Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Have they done anything with crafting at all since I played 18 months ago or is it pretty much the same?

Last time I had played they had just added colored logs I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yea ok sounds like the same as when I played, I was just curious if anything else had been expanded with that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Are there any challenging but doable hard PVM encounters on this shard that anyone in the group ever does?

I know PVP is the main attraction but I thought it would be cool if any of the random dungeons or whatever were actually doable. Last I remember they were absolutely not because as soon as anyone goes in they are instantly killed by 20 monsters and there's just no way to clear them.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FormerFatty posted:

Theres plenty of challenging PVM encounters on here... RDAs, champs, mini bosses, etc -- while I dont really like PVM, we have a LARGE contingent of PVM players now and we end up doing lots of PVM bosses as they create PVP for us and get us rich.

Oh nice. How many people regularly play in the goon group nowadays?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow that is actually way more than I thought.

Maybe I'll check it out again, I think I still have like a million in the bank or something from last time I played

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Got everything reinstalled, even dug up all my old macros from my previous install (whew), so I can pretty much get back into things pretty quickly.

I apparently had about a million gold in the bank too from selling out all my vendor poo poo from last time.

Are any of the dexer talismans worth doing? poo poo like "have a 25% chance of swinging twice every 30 seconds" sounds terrible offhand but people are saying the berserker talisman is really good so maybe I'm missing some part of the equation. The resilience one actually sounded good to me since you could just tank everything and who cares if it takes awhile to kill, it sounds pretty safe, but people are saying that's like the worst one on the forums.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just got my meta dexer talisman and I'm up like a million at poker which is pretty cool, hopefully I can just grind out enough to get some relics on it soon

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite UO situations was when we (goons) took over Moonglow on that one server that had like town elections and you couldn't recall to Ice Isle and we were like gonna take it over and obviously win the election for mayor and MANY people on the official forums complained that we were "zerg rushing the election", literally not understanding what an election even is

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah on that same server, I can't remember which server it was, all boats were only player crafted and we had like every goon who was playing running EasyUO chopping scripts and we had by far the first GM carpenter and like had also gotten the first cannons on the shard, and so like some people had boxed our boats in on Ice Island and we pulled up with the first ever cannons on the shard and they went "oh poo poo" and then we fired the cannons and....the shard crashed, resetting their boats to safety :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i made like 10 mil on UOF poker and I was just gettin going but they closed the high stakes poker table which is too bad because I was gonna run that poo poo up to 100 mil lol

• Locked thread