Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Niggurath posted:

Hmmm, actually in retrospect I think this might be something more akin to 'Laura' in Kenji Eno's games. Because while this character has the same name and the same hosed fate in life, the first game (set in 1937) has Richard being 25 years old and this game (set in 1949) has Richard as being....25 years old. It's a bit strange that they'd keep the same age, same character name, and just have it be two totally different characters but I think maybe he's more like Laura or he just inherits the 'Richard Osmond' heroic moniker like Link.

And this holds especially true for something involving Echo Night: Beyond but I don't want to spoil it.

And finally, man, this game pretty much opens up super early with someone get shot in the face and another dude getting his neck snapped. They turned the violence up a tad since the first game.

I'm going to head cannon that he did something with certain red gems to gain immortality.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You know, I'm a little bit sad they didn't go with a really odd setting like the cruise ship last time.

Mansions are a bit, yanno, tried and tested in horror games; there's uhh, Amnesia and Resident Evil?

why not a horror game in a public library or a mall?
RE: Revelations takes place on 2 cruise ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Man, this game is neat. I wish I had gotten. To play it back in its era, I'd have trouble sitting through it now with its odd puzzles and old graphics.

Though at the same time it has a particular charm to it...

• Locked thread