in the thread what characters you're sending a request with

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The memory leak's been going on for a long time now though. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The Epic rework went live sometime yesterday and the changes are now documented in the Google Doc file in the first post of this thread: http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-epic-equipment-rework-update-july-28.12418/

A couple interesting things to note is that apparently Mana Vortex now resets any skill whose cooldown is 30s or less, whereas before it was apparently just 1-45 skills, Nature Guardian's pieces got a patk/matk nerf of about 12 per piece from what they were in test server (which still makes it outrageously good), and Berserk is still the go-to Fighter weapon if you got it. Overall more or less negligible changes from what the Epic sets were in test server. Good game Neople, I appreciate you.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Imp you didn't even need that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The 2nd one left because they just couldn't handle it, man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I sure hope they're selectable, otherwise I'm gonna be mildly mad that I leveled a new character for 4 out of the six things I made it for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
What if it turns out he has 200 dudes? Checkmate Balloon, you lose again :smug:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Zelmel posted:

So lore-wise (hahaha lore), demonic lancer is basically just slayer with a demonic pointed stick instead of a demonic arm, right?

I think, I think, the difference is that Slayer's Kazan Syndrome/Ghost Arm slowly possesses you and turns you into a monster (a berserker, in other words) until you die an inevitably gory death, whereas with the Demonic Lance you either feed it power/blood/other Lances/whatever, battle related stuff, or it straight up kills you. They both are lovely things to have. Being males in DFO suck.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ryb's fuckin' Discord cult grows stronger with each passing day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Wow, fantasy New York looks slightly more dirty than actual New York. GG Neople, ya did good.