Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

?????????

i can't think of many valid reasons that don't involve some sort of personality disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Facebook helps me be a better friend than I am by telling me when my friends have birthdays

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I was dropped on my head when I was a baby.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is GBS social media? This affects my answer.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Applewhite posted:

No

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Yes.

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

It's all a part of my comprehensive brand footprint, the importance of which cannot be understated in our digital-first age

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I use a twitter to see people's posts about the condition of the bike a path I use everyday.
Also I like Instagram for dog pictures.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

very regularly, to spread the Good News of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and also to raise Class Consciousness and offer Free ReNeducation to those lost souls blinded by the Spectacle of Capital

https://twitter.com/CommieFlanders

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Twitter is a great way to follow news.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

fakiebeanplant posted:

It's all a part of my comprehensive brand footprint, the importance of which cannot be understated in our digital-first age

My anime avatar really exemplifies my personal brand.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Apparently the NIH can track the spread of a disease, say swine flu, pretty accurately by tracking who bitches about being sick on Twitter.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

maybe the negatives of it outweigh the positives of it, just a bit? maybe?

oh god i hope my boss at facebook doesn't see this post

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
how do you use a twitter

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

vols bitch posted:

how do you use a twitter

just type words and hit enter

sort of like gbs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I follow people on Twitter who tweet about sports

and I complain about sports on Facebook to a bunch of people who don't care and probably hid my status updates years ago

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont use any of it. im an adult

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dad gay. so what posted:

i dont use any of it. im an adult

my grandma is older than you and she liked my status the other day

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Also do people use twitter to actually chat with their IRL friends because I hope not. Thats what texting is for.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Twitter really needs to increase the character limit from 140 IMO.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Immortan posted:

Also do people use twitter to actually chat with their IRL friends because I hope not. Thats what texting is for.

i haven't shared my twitter with anyone IRL, i just make allusions to it, pretending it's a secret superhero alter-ego

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I use it to raise awareness of important issues by stalking people and sending them threatening messages.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im tom from myspace

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
A few months ago I was going through my FB activity feed trying to delete my old posts. FB makes it virtually impossible to delete your history. I spent hours trying to make a dent in it. You can however, delete the entire account. There is a two week waiting period to make it permanent. My original intention was to recreate the account fresh and keep up with deleting my posts from the previous day every day.

The two week period being FB free gave me some perspective on just how much time I was wasting on this bullshit. My newsfeed had turned into a cesspool of reposting "likes" of ideas that people haven't even considered for mere seconds. Any of my friends that I tried to engage with on facebook were not interested in debate or logical thought. They only want to click "like" and move on to the next 3 seconds of their life. Many people will unfriend you if you express a differing opinion to something they post. I'm just done with it.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Mainly strava.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I use it to post non-stop aggressive left wing propaganda in the hope that I'll annoy everyone so much they'll all vote for trump.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I use twitter because sometimes at seven at night or whenever I will think about short messages I would like to send to semi-famous people and it thrills me to no end that now I can usually bother anybody my heart desires.

Go crazy. Tell Diamond Dallas Page that he needs to pipe the gently caress down with this "anybody can succeed" bullshit because some of us are born allergic to oxygen and collapse in a miserable heap moments after birth.

See what he says. The power is yours.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
I find it the most convenient and cost effective medium for sending dick pics.

Rockypug
Aug 4, 2006

Beware the Werepug!!!!!
I use social media to pretend like I have real friends

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a projector for my mom one christmas and didn't know what kind of mount to get for it. So I went on facebook and asked the companies facebook.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mandator posted:

?????????

i can't think of many valid reasons that don't involve some sort of personality disorder

jacking it to my cute female friends' pictures

amirite goons??

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I never use any of it. But this one cougar at the office is always asking me if I have a facebook. So eventually I might make one of those. Probably not though.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
i posted on facebook with a fake name and then i got ads for singlemuslim.com and then facebook wanted to see some id and i didnt show any because the name wasnt my name and then they shut down my account.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Citycop posted:

A few months ago I was going through my FB activity feed trying to delete my old posts. FB makes it virtually impossible to delete your history. I spent hours trying to make a dent in it. You can however, delete the entire account. There is a two week waiting period to make it permanent. My original intention was to recreate the account fresh and keep up with deleting my posts from the previous day every day.

The two week period being FB free gave me some perspective on just how much time I was wasting on this bullshit. My newsfeed had turned into a cesspool of reposting "likes" of ideas that people haven't even considered for mere seconds. Any of my friends that I tried to engage with on facebook were not interested in debate or logical thought. They only want to click "like" and move on to the next 3 seconds of their life. Many people will unfriend you if you express a differing opinion to something they post. I'm just done with it.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Never - Nothing.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I post pictures of my dog on instagram the world needs to see my dog

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dear Watson posted:

I post pictures of my dog on instagram the world needs to see my dog