Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salmiakki

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

In my attic there is a painting of me that never posted in byob and is also more successful than I am

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i remember the forum hitting hundreds of pages in like a day

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

We were whaling in uncharted waters. Four years out and we were running out of time and provisions but our holds were hollow for lack of precious oil. The weather grew still and warm and on those becalmed waters we heard plaintive cries echoing from horizon to horizon. Thinking they might be as yet undiscovered whales for the taking, our lookouts strained their eyes to bursting, but found no purchase in those hazy seas. As days went on, those murky doldrums drove us to the very brink of madness. The thickening haze confused the senses, made us truant in our duties and added hunger to our shrinking bellies. The crying grew. Some of the men said they could glean words from the mournful crying, but our stalwart captain pronounced these as mere humbug. And then, on the eighth day of our captivity the waves began to roil and the young midshipman on the watch screamed that he had spotted land. A volcanic island spewing smoke had appeared two points to starboard and seemed, at first, to be a source of salvation at last from our torment. But such was or folly that the hideous place was befouled with hazardous reefs and hidden shoals and the more we fought the awful current that drew us toward that cursed place, the more our course became true to our doom. I remember before the horrible crack of our keel breaking its spine upon the rocks, that splenetic volcano rose afore our foundering vessel. But what we spied was not a volcano, but belial's own pipe, burning that foul smoke that burned our lungs and beskunked our linens from a sort of chamber on its lee. And as I watched its devils chamber bubble with demonic purpose did I finally too hear the words of that baleful chant.

It has been years now since I, the lone survivor, clawed my tattered weed-rear end upon the shores of byob, but I will never forget the words of that siren's song: "hurf de durf, it's byob time!"

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 8, 2016

cuntman.net

lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

We were whaling in uncharted waters. Four years out and we were running out of time and provisions but our holds were hollow for lack of precious oil. The weather grew still and warm and on those becalmed waters we heard plaintive cries echoing from horizon to horizon. Thinking they might be as yet undiscovered whales for the taking, our lookouts strained their eyes to bursting, but found no purchase in those hazy seas. As days went on, those murky doldrums drove us to the very brink of madness. The thickening haze confused the senses, made us truant in our duties and added hunger to our shrinking bellies. The crying grew. Some of the men said they could glean words from the mournful crying, but our stalwart captain pronounced these as mere humbug. And then, on the eighth day of our captivity the waves began to roil and the young midshipman on the watch screamed that he had spotted land. A volcanic island spewing smoke had appeared two points to starboard and seemed, at first, to be a source of salvation at last from our torment. But such was or folly that the hideous place was befouled with hazardous reefs and hidden shoals and the more we fought the awful current that drew us toward that cursed place, the more our course became true to our doom. I remember before the horrible crack of our keel breaking its spine upon the rocks, that splenetic volcano rose afore our foundering vessel. But what we spied was not a volcano, but belial's own pipe, burning that foul smoke that burned our lungs and beskunked our linens from a sort of chamber on its lee. And as I watched its devils chamber bubble with demonic purpose did I finally too hear the words of that baleful chant.

It has been years now since I, the lone survivor, clawed my tattered weed-rear end upon the shores of byob, but I will never forget the words of that siren's song: "hurf de durf, it's byob time!"

Siren's Song

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

MrWillsauce

blaise rascal posted:

I had just gotten off my shift at the Metallica Factory and was heading home to have sex with my wife when a ghostly apparition appeared before me, and said, "Stop being cool... Become gay... Post in the chill forum." Its voice stuck in my memory. Before long, I became so uncool that I lost my job at the Metallica Factory. I became so gay that my beautiful wife of 69 years left me forever. I started posting in BYOB so often that my fingers bled.

These days my mind is filled with thoughts like, "Haha, look at that cat up there! He's just sitting in his hammock." I am at peace.

yet another success story from byob

Twerkteam Pizza

I was alone in my parents house when my kitty told me about the weed rear end. From that moment on I have seen the light of BYOB

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
tfw you're a byob lurker and you worry about making a mistake in your first post :qq:

Potato Salad

nobody cares

^ Like this first post in byob.

