Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Take it to the RG thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

That was the joke

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah the game breaks open pretty fast. I'm at that point where I get a few billion mythril and fly past 20k in like 30 seconds. Planning on finishing it soon. Great little game!

Seconding active skills. There's a relic that adds time to the active skills when you beat a boss so you pretty much have all of the skills active the entire run once you level that up.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

I thought it used the last hero you clicked on as basically the hero to focus on and if there was cash at the end of upgrading them it would be pushed out to the rest of the heroes. Highlighted rather well when you broke a gold crystal and the cash infusion made that one hero jump several levels above the others nearby.

That's my understanding as well

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

AFK + ALL upgrades all buddies while prioritizing the buddy that you clicked to start the process I think. There are higher buddies but I always see slayer getting upgraded first. I dunno

It think it works how Sage Grim explained, buddies

But it could also work the way the other guy said, it waits to upgrade everything. shrug

This post actually provided no information, woops.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 24, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Find (as in on the list, because you probably have them) the one's that give entire team HP & ATK, I was stuck around there and all of a sudden flew to 60k when I found those relics.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I started playing Kittengame again and it's kinda fun to 'play' as long as you speed hack it and use the Kittenscientists addon

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Fellis posted:

How do you hack it? I got to the end of kittengame like three years ago and I wouldn't want to play through 90% of that

Use Cheat Engine on chrome with the -no-sandbox flag

Select the second from the bottom process, set the speed hack to 50x and voila, the game is actually enjoyable. Even with 50x the steel middle game is a slog, but at least it's better than waiting 2 months for your first reset.

50x is about the upper limit of noticeable speed increase.

Also use KittenScientist. You can customize the crap out of it to automatically do a lot of stuff for you.

Here's the difference in speed:

Garfu fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 30, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Yeah, there's a whole lot more at the end now. Every planet has stuff on it and I think there are like 8 of them although I only saw 5 before I reset. They've added a bunch of mechanics mostly dealing with the mid to end game. I only started playing it again because they just recently merged like 6 months of updates from something like 20 contributors.

It's still slow as he'll without speed hacking it though.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I'd only play Trimps with a speedhack, and speedhacking doesn't work.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

How do I push past zone 170-180 in Trimps? I always seem to stall around 170. Here are my current perks:

(yes I edited my agility to get through zones faster, I don't think it even does anything above 20)

I always do challenges but I can't see how I can break out of this with the current perks. I've done like 7 runs in a row that end me with ~1.5m helium, and I keep pumping perks, but I still stall at 170.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Roflex posted:

I'm at about 10x that helium and still struggle with corrupted. Do a max stacks tox run to set a high bone portal and cash in bones on that until you're up around 100M (running tox or dailies) then you can start thinking about watch/lead runs. You might need to put more helium into coordinated too, even at your current level; at 130M helium I'm at 18 coordinated and it helps a ton. Can't tell from your perks (click "more info" to bring up total spent/cost on each) but I think you have too much in power, and you really only need 1 point in overkill until you're into the 100M range.

Ok cool, thanks

Garfu fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 4, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Is there a way to farm bones? I have 78 after 29 portals.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I closed Trimps for now. I got to the point where it seems like I'll just be doing zone 200 3m helium toxic runs for the foreseeable future with no end in site and no way to break much past 205 without running it over and over and over. Once I realized that I just closed the tab.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Roflex posted:

I think maybe your hacked agility is throwing off your progress relative to your helium. I'm at 130M (10x what you have, and also over 100 portals) and mostly still running lead/watch/dailies depending on what's up daily-wise and how active I plan on being, with a HZE of 194. General consensus from what I've seen is 300-500M minimum for the first push into the spire (around 20-21 coordinated, with 22-23 to complete it). To get up to those levels normally requires 10-20 runs of each repeatable challenge before pushing to the next one, and it seems like you've just broken the normal/intended progression by messing with agility.

All agility does is decrease the time between attacks for both bad guys and trimps, I don't see how that breaks progression...?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ah ok

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Kinda stuck in Soda Dungeon in the 3rd dimension around the level 270 mark. Seems like I just need to grind over and over in order to unlock the 500k soda. Am I doing something wrong? I'd rather just cheat in 500k then grind the same poo poo over and over about 10 times.

edit: Nvm figured it out. I needed to just to 10 level runs to slowly build up to 300, instead of started runs earlier.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 8, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

a messed up horse posted:

If you're grinding for gold be sure to use things like the Gold Shield (+30-40% gold per character depending on its level) and Vaan's Magnet if you have a spare accessory slot on a dude. That will let you start a hundred+ levels back and make the same for each monster as you would starting near your max.

I don't think the merchant is too useful, though. Thief seems better because he can hold a Magnet + whatever and you get all the chests from each boss to sell to the blacksmith.

I'm up to level 400 and haven't seen either of those things. Are they coming up soon?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

a messed up horse posted:

They're just (somewhat) rare drops. If you aren't running with a thief you might want to start (they give +20% to item drop). On a new dimension I like to do some runs starting at floor 20+ until I have enough hero bloods (the thing that makes you immune to status effects) for everyone, and by then I've usually got some gold shields. Magnets drop after I think floor 200 or so? Still rare. There's also a suit of armor that ups your gold drop too (Midas Plate), you're probably on a high enough floor to see those by now.

