Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Results: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/primaries/2016-05-07

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-guam-222847

quote:

The lingering race for the Democratic presidential nomination is moving to an unlikely battleground this week: the tiny island territory of Guam.

Both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are running radio advertisements on the Western Pacific island, costing each candidate more than $10,000, before Democrats cast their ballots in the island’s caucuses this Saturday.

Clinton went up on the airwaves first, according to data provided by the media-monitoring company The Tracking Firm. She reserved about $22,000 on a number of stations on the island, beginning Tuesday and running through Saturday.

Sanders responded on Thursday, making a $12,000 outlay through Saturday on many of the same stations.

Persuasion efforts on the island haven’t been limited to radio advertising: Chelsea Clinton penned an op-ed supporting her mother’s campaign for the Pacific Daily News published on Wednesday. “My mom is running to break down all the barriers that still stand in our way, and Guam has more than its fair share of barriers,” she wrote for the paper. “I hope that the people of Guam know that a President Hillary Clinton would pay attention to Guam and Guam’s issues and fight every day to provide the same ladders to opportunity as on the mainland.”

Guam will send 12 delegates to the Democratic convention this summer — seven pledged delegates and five superdelegates.

The candidates themselves won’t be traveling to Guam — they are focused on the primary in West Virginia next Tuesday, and the May 17 primaries in Kentucky and Oregon.

Voting in Guam will be conducted Saturday from 10 a.m. through 8 p.m. local time at a shopping mall in the capital of Hagåtña. The caucus is closed to non-Democrats, but already-enrolled voters can register with the party at the caucus site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
lol so the clintons are making more of an effort for loving guam than indiana? guess she realized that losing a bunch of contests going into the convention looks loving awful optically.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

lol so the clintons are making more of an effort for loving guam than indiana? guess she realized that losing a bunch of contests going into the convention looks loving awful optically.

its fine imo

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Hillary correctly assessed that Guam is more important than Indiana, IMO. At least Guam serves a tactical purpose.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Quorum posted:

Hillary correctly assessed that Guam is more important than Indiana, IMO. At least Guam serves a tactical purpose.

Wow incredibly rude.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know where Guam is. Like in the Pacific Ocean somewhere.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

clinton reportedly won the vote 60-40. important

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've wanted to go to Guam for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

angerbeet posted:

I don't know where Guam is. Like in the Pacific Ocean somewhere.

It's near Saipan and the other Mariana Islands. You know where those are, right?

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 16:17 on May 13, 2016

• Locked thread