I still have no loving idea what is going on.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Potato Salad posted:

i still have no idea whats going on

but i do know that your av is awesome

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

Me too. Love the av btw. :w2byob:

Armitage

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I remember the first version of byob

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I think arnie banned me one time. Then I went to gbs and posted badly and got banned some more. Then (6 months ago?) I posted in the fluffieduckie AV thread and that's how babies are born.

e: First Post

super mario batali fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 10, 2016

Strawberry Jam

drilldo squirt posted:

I remember unironic tier lists and bwee.

i just unbanned myself after who knows how long is this not what happens anymore

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I mean, if you have a tier list by all means....

Strawberry Jam
surely we ca spend a few hours discussing Posting Styles yes?

----------------

bean mom

I came to byob because of amusing bottom of the page advertisement crafted to trick a person like myself seeking the CHILL. I don't even do drugs, I just wanted to hang out with nice people and make nice posts.

Another Byob Success Story

----------------

big black turnout

i have "discovered" byob many times so to speak but there are so many good posters i end up not posting and then forgetting about it

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Strawberry Jam posted:

surely we ca spend a few hours discussing Posting Styles yes?

Back then byob was not that good.

----------------

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i have here, in my hands, a list of liches
are they ranked? I hear you ask
are they in tiers? it may be so
I assure you these liches are among us, posting as if ordinary posters

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
On the contrary byob was only cool back then. now the only cool thing today is being normal.

mags

It is really cool to post here while hating it

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
99 problems but a lich aint one

The X-man cometh
I was taking a walk and saw a sign that said "No Mods, No Masters". I walked in the door just in time to hear Windmill Slayer tell a tale of the world's worst 21st birthday party. I knew I had found a wonderful new home.

Commie NedFlanders

it was the summer of '06, i was young an adventurous. "welcome" they said, "everyone is chill here". it seemed like a place to hang out, post some jokes or thoughts, make some friends.

it's 10 years later and look at me now kids. just look at my face. don't let it happen to you. :stare:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

drilldo squirt

Nice rear end, haha.

----------------

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I remember. I remember it all. It was a cold Tuesday afternoon in Brisbane. Uncharacteristically cold for June, but the 1870s were uncharacteristically cold in general, just ask anyone else. On my walk to the tavern to have a Foster's or two, I passed by a group of people, smoking the Devil's lettuce and laughing to themselves about the undead or something equally ridiculous. I thought nothing of it at the time, but if I could relive those moments I would have stopped and joined them. I made it to the tavern, had my drinks, and late that evening began the brisk stroll home. The grassy spot the group had been standing in was frosted, no, frozen over. As if all warmth had fled the area. While inspecting the climatic abnormality, a gust rose up and I was bitten by a chill, coursing through my bones and shaking me to my core. When approaching my front door, I noticed a large frog sitting in front of it. I requested that he move, right as the clock tower struck midnight. He opened his mouth, and instead of a croak I heard him begin to speak! He said to me, "It is Wednesday, my dudes" and I realized that I now had the chill inside me and could do anything. I timehopped nearly 140 years and created an account on the world wide web dot something is awful dot com forums and eventually found my way to the blue section, where I found the group of what I now know to be chill posters, on the chill forum.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
and to make a long story short, that's how i found out about byob

Piso Mojado

I was told there would be free pizza if I posted.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
A girl in the mental hospital where I worked over the summer told me about it.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

misty mountaintop posted:

i feel like this story could use some more fleshing out if possible...

google THIS

staff or patient, as if we didn't know

Spiderjelly

Sign of evil.
matt damon

drilldo squirt

----------------

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

google THIS posted:

staff or patient, as if we didn't know

Staff, but that's not as good of a story. If it helps, she crazy anyway, and got fired for making fun of the patients.

----------------

google THIS

that's extremely byob circa 2014

mags

Staff, but that's not as good of a story. If it helps, she crazy anyway, and got fired for making fun of the patients.

I kinda want to hear more about this person.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

mister magpie posted:

I kinda want to hear more about this person.

yes please :)

3D Megadoodoo

as i recall it was a wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Jerry Cotton posted:

as i recall it was a wednesday
hm yeah that explains things

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av