Ah yup I'm seeing the shields now. No magnets yet but I'm sure they will pop up, thanks.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

The trick for kittensgame is to use a speedhack set to 100x and Kitten Scientists. Then it becomes a 'fun' game to 'play'

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I tried playing the kitten game again but I forgot how loving boring it is, you're mostly sitting around trying to expand your resource caps so you can actually build things instead of the normal idle game thing where you stack multipliers to make your numbers huge.

Automater: java script:(function(){var d=document,s=d.createElement('script');s.src='https://rawgit.com/cameroncondry/cbc-kitten-scientists/master/kitten-scientists.user.js';d.body.appendChild(s);})();

Speed increaser: java script:setInterval(function(){gamePage.tick()},0)

Those two things make it fun

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

fwiw you can speed it up to 1.5 speed with a speed hack, but anything above that and the pauses to catch up take longer than the actual benefit of speed hacking it. The game code is obfuscated so I don't think there's a tickrate increaser a la kittensgame.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

It doesn't actually process anything faster than like 5ms anyway. I read that somewhere

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I had some bug in RG on my phone where it skipped ahead 23 days when I was offline. Hoping I can recreate it for when I can get to that point. Only on R14 now though

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Realm Grinder:

Does anyone know where it says the research points remaining for that reincarnation on the mobile version? Or maybe I still don't understand research even after reading the wiki page about it...

Oh wait I think I get it... I can get it up to a max of 136 on R16

edit: VVV yeah at first I thought I had a pool I could use among the 6 different facilities

Garfu fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 28, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

So this keeps happening, I was gone for 8 hours:

Not complaining...

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Emron posted:

QUICK GO FACELESS

Well did that last night and got ZERO offline progress. Like I had the app closed and my phone off for ~9 hours and when I got back on the progress thing didn't even pop up, hmm.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

headfake posted:

Yup, the numbers make sense when I turn that on. With it off it's still weird.

You're only seeing the trophies for the current factions buildings. There are way more buildings then what you listed spread out throughout good/evil/neutral/unique and it probably adds up to 538.

As soon as you get one of the trophies for those buildings, the pile of trophies for that building will show up

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

It still connects to Kongregate through Steam. Answer is no

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

A great way to break your RG addiction is to become aware of this: https://dox4242.github.io/edit/edit.html and it's 'Save age' section. If you set that to 30d and re-import your save you get 30 days of offline progress... go wild

regarding versions: I played exclusively on my phone and had no issues. The new UI lends itself well to mobile. Also the phone is the only platform that let me speedhack it.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 27, 2017

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Was having a nice time with Idle Wizard but then yeah, it got reaaaally slow (even with a speedhack)

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I started an UAC run and I didn't have any of the crystals or anything unlocked that helps move it along so now I'm sitting here not able to 'play' for a while.... :(

At least it's 20x speedhackable on nox

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Seriously, play ITRTG with nox and Game Guardian at 20x speed. It's been pretty fun playing that way.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Ignoranus posted:

I'm interested in trying this but the whole Nox thing makes me a little antsy. Do you just use your regular Google credentials to access the Play store and install stuff or do you have some alternate method or what?

Yep you just log in with google, or make a new google account from your main just for games (that's what I did).

Nox is pretty easy to set up and works pretty well.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

These are my stats:

and UBCs still take 12 days ughhhhhh

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Vil posted:

Considering all the things UBCs lock you out from, that doesn't really surprise me. There's not that substantial a difference between running UBC when you first beat Baal and running UBC when you're pimped out with god power and challenge rewards.
Yeah I'm aware. I guess the point was gently caress UBCs

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Any challenge that doesn't reset your multipliers and lets you keep your god powered stuff are pretty easy.

I've been doing the God Skip challenges lately and I'm up to 20 now and they seem easy enough. Also you benefit from banked godpower more with those challenges complete.

I use this guide when I need to reference something: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701036862

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

something posted:

Actually for UBC, good pets can make a huge difference! You set them on a 1 hour run, for god power, you can get a couple each run which can really speed up progress! You can also use any liquids and pills you've built up, if you wanna go that far. Or on Kong, use ad points for a cs boost.

Oh yeah, god power via pet campaigns would probably help quite a bit.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

MikusR posted:

You know that you can rebirth during those?

Yes, of course. They still take a while since all you get to keep are your 1 caps.

The 12 days wasn't an exaggeration, but probably inflated due to leaving it afk for a while. I'll see how fast I can do one with active playing. So far that's been the only challenge that's annoying to do, besides the UAC of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I think I might be missing something with progression in NGU at the moment. I'm at 1 undecillion power on rebirth and It's been only doubling at most the past few rebirths. It takes forever to upgrade the time machine so there's not enough gold to go around. I'm able to idle in the forest and I've been upgrading my gear accordingly. Does it just get slow around this point?

edit: woops forgot stats:
140k max energy
3 energy power

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 16, 2017