Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't want to rain on your parade but half the features in the OP sound kind of drastically unfun. Why shouldn't soloing be rewarding? Why is there not a tutorial? Why penalize death in a game that seems to be actively shooting for a steep learning curve? Why require reagents? What's wrong with quest hubs?

Sure, you've got a lot of things that distinguish your game, but I'm really not hearing any case for how any of these decisions add up to something enjoyable. You've told us what, now tell us why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Carmant posted:

Some people like that stuff but you don't so it's okay to not play the game or post in the thread. Anyway, cya.

Wow, you addressed all my doubts!

Seriously man, I hate to poo poo on your project but you did a really poor job of selling it and I was legitmately trying to prompt you to tell me what the appeal is, and the only answers I've gotten are "this is how MMOs used to be" and "please leave".

But yeah, I don't see what the appeal is. I really don't. :shrug:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I think I get it now - being directly responsible for your rise in power does sound kinda neat. I apologize for my apparently successful attempt not to understand earlier.

• Locked thread